April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Age Defying Spa Illuminator Bare Light

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really lovely touch. Whenever I see pictures of a person who looks radiant, it's always the subtle sheen on their cheeks that does it. And finally I can look like them! I really like color of Bare Light, because I didn't want to go too pink, and this looks right on my very fair skin. The brush attachment is awful, but I will try what others have suggested and pull out the bristles. So excited I found this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by italiagirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is sooo pretty! I apply it everywhere the sun would naturally hit- cheekbones, nose, and a bit on the chin and forehead. It makes me look so much more...alive. Looks completely natural too. I pulled the brush out with my fingers though, it didn't seem hygienic. So happy I got this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by scorpio3813

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yay!!! Skinlights is back!! I love this stuff! It's even the same scent as the old Skinlights and I adore it. HATE the brush, but tonight I'm getting my pliers out and doing as everyone suggests - ripping the brush off. I have the Bare Light and it gives my skin a nice shimmery glow. There are NO flecks of gold. If I ever find it d/c like some ladies here have, I'll be stocking up for the long haul. I wonder if some places are selling it as a d/c item because they're going to new packaging w/o the brush? I sure hope so!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ajaeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Bare Light and it's awesome. AWESOME. I mix it with lipsticks to use as blush, but I also use it to highlight where I need. Top with a little loose powder, and you're good to go!

Bare Light is less pinky than pink light, but be careful because for some skin tones it is still too pink. It's pretty creamy and if you're not careful you could end up using too much. The good thing about it is that you can kind of mete out how much you use, IF you pry the brush part off (thankfully, that is fairly easy). And it has an on/off switch so you don't end up with illuminator exploding all over your stuff. Yikes.

Like other illuminators, be careful how much and where you put it because unless your skin is that young, youthful, already-dewy-but-hell-lets-put-some-makeup-on-and-look-that-much-better, it will make you look sweaty and sparkly. Edward Cullen after rigorous exercise is not a good look for anyone (at least, not in my opinion).

Seriously though, go try it. It is awesome and the tube lasts forever and ever and ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kits4cat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I still LOVE this product! I have found I like the Pink Light mixed with a little bit of the Bare light. ///////////////////Yes!! Finally found the product that I LOVE! I have very severe melasma, so still on the hunt for HG foundation, but for now I am having the most success with Revlon Colorstay. The only problem, once you use that much concealer and foundation, you end up looking flat and dead! I am using the Bare Lights shade and the Pink Lights shade. I use the Bare light under my eyes and the Pink one for the rest of the areas I want to have a little "glow" this has made all the difference in the world! I also pulled the brush out with pliers, it was easy to remove. I use a concealer brush (my favorite is Ecotools) to apply and blend out lightly with my fingers. I keep seeing posts about people getting this on clearance, so I am going to have to stock up, in case it is being discontinued soon!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by GoCubsGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would definitely recommend this! Its color is a warm champagne that will work on most skintones. Since it is a thick liquid, blending is a breeze. It is not runny at all. Also, it leaves an iridescence, not a chunk of glitter. This will make your look appear much more natural and dewy. It has an SPF that is stable, and since you should apply highlighters to parts of the face where light would naturally hit more, it's like you are getting extra protection! It's also not expensive for the amount you get, and drugstores tend to have many sales going on, anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this highlighter. It's great for natural looks. I'm nc40 and it is very flattering, deposits no color, just a glow. I neglected it for a while because I hated the brush on it. It's wasteful and unhygenic imo. Someone on the m/u board said they were able to take the brush off w/o damaging the way the tube opened and closed so I gave it a try. All you have to do is pull/tug at the bristles and they'll come right off! The brush part is glued onto the tube in a strip, and comes off in one piece. Once the brush is off, there is just a little hole that the highlighter comes out of. Makes it great for controlling how much product you want, no waste at all. The tube will still close and open the same. I believe it's being dc'ed, cvs has them on clearance for 75% off. Def try it out before it's gone!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by smellsgood

Well this is your everyday run of the mill colorless shimmery highlight. I like the formula, but this does tend to fade pretty quickly so you will prob need to reapply. I like that its a squeez tube but i cannot for the life of me figure out why they put that brush at the end...it sucks and eats up all the product. I personally prefer the other colors of this highlight, but this is a good everyday highlight, just pat on with fingers the wonky brush will give you streaks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by nadie217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to use the old version and when it was discountinued I didn't know what I was going to do because Im not a make up person dont like foundation, but I had to dip and dab into alot of different products all this time up until maybe a week ago I didn't know Revlon came out with it in different form,, Im the happiest girl in the world..lol :) I use Gold/Light... I love this highly recommend it I now have large pores but it really doesn't show that much with this product like the old one did. Love it recommend it if you just want to get up and go. Its the same as the old one and I think that confused many women, but its better they made it with the brush cause it doesnt streak and you can apply it were you want. I perfer all over face It just gives me a sun kiss glow and just even. If you have acne scars i recommend using concealer first then the luminator. I use a regular moisturizer then a primer than the luminator lip gloss and im gone..!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by niferphoto

Love this! I was so sad when Revlon discontinued their skinlights line - and I'm happy to see it back in a new form. Even the scent is the same - which I loved btw. I'll buy until they discontinue this version. The best!

BTW - for those of you that wear blush (either powdered or cream) do you put this on top - or before? I'm so confused how to use both.