December 22, 2014 | 1697 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by sw3etpinay

In looooove with these lipsticks! My absolute faves are Wine Room and Bare it All :].
Stoplight Red is a perfect red - makes your teeth appear whiter!
They're extremely affordable. The packaging is the only con I can think of for these honestly.
The pigmentation of these lipsticks are exactly how they are in the sticker colors.
I must say that the colors can be hard to find, but I found many colors at my local Walgreens.

Tip: I recommend (as others have previously said) to dab on the lipstick if you don't want its true color.
It's under 2 bucks, try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Virgo317

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love these lippies! I bought them for .69 cents (on sale of course) at Walgreens but I believe they are normally 1.50-1.99. Either way, very affordable! The ONLY problem I have with them is they can be drying...after a few hours ;) not bad. I do exfoliate and moisturize my lips before applying to try and avoid drying as long as possible. It does come off on drinks or food very easily but most of it will stay on your lips. Throughout my 9 hour work day I will reapply at least once, maybe twice. Still, I love! My favorite is Mauve outta here. Very beautiful and pigmented color. They are all nicely pigmented and absolutely beautiful, true to color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mackenzieg

EASY TRICK TO KEEP LID ON ---> Love the lipstick and hate the container? Simply put a layer of scotch tape around the inside of the lid. Align the tape so it doesn't have to fold over the edge of the tube. Your Mega Last will stay closed like a dream!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by lcheramie1212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is A-MAZING!!! I have been obsessing over finding the perfect everyday "nude" lip color but everything was always too pale, too brown or too pink. Or if I found a shade I liked the product itself was terrible...too sticky, too drying or just gone after 5 minutes. Seriously... I have tried probably hundreds of lip products. And then I found Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipsticks!!! Of course the one I'm most excited about is "bare it all" because it is the PERFECT nude lipstick but I also bought several others and I love them all!!! They are amazingly pigmented and last hours without making lips feel too dry. And they're $1.99!!! Seriously... Don't bother with any other lipstick. This is officially the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by zaprina

I love these lippies! They have great colors that are almost identical to some high end lipsticks. I exfoliate, moisture, and occasionally prime my lips before using any lipstick. It can be a bit drying after awhile but over all I love them! I have almost all shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by robertson08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

These are my HG lipsticks. These lipsticks are very moisturizing, very color pigmented and last all day. I have almost every shade in this collection and the price is fantastic, though the packaging could be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by sophjud

Incredible product and I am astounded by the great price. One con I have is the packaging, you have to be careful that you don't break the tube when putting the lid back on but I can completely forgive that. The formula is not too drying for a matte lipstick, if your lips feel quite dry I recommend putting a lip balm (I use Lucas' pawpaw) on 5 mins before application then it will glide on. It lasts all day as well - no touch ups necessary providing you aren't drinking a lot other wise just a quick check will see you on your way! The range of colours is also very good, so far I have 6 shades and my favourite is 'mauve outta here.' I buy mine from beauty joint , for $3 please give them a go!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by oodles12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you want a matte lippy, this is it. I only use 3 colors religiously. One is think pink & is a pretty light pink buddy shade. Purty Persimmon is a corally red shade which is a great summer color and can be used for a red ombré lip. And my ultimate fave Bare It All. The best ever matte nude brown lip. It is a bit draggy but I've found that if you put Chapstick on before you put on your lipstick it's fine. Also some colors drag more than others. Use a dabbing motion to put this on rather than a swipe and it applies on perfectly. I loooove them. Word of advice-if you have chapped lips, this lipstick will inform the world. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate, then moisturize or you will look like your lips are diseased. NOT CUTE. Super pigmented colors even for very deep ebony complexions. These babies show up! Will repurchase forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I bought this today in the shade Cherry Bomb. It is a super dark, brown toned red color. I felt inspired to wear a color like this because of Zoella videos on YouTube (she wears a very dark vampy lip in some vids). Aaaand HOLY CRAP is this lipstick pigmented! I mean, just one coat and my lips were the dark exact color of the bullet. And the super matte finish looked absolutely gorgeous.
You have to be feeling really feminine to carry the amount of pigmentation these lipsticks offer you with confidence! I find they make a bold statement.
Anyways, I think in terms of moisturizing properties these lipsticks fail miserably. But if you apply lip balm beforehand I don't see how that could be a problem.
The pigmentation, matte finish and longevity of this product for just $2.19 makes it a BRILLIANT purchase for me. Definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE 10/1/14: Ok, so I have delved deeper into these (they are cheap and I have hoarding issues). Here is what I have learned:

1) As mentioned below, many of the shades are just off, too heavy or too much. I have had bad luck with Cherry Picking, Think Pink, Just Peachy, Mauve Outta Here with the colors just being way off and cartoonish & plastic on me. They are extreme versions with no subtleties or nuances

2) New discovery - If the shade seems it should have any brown, peach or beige in it and you are one of those people that everything turns orange on, these are the worse offenders (meaning it will come off uber orange on you). That muted MLBB color that looks pinky brown on others will look flat out rust orange on you (Bare It All)

3) SAVING GRACE - The saving grace of this lines for my NW20, deep winter complexion are the vampy shades. The raisin (can't remember exact name but has Raisin in it) is gorgeous! Cherry Bomb is gorgeous. Bordeaux Blvd is gorgeous. So for cheap, vampy shades hit up WnW. But I had issues with many of the other shades. And if they didn't have these gorgeous dark shades, I would have been ready to write off the whole line. But the vampy shades don't come off as plastic like the shades I had problems with in #1. They don't go orange on me like the problems I had with the MLBB shades in #2. And these seem to offer the most "cheap drugstore dupes" for higher end shades. Many have said for example, that Cherry Bomb is a dupe for MAC Diva.

4) Pat these on for less patchy application. If I drag this across my lips unless they are perfectly prepped I will get a patchy spot. Blotting, tapping, dabbing them on gives me a smoother look.

ORIGINAL POST: These lippies are frustrating for me. Yes, if you are on a budget, have at it. But I have three and all have disappointed a bit. I have Sugar Plum Fairy, Cherry Picking and the Mauve one...can't remember the exact name. I started with SPF because many said it was a dupe for MAC Rebel. And yes, in color it is close. But when I finally bought Rebel, I couldn't even touch SPF after. Rebel glided on into an easy to wear effortless perfection. SPF was draggy, heavy and sooo much on the lip IME compared to Rebel. Cherry Picking and the Mauve color both had the same problem, they feel so heavy and over powering on the lips compared to similar shades in different formulas. While the color on SPF was nice, Cherry Picking was just too much (and I can wear bold...I think it was the finish of the lippie) and the Mauve color came off hot pink and no where near the mauve I wanted it to be.

These aren't awful, but they are not great either. For d/s I prefer Revlon.