L'Oreal studio secrets - anti shine mattifying

3.0

cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, fil b30776/1

on 5/19/2010 6:15:00 PM

I haven't purchased this but I tested it in the store and I also checked the ingredients. Well, if I was L'oreal I'd kind of be ashamed of selling this as some sort of miracle product for the price they're selling it now (£9 in Boots).

This is basically liquid silicone. It contains Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethicone. It's in your shampoo, conditioner, pressed powder, foundation, body lotion, everything. If you put it on your face, it will act as a barrier between your skin's natural oils and your makeup as it doesn't get broken down by sebum very fast.

Oh, and you can also purchase this from any wholesale cosmetics retailer for a fraction of the price. TKB trading sell a mix of Cyclopentasiloxan and Dimethicone crosspolymer, which is exactly identical to L'oreal's primer. It costs $4.50 for 2 oz.

This doesn't mean that L'oreal's product is bad in any way - in fact, I find silicone-based primers very good for oil control and creating a smooth base for foundation. It just means that you can buy this stuff for incredibly cheap if you don't want to pay for the fancy packaging. I just wanted ti put this out here, hope it helps :)

on 5/9/2010 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this primer!!! I wear it by itself and it gives my face a matte finish with a nice dewy glow to it. If you have oily/combo skin, this is good for wearing it before applying foundation so your face won't end up a greasy wreck!!!! would recommend and it's inexpensive, cost me £8 from boots.

This is the best mattifying product I ever used. I put it on 6.30 in the morning and my face stays shine free till I go to bed! It is a bit expensive, but worth the investment for sure!

edit: I found out that without this and just my clinique city block, my skin get`s less shiny! Don`t use it anymore, waste of money!

on 3/29/2010 1:14:00 PM

I loved the packaging, it was pretty nifty, but it didn't do what it says, it made my make up shiny and slip off not to mention made me break out in hundreds of tiny spots!
Ive yet to find a amazing primer, and this isn't it.

on 3/28/2010 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The first time i used this primer i was suprised to find that it was a clear liquid, thinking it was going to make my skin v oily, but as soon as i rubbed it in, i got the most pleasant suprised at how matte and soft my skin was!!! I do love this primer and will definatley re purchase, i just wish it could do something about the redness in my cheeks!

on 3/9/2010 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Worst primer I have ever used! Instead of keeping my skin matte it did the complete opposite and made my skin way more shiny/oily! I have oily enough skin already! Just after a few ours my make up was melting off worse than before!

I won't be buying this again in fact I'm taking it back and demanding a refund!

I'm highly disappointed and it was so expensive for a drug store brand! $40AUD

on 3/6/2010 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product. Since I live in the US, it's hard to get my hands on, but when I can, I grab it. Keeps my face anti shine all day,makeup doesnt slip off, packaging is great and the price (off ebay) is very reasonable. I have literally a drawer full of primers, you name it, I have it and this is the one I keep reaching for.

I'm hoping they release this one in the US like they just did the other Studio Secrets primers.

on 1/30/2010 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This primer did not work for me. I have oily skin and it did not make a huge difference (for $40 Australian i had high expectations) will not buy again :(
P.s Makes me break out!

on 1/30/2010 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is quite a nice primer; makes my face nice and velvety and helps my MU stay on all day. No breakouts whatsoever. Like the other reviewers have said, there's only 3 ingredients in this primer which is great for people like me who's skin can't handle too many chemicals!

on 1/23/2010 11:36:00 AM

UPDATE: i'm allergic to silicones, so won't be using this anymore

original:
this is better than the GOSH velvet touch primer- feels less greasy and slippery. i was going to buy lancome's la base pro but decided to try this first. the ingredients list really impressed me- only 3 things- cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, fil b30776/1

i don't think its going to break me out but i'm not certain yet- will update

i also bought the loreal studio secrets resurfacing primer. not liking that one so far.