April 19, 2014 | 1042 users online

Polishes - Essie - Lollipop

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by str8thuggin

I saw all the glowing reviews on this and thought "whatever, it's just red nail polish." Oh no. It is magic red nail polish!I had never bought Essie before because frankly, I think it's overpriced and none of their colors ever grabbed me enough to plunk down the cash. Well my hubs and I were in Target and it was my birthday, and there sat Essie Lollipop so I figured what the hell. Little did I know, it would become one of my all time favorites. The color..... everyone has already described very well and it IS all that AND a bag of chips. This coming from someone with well over a hundred bottles of nail polish. Also, I CAN'T BELIEVE how well this wears. I painted my nails a week ago with it and they look like they were done yesterday. I'm talking NO tip wear. I'm a believer!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by mzebra

Apparently I can't get enough of my reds. This is a fresh poppy red. All I needed to know is that it had a jelly finish. I am a sucker for that type of polish. What makes this extra great is that I'm good to go with two coats. This is a great shade to wear all year around.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by r0cksh0w

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Gorgeous and girly! I've been looking for a perfect red and haven't been happy with any of the colors I've come across. My boyfriend picked this out for me and I could not be happier. I was kind of wary about buying another Essie nail polish after buying Wicked and finding it difficult to apply... very goopy. But this one goes on very smoothly. Glad I gave it another chance! This is such a beautiful, bright, fun color.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by AngelinaLover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This red nail varnish is the best red I've ever used, I'm not usually a red girl because some can look tarty but this is a nice young fresh colour with a jelly finish just like a lollipop! It really looks nice on my cool toned pale skin. I've had it on for nearly a week without base or top coat and there's only minor tip wear on my medium length nails (with 2 coats). It's just like a nail varnish I had when I was little even the packaging

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The PERFECT bright red. It leans poppy and is bright but no neon. I would say this is a dupe for Le metier de beaute's Ken downing LE color in Kontagious Koral except a tinge less coral and a tinge more opaque. Overall, I like lollipop better on my skin as it's a bit redder, deeper, and opaque. It's a bit more goopey than LMdB but other than that the consistency is perfect. Very opaque in 2 coats with a very nice cream-jelly finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Lollipop is a beautiful super shiny red, it's sort of a retro red and when worn with the proper outfit and makeup it looks gorgeus.
It's a must have for all women who like red polishes.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by marryelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had this essie in the mini size and LOVED it! I eventually bought it in the full size and got it on sale because of a wonky brush. Nonetheless this polish is still amazing. The quality is just remarkable and the formula is very good. Its a very flattering red and a color I keep coming back to. It takes 2-3 coats to get the color but its worth it. The first coat dries dull so you need the second one to liven it up!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

GORGEOUS! I read reviews and most people said it looked red on them. On me it looks much more orange, which was what I was looking for. I would say it's a reddish-orange, leaning more toward orange. Looks fab on my NC35 olive skin. Love this color and the application was BA-NA-NAS! The brush is great, and the color goes on in nice even thin coats. Two coats got me the opacity I wanted. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by jess37909

Beautiful bright and super shiny, this color is my go-to red when painting my own nails. It is a retro cherry that looks gorgeous on tan skin in summer or on pale skin in winter. It is quite amazing when paired with a matte red lip for that 70's glam, Yves Saint Laurent look that I love. It doesn't chip, isn't streaky, and is a really thick opaque red that has totally sold me! I love!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by blemers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this red! It's one of my go to and most used colors by far! My hubby's favorite too! It's bright and a perfect red for summer in my opinion. I would describe the formula as more of a jelly because it takes 3-4 coats for me to get completely opaque, which is the only reason I gave it 4 stars. 3-4 coats are worth it for such a pretty color though, I typically expect darker colors like this to be opaque in 1-2 coats. That being said, if you don't mind visible nail line, you could easily get away with just one coat because the formula is completely smooth and evens out perfectly. I've experienced zero streaking with it. Love the color, love the packaging, love the thin brush, and I would definitely repurchase this color.