November 28, 2014 | 1794 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - studio secrets - anti shine mattifying

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't purchased this but I tested it in the store and I also checked the ingredients. Well, if I was L'oreal I'd kind of be ashamed of selling this as some sort of miracle product for the price they're selling it now (£9 in Boots).

This is basically liquid silicone. It contains Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethicone. It's in your shampoo, conditioner, pressed powder, foundation, body lotion, everything. If you put it on your face, it will act as a barrier between your skin's natural oils and your makeup as it doesn't get broken down by sebum very fast.

Oh, and you can also purchase this from any wholesale cosmetics retailer for a fraction of the price. TKB trading sell a mix of Cyclopentasiloxan and Dimethicone crosspolymer, which is exactly identical to L'oreal's primer. It costs $4.50 for 2 oz.

This doesn't mean that L'oreal's product is bad in any way - in fact, I find silicone-based primers very good for oil control and creating a smooth base for foundation. It just means that you can buy this stuff for incredibly cheap if you don't want to pay for the fancy packaging. I just wanted ti put this out here, hope it helps :)

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by people52005

I really like this primer!!! I wear it by itself and it gives my face a matte finish with a nice dewy glow to it. If you have oily/combo skin, this is good for wearing it before applying foundation so your face won't end up a greasy wreck!!!! would recommend and it's inexpensive, cost me £8 from boots.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by daphneannigje

This is the best mattifying product I ever used. I put it on 6.30 in the morning and my face stays shine free till I go to bed! It is a bit expensive, but worth the investment for sure!

edit: I found out that without this and just my clinique city block, my skin get`s less shiny! Don`t use it anymore, waste of money!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved the packaging, it was pretty nifty, but it didn't do what it says, it made my make up shiny and slip off not to mention made me break out in hundreds of tiny spots!
Ive yet to find a amazing primer, and this isn't it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by rderlacki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first time i used this primer i was suprised to find that it was a clear liquid, thinking it was going to make my skin v oily, but as soon as i rubbed it in, i got the most pleasant suprised at how matte and soft my skin was!!! I do love this primer and will definatley re purchase, i just wish it could do something about the redness in my cheeks!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Secretly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Worst primer I have ever used! Instead of keeping my skin matte it did the complete opposite and made my skin way more shiny/oily! I have oily enough skin already! Just after a few ours my make up was melting off worse than before!

I won't be buying this again in fact I'm taking it back and demanding a refund!

I'm highly disappointed and it was so expensive for a drug store brand! $40AUD

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by babybluesnv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this product. Since I live in the US, it's hard to get my hands on, but when I can, I grab it. Keeps my face anti shine all day,makeup doesnt slip off, packaging is great and the price (off ebay) is very reasonable. I have literally a drawer full of primers, you name it, I have it and this is the one I keep reaching for.

I'm hoping they release this one in the US like they just did the other Studio Secrets primers.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Bronz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer did not work for me. I have oily skin and it did not make a huge difference (for $40 Australian i had high expectations) will not buy again :(
P.s Makes me break out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

This is quite a nice primer; makes my face nice and velvety and helps my MU stay on all day. No breakouts whatsoever. Like the other reviewers have said, there's only 3 ingredients in this primer which is great for people like me who's skin can't handle too many chemicals!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by dw4518

UPDATE: i'm allergic to silicones, so won't be using this anymore

original:
this is better than the GOSH velvet touch primer- feels less greasy and slippery. i was going to buy lancome's la base pro but decided to try this first. the ingredients list really impressed me- only 3 things- cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, fil b30776/1

i don't think its going to break me out but i'm not certain yet- will update

i also bought the loreal studio secrets resurfacing primer. not liking that one so far.