October 21, 2014 | 1819 users online

BB Cream - BRTC - Blemish Recover Balm SPF 28

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Shade Reference: NC20-25 / Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff (approximately).

PROs: heavy coverage

CONs: very drying (as it is geared towards acne skin which is usually associated with oily skin), so dry skin girls like me need to proceed with caution as if your skin gets too dry, it too will break out.
- pink undertone

TBC.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by ronniechops

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite base product at the moment! I normally wear the Revlon Colorstay for oily skin, but I find that it does feel a bit tight on my face. The BRTC has amazing coverage for a bb cream. It has a much thicker, creamier consistency that other bb creams/tinted moisturisers I've tried. In addition to covering up imperfections, it evens out the texture of my skin. I probably get around 6 hours wear out of this. works well when mixed with the Colorstay too. Thumbs up all the way! *for reference I used the shade Buff in the Colorstay and the BRTC is an almost perfect match for me as my skin is a bit more yellow toned than the Buff shade

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by HelloLucy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all: This BRTC BB cream has great, great coverage. When wearing this, my spots/acne and redness weren't visible at all!
Even though this BB cream is quite thick, it didn't feel heavy (or unpleasant in any other way) on my face.
It didn't make my face look very matte, so I always had to 'fix' the cream with translucent powder, and after a couple of hours I had to blot and touch up the oily 'problem areas' - nose, forehead - with powder again. But maybe this was due to the fact that I always applied a moisturiser for oily skin before applying the BRTC cream.
I had to mix the BB cream with a tiny bit of mattifying foundation about two shades too dark for me, because otherwise I'd look like a geisha, which isn't the look I'm going for on a daily basis (;
The BB cream has a tea tree-y scent to it, which I had to get used to at first (after months of 'Missha M Vita BB cream Matte', which is also a good BB cream, by the way!), but ended up quite liking it.
As for the drying and fading of blemishes, scars etc... I don't think the BB cream really does that. Not on my skin, at least. I have used this product every single day for a little bit more than 3 months, and I didn't notice that much of a difference. It didn't make my acne or blemishes worse, either. The BB cream simply 'balanced' my skin, maybe prevented a spot or two and made my skin appear rather even when wearing it.
Because I want to try out more Asian (/Korean) BB creams for oily, acne prone skin, I won't buy this BRTC cream again any time soon... but! I'd recommend anyone with the same (or a similar) skin type I have to try this one too. And if I won't find a better BB cream, I think I'll come back to this BRTC cream one day. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by megg15

LOVE! I received a sample of this when I purchased BRTC Jasmine water bb cream and I ended up liking this one more! (Though I like both). The consistency of this is pretty thick and it covers amazing! Has nice lasting power too. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by eroutska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The pros:
- The new formulation smells like clay which is a huge improvement on the medicine-cabinet smell of the earlier product.
- Can be used two ways:
1. Over a moisturizer, blotted with powder on top, this a lightweight product that seals in the moisture and can be mattified while giving skin a lovely luminosisty. This is great for dry/combination skin.
2. On its own with a bit of powder to set, it has a much less shiny texture, while still giving luminosity. Great for oily skin.
- You need a VERY small amount of this product so it never ends! It lasts me several months. A pea size amount is enough for your entire face. Always start light and build in areas that need more coverage to avoid the dreaded ghost-face that other users speak of. Think of it as clay and warm it up first on your fingers. Blend fast.
- I noticed that the greyish/pale color is self adjusting. After ten minutes, it settles into your face (if not, spritz on a tiny bit of water) and appears to darken.
- Definitely helps with breakouts and never irritates skin, which was the reason I bought it in the first place.

Cons:
- The packaging is not exactly luxurious.
- There is only one color that is at least three shades too pale for my light skin (I tend to be the second or third lightest shade in most brands). I can't even imagine how pale you must be for this product to fit you.
- Without powder and blotting you get a shiny finish that may be nice when your skin is dry in the winter but not so much any other time.
- Not the easiest product to blend.

Overall, definitely a worthy pale-girl's friend.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by tanseiyin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay so i live in Singapore which is relatively a very humid city compared to those like Japan and that means that my face tends to get all oily and everything easily.

This product provides excellent coverage with its thick consistency, but that can be good and bad.

I wear this product on a daily basis(all over my face) with an extra layer of Maybelline Mineral Powder Foundation over it (and normal moisturizer under so that its easier to blend. ) so that i dont look like a ghost at school. But i have to say that my makeup did appear thick cause it did dried up my skin and making it flake(drying up the pimples as well).

This product gives a whitish cast and although the product did blend into my skin, the colour didn't. So i would end up with a shiny and pale face a few minutes after application without the extra foundation layer despite enough coverage was given for my acne and acne scars.

I wear this even on days when i have PE(physical education) classes in the MORNING and the combination lasted really long. Even after sweating like a wet bucket maybe after a 2.4km run, the makeup stayed! from 6:00am to 9:00pm WITHOUT TOUCHUPS. (thumbsup for that!) But yeah, my face did look greasy and all that. The makeup didn't appear to be sliding off my face at the very least. Oil control was not bad on an average day(8-10 hours without shine in a humid country!). i didn't have to touch up my makeup at all.

This product leasted me really long too! Due to its thick consistency, not much was needed per application and after about 6 months, i still have more than half of the tube left.

About its "blemish recovery" claim, i am half and half on that. Although it does contain tea tree oil which is supposed to help improve acne conditions , its consistency is toooooooo thick for that function because its thick consisntensy traps traps the oil and dirt close to your skin and IT CAN'T BREATHE. Yeah it did stay on my face even after a sweaty PE session, but i felt DISGUSTED. I coulnd't wait to wash that makeup off my face once i got home. It felt like my skin was screaming at me to wash that makeup off cuz it was soooooo suffocating and .... well gross. So my skin condition didn't improve and more pimples and acne came along, but yes, it did dried up someeeeeee of the pimples but the opposite effect came in worse.

Will not repurchase cause' i would like to try something that provides a lighter coverage for my skin to breathe and recover.

Thats about it, hope i didnt miss out anything :/

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by IwillEndYou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In regards to would I buy this product again? It's actually a maybe. Maybe if I don't find anything better that does not break my skin out. And on with the real review...

I have tried a few BB Creams, one which made me break out, and an American version which was just a weak tinted moisturizer. I choose this BRTC based on general good reviews, and because foundations, creams and such tend to break me out.

The good...it did not make me break out. The first day I used it, I thought it was, but after that first day everything seemed fine. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now. The color seems light, but does blend well with my skin tone after applied. My skin is light to medium. The coverage is moderate. Much better than the American BB creams, but perhaps not as heavy as I would like. I have a lot of scarring, it does an OK job of covering it.

The bad...this cream is very drying. I was hoping to cut out the use of moisturizer in my morning routine, but I feel like I actually have to use more since using this product. Also, it tends to settle in my pores and skin imperfections slightly by the end of the day. Other than that, it is a decent product. I am going to try the BRTC Jasmine Waters BB Cream next, hoping it does not settle in pores and fine lines, and is less drying. I have not noticed any improvement in my skin's general health, and no fading of scars and discoloration.

Generally I believe this is a great product for someone with acne-prone, oily skin. If you have dry skin, stay away, and combo skin could go either way but is probably worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by CookieMonster222

I'd been eyeing up BB creams for a while, as I hated how many products I needed to put on my face just to get the coverage I wanted. I know I could have just headed down to the nearest Boots and bought the first so-called BB cream I come across, but we all know they're just tinted moisurisers, with a fancy name. If I wanted any sort of coverage, I knew I was going to have to go with one of the real Korean BB creams. Anyway, I was going to go with the Missha M brand, but couldn't find any samples to try. (Didn't want yet another beauty fail on my shelf) I then came across the BRTC Blemish Recover Balm. I read a few reviews, and bought several samples from eBay.

The product came in 6 individual sachets, and from looking at them, it felt like there was barely any product in them. Certainly not enough for one sachet to do one full face application! However today I decided to try one out for the first time since receiving them in the post. Now I don't usually do reviews so early on, as I like to make sure I have an informed as possible opinion on a product before I share that opinion. However in this case, I was so impressed with it already after having only just applied it, that I just had to review it.

Like I said, I got this product in sachets of about 0.5 - 1ml, and I really did think I'd need to use two of them, just from the empty feel the packet had. There weren't any instructions on how to apply, but I just presumed it would be like applying a foundation. Therefore I just cleansed and moisuriser my face before applying this. The first thing I noticed as soon as I opened the packet was the smell. It definitely has an obvious tea tree scent to it, however this does die down after application. Although if you can't stand the smell of tea tree, it might put you off from wanting to use it. I personally like the smell of it, so that doesn't bother me. Plus my usual Revlon foundation has a scent to it too, so that's nothing new.

The colour is very light with a dull-pinky tone and fairly thick but smooth and creamy in texture. I'd say it's only slightly thicker than my Colorstay foundation, so that wasn't an issue either. One thing I was worried about from looking at the product was the colour. Although having a pink tone to it, the colour is also quite dull, and having dull skin already I didn't want it to appear worse... Luckily it didn't. Just a little pale. I know quite a few people have commented on the product being very light in colour, but being manufactured in Korea, this was to be expected. Plus it's only slightly lighter than my natural skin tone, nothing that couldn't be fixed with my usual powder. I think I'm around an NC20-25 / Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff, so anyone of this shade or lighter would be fine. Anyone a shade or two darker, would probably still get away with it with a bit or bronzer on top.

A good thing about this product is that not only is it meant to help heal your skin of blemish scars, redness etc. But it also has an spf rating of 28! Which of course is very high for a cosmetic product, so you probably wouldn't even need to wear a sunscreen underneath. The product describes this as a 'light, oil-controlling blemish balm for oily and troubled skin'. Initially I was a little worried that it's oil-controlling properties would make the product a little too drying on my skin. However after applying my skin didn't look at all matte, or as if it would be once it had dried fully either... So I'm glad I didn't have to worry about that. Although having more sensitive/dry skin, I found it odd to have such a contradictory result compared to people who have really oily skin. Would still recommend wearing a moisuriser underneath though, as a precaution.

I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting from this product, but this definitely exceeded those expectations! The coverage this gives for a start, was completely not what I expected! Although taking the plunge and purchasing several samples of it, I really didn't have high hopes for a decent coverage. I was half expecting it to be similar to a tinted moisturiser, or at best a light coverage foundation. I'd say this gives a definite medium coverage that can be built up to a full coverage. Despite the little amount of product each sachet has, I still only used half of it, and even then it was after applying more than one layer to some areas. This is a huge difference compared to the amount of product I usually use with just a standard foundation. What's more, I didn't need to apply a single bit of concealer! Something I've certainly not been able to do in a while. The coverage of this product is so good for what it is that it was almost like, 'dark circles, what dark circles?' It also completely got rid of any redness. The only thing I had to do was apply a little more of the product to a few blemishes and dark spots -but no concealer! I then applied my Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder over the top, and this gave me that semi-matte finish I love.

Admittedly I do think I applied a little too much product, despite how much I actually used. Maybe less really is more?? However it doesn't look cakey considering, just settled a bit in the fine lines under my eyes and smile lines around my mouth. Apart from that it looks fairly natural, and from a distance is hard to tell that I'm wearing makeup. The thick consistency of the product does make it a little hard to blend out, so it's best to apply a bit at a time. However after applying to one or two areas of the face, you soon get over that. Plus if you're thinking of getting this, then you're probably used to "full coverage" foundations like Revlon Colorstay which is also harder to blend than a standard foundation, but still somehow blends in nicely with the skin.

Overall I'm super pleased with how good this product is, and will continue to use it to see if it really helps heal your skin, and update as I go. Either way this takes a lot of time out of my daily make

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love BRTC products and there blue complex! I really like this product for many reasons -I love the oil control and how it really dries spots.
-It also lasts all day. I just took it off after wearing it a good 8 hours plus a nap and my skin looks flawless.
-I do notice the whitening properties as I have some pigmentation and a mole that is fading in color.
-I also like how good the ingredients are in this product. Utilizing plants is something i really believe in. I think all good things for our skin can come from mother nature and this product has not let me down yet. Lavender is an excellent part of skin care especially for us oily/combo types and I find my oil is well controlled.
-great for us pale girls as it is one of the more fair creams.
-excellent coverage. You couldn't see my old acne scars at all=)
-dries blemishes
Cons~
-Pricy I had to shop around for a decent price I got mine for 15 USD and change from one of my favorite ebay shops. She's legit and has authenticity stuff everywhere so yay!
-the pale color can leave many shades of skin will just not be able to use it because it's so light.
-small product for the price
-can be a tad too drying but with a nice oil free moisturizer your groovy. I don't use one at all and it doesn't dry my skin just the spots.

Summation
It's a great product for pale people with blemishes that want to hide them well and have long lasting coverage. The plant extracts really sooth the skin I find and I can wash and use my night products with no issues what so ever. Will I buy this again without a doubt. Would I recommend it to my friends yes, but it's so good it's like my secret weapon, but I will share it because the product does work so well. This is mos def part of my summer ritual.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by wingedfrog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Colour: This has a light colour to it, and is distinctly greyish. If I place a blob of this on my skin, it looks like it would give you a corpse-like pallor. However, once you blend it out, it changes to match my skin very nicely. In fact, I use this predominantly to cancel out redness in certain areas and it does this supremely well. Perhaps the grey helps with this.

Texture: It IS very thick, so you can't really blend it far from where you first apply it. For this reason, I prefer to actually apply it in small amounts to red areas with a concealer brush. If you're going full face with this, I'd probably recommend putting just a little on a foundation brush at a time, and lightly sweep it over a larger area to distribute the product across the area, (rather than starting with a blob and spreading from there) and then blend it in from there. The thickness does seem to mean it makes my pores much less noticeable, without actually clogging them.

Oil-control: I get VERY oily skin, and I find this mattifies it quite well, even if I apply this later in the day when the oil is already present, it seems to soak it up.

Lasting power: Lasts well on me, though the fact that the colour seems to blend more into your skin over time is at times (when my redness is worse than usual) unadvantageous as it is then not cancelling out the redness quite as well.

Effect on skin: This does NOT break me out at all, which is a rare thing for me. I think it may have a slightly beneficial effect on the acne-prone areas where it is applied but not enough for me to confidently say it is helping. BUT, that said, it doesn't break me out, despite being both mattifying and very thick.
This also contains sun protection (UVA and B). A definite bonus!!

My uses: Mostly in smaller areas, covering redness i.e. around nose and on chin. I also apply it to a couple of more obvious sunspots, because of the sun protection to help avoid further darkening.
This is perfect for days when I don't want a full face of foundation - I just cover up the redness and leave the rest of my skin to breathe, but it does such a good job of evening out the problem areas, that it looks almost as good as if my whole face is made up. Haven't tried it completely covering everywhere, but I think it would be good for this too.

I'm definitely repurchasing.