April 20, 2014 | 2052 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - ColorIcon Palette in Lust [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lust is an amazing palette ~ It's a great value, and a great product! I have only tried one or two eye shadows from WnW before, so I was pleasantly surprised with the wear ability of this palette. All of the shades are workable for my coloring, and my favorite shades are the pinkish shades, with plum accents. The matte shades are harder to blend than the shimmer ones. I like to mix the matte and the shimmer together for a satin sheen. I am definitely going to try another palette from WnW...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette at the same time as the Vanity one a few months ago. I believe Lust is more suited for my skintone (~NW10-15, with pinkish undertones). I was afraid the pinker shades might give me the "I've just been punched in the face" look because my eyelids tend to be red with very obvious veins. But this is not the case. When applied on top of a primer, the colours become completely opaque and I can't see redness through them (for the record, I haven't tried without primer).
    The shadows are soft and well pigmented. I think the shimmery shades are a little bit easier to blend than the matte ones. The medium matte shade, in particular, always requires more work than the others. I, however, am in love with the top right eyeshadow. It's a slightly shimmery white colour with a hint of purple. Its texture is smooth and it works wonderfully to brighten the eyes up.
    I've only noticed fallout with the dark, silver shade, but nothing that ruined my whole face. Overall, though, great quality for drugstore stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by coursoncharm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

All the eyeshadows from WnW are great. the texture is buttery and what you see in the pan is the color youll get- super pigmented. Could be some fallout with the shimmery shades, but nothing major - happens with most brands. imo, anyone giving these a bad review simply hasnt really worked with them

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

For just $4.99 at my CVS, this palette is AMAZING. I have brownish black eyes, so purple is a great color to use to make my eyes pop. The Lust palette contains a great mix of plums, with an addition of a light pink, white, and steely blue/grey. All 6 colors are MAC dupes, which I love as well. I'm definitely going to be purchasing all the coloricon palettes!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was 5$ at Target. I bought it because I love the way purples make my eyes look... so gorgeous. My significant other thinks so too. Although I lost my fav eye palette of purples from MAC ... =(
    idk if it was really mac, I got it from a fleamarket for 5$ LOL. Who cares, it frikkin worked!

anyway i lost that 1 and so I bought this. Came home, swiped the colors on my fingers, sat for about 15 mins looking at the colors, played with them a little and went straight back to Target to get my money back.

there was only one freaking color in this palette that was actually purple, all the others were either too dark or too light to be considered a shade of purple. Yah totally wasn't for me, but they were still great quality/texture/pigmentation, just not great shades of purples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a MAC fan, but hear this has some great and exact dupes in there. (Not that I care.)
    Anyway, as usual for Wet 'n' Wild, these eyeshadows are SOO freakin' pigmented! I love the dark colors in this palette... they're so elegant and gothic and perfect for me <3 I would buy this again, and if I had any friends that liked makeup I'd buy one for each of them, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sh1307732

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what it is, but this isn't what I was hoping for. It was the consistency of thick butter. And I mean THICK butter. It was hard to blend. The colors weren't flattering (made me look muddy) and the pigments were hard to get the proper amount. Maybe another color palette would be better. Just not this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not only does this product contain too great dupes for MAC eyeshadows that i already own, (Beauty Marked and Night Divine) but the pigmentation and texture is awesome!!!! For the price I will buy it again!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, bought the hype. Bought this and a bunch of coloricon palettes. Terrible fall out, blends badly. Not worth it. Gave them to my daughter to play with. Still using my MAC eyeshadow. In no way a replacement for good shadow!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by ljacks

I feel weird going against the grain on this one...

But I just can't make this palette work for me. I don't know if the colors are TOO pigmented (is that such a thing?) but it just seems really difficult to apply without making a mess. Maybe they're too soft? I just can't seem to get the right amount on my brush.

Also, when I transfer from my brush to my lid, the color just sits there. It doesn't blend out or smoke at all...it's just a clump of color that doesn't move. When trying to blend out my crease, I actually had to grab pressed powder in order to make it look somewhat decent.

Finally, I find that the colors, while they look good in the pan, aren't exactly something I would wear on my eye. Maybe it's just not my style, but it seems they come out much darker on my skin than in the pan...turning muddy and black instead of retaining any kind of richness.

Again, maybe it's just me. I didn't use a primer or the best brushes (Mirra and Crown), so it could be my own fault. Overall, the shadows are just too difficult to work with to achieve the more natural look I'm going for--they're not worth it to me.