Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick

4.3

on 7/2/2015 11:30:00 PM

(this review is solely on the product itself not any of the particular shadeŚcheck the particular shades for specific review)
solid lipstick, i like it a lot considering its quite cheap and still works great. Shoutouts to all the cheapies like me who live off of cheap lipstick like this LOL.

what i like:
pigmentation is amazing, the colour you see is what you get: consistent, not streaky
the nude colours (for my skin) apply well enough that they dont need lip liner to keep them in place
more matte than not
cheap as hell, wide shade collection

what i dont like:
tends toward the drier side
can flake up, creating a nasty ring towards the centre of my mouth (esp darker shades) on dry lips so wear under a thin balm
!!!!!!NEEDS MOAR DARK COLOURS!!!!!!!!!

on 7/2/2015 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- Opacity/Color payoff
- Stays where I put it/Doesn't streak
- Long Lasting
- Price
- NO SMELL!

Cons:
- Thicker formula
- Slightly dry (matte lipstick)
- Packaging sucks

WetnWild you make me feel like a trashy $2 hooker, but I love you. I'll be honest, I haven't touched this brand since I was a kid playing dress up (I am a little bit of a lipstick snob.) However, WetnWild is surprisingly awesome. I tried it because I didn't want to spend $20 for a MAC shade called Sushi Kiss that I could only find on Ebay. If you didn't know, WetnWild makes a very similar pale coral color called Just Peachy.

OMG, you guys, it's so good. I have a fetish for pale lipsticks because my skin is so light that darker colors look pretty clownish on me. Unfortunately, I have very pigmented lips. Not in the attractive way, but in the hyperpigmented, sad, and chapped sort of way. I have never really had luck with light shades not looking streaky on me. This lipstick formula is one of the few that I can totally cover my natural lipcolor with and stays where I put it. It's dry enough that it doesn't move around and sink into my creases, but moist enough that it doesn't drive me crazy or emphasize my dry lips. It lasts as long as the best tube lipsticks I've tried and has no scent (scent gives me headaches so big plus!)

Is it perfect? No. It's still a matte lipstick so the slightly dry formula by itself is uncomfortable for me, but that's typical of matte formulas, isn't it? I prefer moist semi matte formulas (barring liquids, they always feather on me.) Chapstick applied underneath it does help a lot.

Second, it's a little thick. Now, I suspect the thickness is what gives it its opacity and makes it superior to every other pale tube formula I've tried, so I'm willing to make that tradeoff. But if I were NOT concerned with opacity, I would appreciate a slightly lighter formula. As it is, it feels like Chapstick on, so slightly waxy and definitely not like you'd forget you were wearing it. Blotting it helps, and doesn't impact the color much.

Lastly, the packing is no bueno. Seriously, the lipstick won't retract all the way into the tube and the cap goes on in a way that it almost always touches the lipstick. I feel like I'm performing heart surgery every time I need to recap that thing. I also wouldn't trust it in my purse on a hot day because it's a little loose.

I have two colors in this line, the aforementioned Just Peachy and Think Pink (another pale color.) Both are fabulous and there are no differences in their texture or opacity. They both stain your lips pink BTW, but some people like that. I'm planning to grab 4 other colors when I get the chance because they are just so cheap. $2 and they go on sale for buy one get one half off! What? That's practically free!

on 6/30/2015 10:07:00 PM

Love love love this product hate the packaging but still love the lipsticks

on 6/30/2015 3:15:00 PM

I've bought a couple of these mainly on impulse. Most recently it was Vamp It Up, when I was in a dark lipstick mood. It fits, too. It's a bold, almost black shade. It's a touch too intense for me, except for Halloween, but I blot it a bit and wear with lip balm and it's a pretty, deep shade. Other colors from this line are good, too, very pigmented and they last, too. They're just a touch dry for my tastes, like they feel dry and heavy. If they felt lighter, I'd like them more. Packaging is OK, but I've had a couple of these where the lid cracks and I can't carry in my purse for fear they'll open and smear everything. I also don't really care for the lipstick bullet being above the rim, so there's a chance of nicking the lipstick when you put the cap on.
But overall, a decent product. It's a great way to experiment with colors and they work well blended with other balms and shades. (At least for me.)

on 6/22/2015 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

These are very affordable! KathleenLights (youtube beauty guru) says that the colour "bare it all" is the exact same colour as velvet teddy from mac! If you are looking for a affordable, 'exactly' the same dupe for velvet teddy, this a a very cheap alternative.

on 5/30/2015 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love these lipsticks!!!!! They're absolutely amazing to me lol can you tell I'm excited. I am borderline dark skin. My skin tone is a mocha color so at times I find it hard to find lipsticks that will show up on my skin. I own eight of these lipsticks so far and plan on going to Walgreens to get more. They're extremely pigmented & work well for a long eight hour day! The colors show up nicely & they're good for mixing. Because I adore the matte look I don't use lipgloss. The packaging is ok but if you don't like lipstick on your cap don't get them. Also they're a little drying but they work well & I don't even have to use lip liner. I absolutely love it!

on 5/30/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love these lipsticks!!!!! They're absolutely amazing to me lol can you tell I'm excited. I am borderline dark skin. My skin tone is a mocha color so at times I find it hard to find lipsticks that will show up on my skin. I own eight of these lipsticks so far and plan on going to Walgreens to get more. They're extremely pigmented & work well for a long eight hour day! The colors show up nicely & they're good for mixing. Because I adore the matte look I don't use lipgloss but if you want that shine feel free. They're a little drying but they work well & I don't even have to use lip liner. I absolutely love it!

on 5/25/2015 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Confession time! I have never tried W&W products until abt 3 weeks ago. I know, crazy right? Esp. considering I have been wearing makeup for um, I dunno, almost 30 years now. Basically - and as much as it pains me to admit this - I always had it in my head that W&W was cheap and for teens so as a cosmetics snob I never bothered... I was killing time in my local drugstore and decided to pick up some nudes - I always have issues with nudes and have wasted way too much $$$ on luxury brands so I figured why not try these out? I LOVED them so much, I went back and got more the next day.

Pros:
Extremely inexpensive.
Cost is NOT reflective of quality.
Excellent color payoff and very pigmented.
Great staying power.
Non drying matte formula.
Wide array of color choices.

As for cons, well, I don't see any. OK maybe the packaging because it really is cheap and cheap looking, however, I depot all my lippies into a MAC palette so this is a non issue for moi.

I love, love, ADORE these! This formula specifically I gotta say, gives many other brands (both drugstore and high end) some major competition.

on 5/8/2015 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I own six Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last lipsticks in colors: Bare it All (902), Rose Bud (904), Wine Room (906), Mauve Outta Here (907), Sugar Plum Fairy (908), and Spiked with Rum (915). I acquired them gradually and kept getting more for several obvious reasons:
1. Staying power is great, sometimes lasts without re-applying almost entire day.
2. The colors are mat and I love that!
3. Cheap (but not cheap looking) :)
4. Gorgeous color shades (I love all the ones I have).

The only two cons I see as potentially annoying to some people (not for me though) are:
1. The cap easily gets lipstick stains and needs to be cleaned often.
2. For someone who already has dry lips, Mega Last might be a bit too drying. However, it should not be a problem if you exfoliate and hydrate your lips regularly, like I do...

Highly recommend to try if you are looking for a long lasting mat lipstick and don't want to spend much!

on 4/30/2015 7:26:00 PM

First of all, the packaging sucks. The inside of the clear cap has so many lipstick marks of where ive accidentally hit the side with the actual lipstick. And the cap pops off if you drop them. I have three shades. Think Pink, Mauve Outta Here, and Cherry picking. Think Pink is bubblegum pink, Mauve outta here is mauve, and cherry picking is a cool toned light red. They all kind of look fake or cheap looking on the lips but are insanely pigmented. They pop definitely. Im not really a fan of that. Theyre very long lasting as well but stain your skin if they get off the lips which i dont like.

Video Reviews & Tutorials