October 24, 2014 | 923 users online

Concealers - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Blemish Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Yogigirl6187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this along with the healthy skin liquid foundation for so many years and they are both wonderful!!! This stuff covers blemishes and scars so well. I have gone through soooo many tubes, but they last a while so the price is great for how long it lasts. I'm not going to say it clears up blemishes because I don't think it does, but it does an amazing job of hiding them. I use the shade light and it matches my pale skin perfectly. You can't even tell I'm wearing makeup it just blends like magic.

**TIP- to get great coverage with this, I apply to my skin with the sponge tip, but blend by patting gently with my ring finger. Do not blend with the sponge tip and do not drag this product around with your fingers. Pat very gently over the area to be covered and add as many layers as needed until you're satisfied. Hope that helps :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been breaking out randomly ever since graduating college and as such, I wanted to look for a concealer specific for blemishes. I do not wear foundation (haven't found one that really works for me), but on the rare occasion I wear my Garnier BB Cream.

When I bought this I was very very skeptic it would actually clear up my acne, but some treatment is better than none in my head, so why not give it a go. I chose the color light, though I think it's a tad dark for me. But the next shade down seemed to be too light. Anyway, first time wearing it I was ecstatic. It matched perfectly and blended nicely, covered up the redness from the acne right away, but it definitely does oxidize within an hour for me (which is why I said it might have been too dark for me).

The packaging is great to use, but it definitely doesn't have as much product as it should, in my opinion. It took a few twists at the bottom to get the product out, and sometimes it takes 3-4 clicks for product to show up on the tip. I'm so happy it doesn't have a smell, and I haven't noticed it sliding or rubbing off easily, but I have only used it like twice thus far. It is on the pricier side, just like every other review mentioned, but with a coupon I might definitely repurchase this product! After a few months (if I remember), I'll update this review and mention if it actually helped or not with my breakouts.

**EDIT** I have been using this every day over moisturizer and under my Physician's Formula mineral powder and I don't notice any difference between it actually helping with my blemishes. It doesn't clear them up quicker nor reduce redness or anything. BUT, it still works wonders in concealing them! I'm extremely happy with the product that I added another "star" to the overall rating. Another quick thing though, the product does end up coming out if the bottle is under some pressure or something. Every morning I find that there is enough product on the tip as if I had already twisted the bottom, but I hadn't... just keep that in mind just in case! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by thetammyest

I got this because I wanted to use it to cover my blemishes, and it was kind of expensive but I liked the idea of it "helping" my acne since it has salicylic acid. Salicylic acid never helped my skin in face washes or toners from the drugstore, but I thought maybe letting it sit on my face for a few hours might help. I couldn't decide what color to get, so I bought two. One was too light and the other was too dark, I tried to mix them but found it was just easier to blend it out. So the color selection is not very good.
Anyway, it didn't make my face break out (most makeup does not do this, though) and it did not help. I've used this concealer while using prescription medication for my skin and it did not change, either.
The coverage is pretty good, but it doesn't last me a whole school day. I like the packaging, so I toss it in my bag for touching up my concealer later in the day. I ended up splurging on a $23 benefit concealer- worth it, but I don't like to carry expensive makeup in my bag because where I live it is very hot and I'm afraid it will melt.
While the packaging is convenient, it doesn't hold very much product and I found myself jamming paper clips in the hole to scoop out little bits, because it would get clogged.
If this product were cheaper, I would repurchase it for touch ups later in the day and the convenient packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by sgray0721

I actually really liked this stuff, even with bad reviews. It really does match my skin tone and has a thick consistency! I don't get why everyone's complaining that it has a thin formula. It's very similar to Almay's clear complexion concealer, except it oxidizes better. My only true complaint is you get so little product in one expensive tube, it's kind of a ripoff. Not sure if I will repurchase only because of its price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Otterchilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good product, a bit pricey, though. Awesome for concealing acne, especially if you have yellow skin tones. I wouldn't recommend using it on peeling skin or undereyes, as it is very drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I feel like this concealer worked better than the actual foundation but yet again, after a couple of hours it slide right off and looked worse than my acne without make-up. Doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

Very convenient for spot treatment. Great price. Covers decently and is buildable. Helps clear up the spot faster. It's everything you could ask for. I really like it because it helps me to stretch the use of my pricier HG concealer, MUFE's full cover.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by pupylove94

Too thin that it doesn't even cover anything. It's a bit expensive for that little amount of liquid though I like how there's a sponge at the tip of the pen. Doesn't help improve my acne scars either

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by elizaturner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

THIS WAS TERRIBLE! By far the worst concealer I have ever used! It was so thin, and you had to put a ton on if you wanted it to do anything. It also oxidized really bad and turned orange. It was a flaky mess too! And it didn't do anything for clearing up blemishes... DO. NOT. BUY. THIS.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Hippiejazzie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this concealer! It matches my skin perfectly. I have Light 10. Works great for covering blemishes and even out red skin tone and acne scars in my T-zone. Doesn't make me break out. I don't think it heals blemishes but it covers well.