November 27, 2014 | 1581 users online

Lip Liners - Smashbox - Nude Lip Pencil in Fair

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by shestudieslaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this Lip Pencil in Dark. Rick Color. Goes on smooth. My only criticism is that I wished it stayed put.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

According to Smashbox, this is "the only lip pencil you'll ever need." You "choose the shade that coordinates with your natural lip color to make lips look fuller and contoured," because that will "create beautiful, natural-looking definition." I chose Fair, which is described as a "pinkish nude," mainly because the other shades are very brown, which my lips are not. Although this is a nice, creamy light pink lip pencil, it does not go with every lip color you'll want to wear. It really stands out if you choose, say, a plum or red shade. However, it's great with pinks (especially MAC Syrup), works well under gloss, feels good on the lips, and has fairly good staying power. If you generally stick with one family of lip colors and like to use a liner, try it. For folks like me, however, this is *not* the only lip pencil I'll ever need. Sorry, Smashbox, but your now-discontinued Smashing Muse (a sheer mauve) really is the perfect pencil that perfectly matches my lip color. I will not repurchase.