September 2, 2014 | 1755 users online

Powder - Boots - No. 7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to chime in with other reviewers on this one: the shades run way too dark. Shame, this product has such good potential for beating BE and other mineral foundations out there. Being an NC35, I thought shade #20 (Blonde) would work out for me, as I compared it to #15 and this was only slightly more pigmented. Nope, nope, nope. This makes me look like I overdid the self-tanner on my face only and leaves an ugly telltale line around my jawline. The lightest shade (!!) might have worked for me, but being that this has ZERO oil control, it's not worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I picked this up in New Ivory, because I'd waited a bit too long to reorder my BE and was out of foundation. This was the lightest shade at my Target and it was wayyyyy too dark for my fair, cool toned skin. I literally looked like someone had rubbed sparkly brown dirt on my face. This came with a small kabuki brush, but I found it a bit scratchy and not dense enough to really work well. The size is generous for the price of $13.99. I find that Boots foundations tend to run dark and a bit too yellow for my skintone. Also, the "illuminating" is basically just sparkles, and I'm not fond of sparkles on 38 yr old face. This was a fail product for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by fife30

I've been wanting to try mineral make ups for ages so decided to take the plunge with the No7 range. I have fair skin and even their palest colour made me look orange, plus it is very sparkley so not suitable for day time looks. I also found the coverage a little bare as if i tried to build the layers up I just looked like i'd overdone the fake tan. Not good!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by nataliaduffy

The brush it comes with is lovely but I have fair skin and I got the lightest color and it made me ORANGE. Do not buy if you have fair skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by yuki612

This is wayyyyy too glittery in my opinion... I don't mind little shimmers in foundation, but as soon as I put only 1 layer on my face, I look super sparkly! Also their color selection is so limited, even their lightest shade "New Ivory" on my light Asian skin is still a little too dark.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this online without trying it instore and trusted reviews on their website. I wish I hadn't! The shade I chose was 'Blonde' which is really quite dark even for a C4/C5 like me. I could tell as soon as I tried it on my hand that this would be a no-go as it was far too glittery.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thought I'd give this a try since the price was so reasonable. It looks really nice!. It gives a soft-focus, smooth look and I can't even feel I have it on. It doesn't sit in my pores..which is a deal breaker for me. I have neutral, sensitive skin with some red reactive places & it blends them in well. They only problem is the color choices..only four and the lightest (new Ivory) is just a tad too dark for me..but I think I can pull it off. I really like the ease of a mineral foundation..if you can find one that works. Update: I returned this..found it to have too many chemicals and I like Physician's Formula SPF 55 powder make-up better now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this product on the Boots website and was curious to try it. I normally prefer powder foundations to liquid and was having a tough time finding alternatives to my HG Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Powder Foundation in Ultralight which is expensive and the container is small. The Boots No. 7 mineral powder foundation comes in the standard screw top container with a sifter to dispense the product as well as a kabuki style brush in a black gauze and silk drawstring bag. I chose New Ivory as this is the lightest shade and they do appear darker than they go on. The powder is wonderfully light and you barely feel it on your skin. The brush that I got was very soft and buffs the powder on very well. I was able to cover minor imperfections, redness and a few old blemish marks very effectively with very little product. The powder gives a soft, satiny matte finish that makes your skin look luminous but not shiny and oily. The color seems to blend in well with my skin without making me look washed out or darker than my skin really is although I haven't tried it during the daytime for a couple of days to see if this really works without having the powder change color throughout the day. My skin, but better, is the look that I was after and that's what I got. It seems long-lasting with a minor touch up towards the end of the evening. It doesn't feel dry or tight or itch, like other mineral powders that I have tried such as BE, EDM, Raw Minerals, Sheer Cover, L'Oreal, Lauren Hutton and others. For reference, I have fair skin with slight yellow undertones, combination, redness prone skin with a tendency towards breakouts. The price is reasonable and I got it on sale at drugstore.com for a little over US$10.00. A beautiful look at a bargain price.

UPDATE: After trying this product for a few days during both the daytime and night time, I realize that it is too dark for my fair skin and I've returned this product to drugstore.com. I've revised my review and taken 4 lippies off because of the limited color choices and would not buy this again unless more options were available for my skintone. It's a shame because the consistency and finish is very nice but there are no real color choices for those on the lighter side of the color spectrum. Boots needs to add more colors!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No