December 18, 2014 | 1021 users online

Polishes - Essie - Lollipop

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

In the store this looks like a beautiful pink red, even outside in natural light. Inside it's more of the candy cane red that Essie describes it as. I wish it was more of a bright pink red because those flatter my skin tone. As with 90% of Essie, it's a good polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by rawrcatx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am in absolute love with Lollipop!! It's such a classy & simple color yet there's something so eye-catching & lovely about it. It has great opacity in one coat, perfection in two. Lollipop is a glossy, juicy red with a hint of orange in it. It's not quite a jelly finish, more like somewhere in the midst of a creme & a jelly, which gives it a juicy looking finish.
It wore for 3 days with no chips & very light tipwear and one slight chip on the 4th, which is a little less than average wear time for me but still great.
If you're hesitant about buying it because it seems like just another red, buy it!! It's fabulous.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by str8thuggin

I saw all the glowing reviews on this and thought "whatever, it's just red nail polish." Oh no. It is magic red nail polish!I had never bought Essie before because frankly, I think it's overpriced and none of their colors ever grabbed me enough to plunk down the cash. Well my hubs and I were in Target and it was my birthday, and there sat Essie Lollipop so I figured what the hell. Little did I know, it would become one of my all time favorites. The color..... everyone has already described very well and it IS all that AND a bag of chips. This coming from someone with well over a hundred bottles of nail polish. Also, I CAN'T BELIEVE how well this wears. I painted my nails a week ago with it and they look like they were done yesterday. I'm talking NO tip wear. I'm a believer!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by mzebra

Apparently I can't get enough of my reds. This is a fresh poppy red. All I needed to know is that it had a jelly finish. I am a sucker for that type of polish. What makes this extra great is that I'm good to go with two coats. This is a great shade to wear all year around.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by r0cksh0w

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Gorgeous and girly! I've been looking for a perfect red and haven't been happy with any of the colors I've come across. My boyfriend picked this out for me and I could not be happier. I was kind of wary about buying another Essie nail polish after buying Wicked and finding it difficult to apply... very goopy. But this one goes on very smoothly. Glad I gave it another chance! This is such a beautiful, bright, fun color.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by AngelinaLover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This red nail varnish is the best red I've ever used, I'm not usually a red girl because some can look tarty but this is a nice young fresh colour with a jelly finish just like a lollipop! It really looks nice on my cool toned pale skin. I've had it on for nearly a week without base or top coat and there's only minor tip wear on my medium length nails (with 2 coats). It's just like a nail varnish I had when I was little even the packaging

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The PERFECT bright red. It leans poppy and is bright but no neon. I would say this is a dupe for Le metier de beaute's Ken downing LE color in Kontagious Koral except a tinge less coral and a tinge more opaque. Overall, I like lollipop better on my skin as it's a bit redder, deeper, and opaque. It's a bit more goopey than LMdB but other than that the consistency is perfect. Very opaque in 2 coats with a very nice cream-jelly finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Lollipop is a beautiful super shiny red, it's sort of a retro red and when worn with the proper outfit and makeup it looks gorgeus.
It's a must have for all women who like red polishes.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by marryelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had this essie in the mini size and LOVED it! I eventually bought it in the full size and got it on sale because of a wonky brush. Nonetheless this polish is still amazing. The quality is just remarkable and the formula is very good. Its a very flattering red and a color I keep coming back to. It takes 2-3 coats to get the color but its worth it. The first coat dries dull so you need the second one to liven it up!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

GORGEOUS! I read reviews and most people said it looked red on them. On me it looks much more orange, which was what I was looking for. I would say it's a reddish-orange, leaning more toward orange. Looks fab on my NC35 olive skin. Love this color and the application was BA-NA-NAS! The brush is great, and the color goes on in nice even thin coats. Two coats got me the opacity I wanted. LOVE.