Turmeric Mask

4.5

Turmeric Powder

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I started using this stuff about a week ago. I was experiencing a really bad breakout from God knows what. I mixed up a mask that included turmeric and an equal part of the aztec healing clay that I have and I use apple cider vinegar to create the paste. Sometimes i may add a little but if coconut oil, which is my staple moisturizer, so that the mask won't be so drying. The turmeric has really helped clear the breakouts and preventing new ones so far. It helped heal the breakouts in double the time if I wasn't using any kind of mask. I also think the turmeric in combination with my black soap and coconut oil regimen has helped reduce the amount of scaring I get from breakouts. So far so good and it will remain a staple product for me from here on out. Sometimes i even mix my turmeric with my liquid black soap to get an extra affect. It doesn't stain me too bad and I've also noticed a great glow.

on 11/16/2014 2:34:00 AM

my skin is so much nicer! it seems to glow and just looks a lot healthier.
so cheap and simple

on 11/12/2014 3:24:00 PM

First of all, I know many reviewers are complaining about the yellow staining of Turmeric. This tells me that some users have not done the proper research, & are using FOOD GRADE Turmeric.

For COSMETIC use, you need "Curcuma Aromatica". It will not "stain" your face. It will easily wash off. The staining typically occurs from using typical Food Grade Turmeric, which often has added dye for a more vibrant color!!

When using Curcuma Aromatica, you will have great results healing your skin of acne, improving skin tone & luminosity, I promise!!! You only need a very small amount for each mask, and at $12 for 1/2lb bag on amazon, it's extremely affordable, and an excellent value since it's so effective. You can find many great masks recipes online, but do your research :).

ALSO - turmeric is an awesome teeth whitener! Just make a paste with the turmeric & some water, brush teeth for about 2 minutes, swish mouth water until it runs clear, and you will be amazed!

on 11/5/2014 12:33:00 AM

I mix turmeric powder with raw honey (since I am not allergic) and use it as a mask for about an hour a day for breakouts until my skin is clear. For me it has worked better than any over the counter topical acne product. The honey counters any drying effects of using it plain or only with milk (washing with plain turmeric would be too irritating for my sensitive skin). Raw honey is antibacterial and a natural moisturizer so it enhances the benefits of turmeric plus it helps the turmeric from caking or flaking off your face. I use a witch hazel toner and cotton makeup remover pads to wipe away the yellow staining which is actually just residue.

It's easy to gently wipe off the stain that's left after washing with cleanser. Use a good non alcohol toner and cotton pads (although I am very pale so it takes two cotton cleansing pads soaked in toner). If you don't exfoliate regularly you may stain more and need more toner because the yellow pigment grabs onto the dead skin cells, but otherwise it should not be a problem. Wear clothes you don't care about because it's much harder to wash out of fabric if at all.

Compared to how much commercial/prescription skin care costs, it's a godsend recipe for your wallet without side effects unless you are allergic to raw honey or turmeric. If you don't have acne, this mask still brightens, smooths, minimizes pores and evens out your skin.

on 11/2/2014 2:46:00 PM

For about a month now I have really struggled with my skin- I have had consistent breakouts around my mouth area, cheeks and forehead. After trying countless shop bought products to try bring my skin under control and instead facing more problems such as redness, dry skin ect, I decided to turn to the more natural side of skincare, hence the wonderful turmeric mask.

Here is the recipe I used-

1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (mine was shop bought however organic is best)
2 teaspoon of pure honey (again, shop bought)
1 teaspoon of sugar
splash of lemon juice

I applied the paste to my face and left for around 20 minutes, and when I washed it off my skin was as glowy as ever. I did have a little bit of staining, however this was easily dealt with by cleansing my face straight after with my cleanser. The turmeric and honey have natural anti bacterial properties which is great for those who experience break outs or clogged pores. After my first time using this mask my spots where significantly reduced and were dried out which really made me happy! The sugar is a natural exfoliant which works alongside the lemon juice which is a natural acid to help slough away dead skin cells (gently) and also reduce any pigmentation and scarring you may have on your skin.

Overall my experience with this mask so far has been pleasant. I will update in a few weeks time to comment on whether or not this has helped with any scarring and also any further improvement in my skin. Enjoy!!

on 10/31/2014 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't tried it yet, but for those of you that had worse acne or bad irritation as a result, you may be allergic. I'm going to do a test on my arm to see if I am allergic to it first before putting it ALL over my face. This is a strong suggestion for those who have never tried it either!!!

on 10/27/2014 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just can't get past how this stains my skin yellow, and it was pretty drying too, not a fan.

on 10/27/2014 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on the fence with this. I've used this enough to write a review, so here it goes. It seems to me that when the vast majority of people have great results with a product, I don't. Maybe I need to give it a few more tries, but as of yet, I'm not loving it.

I've used this as both a spot treatment and a mask. I don't typically mix it with anything other than water, less is more for my skin. That being said, I usually leave it on anywhere between 15 minutes to half an hour.

It's a bit** getting this stuff off. Even rinsing thoroughly, I'm still left with a yellow tinge to my skin. I'm as pale as they come, but this just annoyed me. That's a big negative for me.

The only difference I had after using this, was that my skin felt smoother. That didn't last too long. As far as that glow everyone is talking about, it sure didn't happen for me.

I'm thinking about mixing this with some tea and honey to see if I benefit from taking it internally. I'm sure I'll try using this on my skin again just to see if I have better results.

on 10/26/2014 4:54:00 PM

Review and just a comment - I'm certain it works great topically but if you take turmeric, raw honey and cocoanut oil and mix in a cup in equal parts than take a teaspoon and eat it everyday you will have clearer softer skin and an anti-inflammatory all rolled up into one! (Unless you're allergic that is :)
I started taking this mixture because of joint pain - the by product is great skin!
Took 2 weeks to see and feel changes -

on 10/19/2014 7:40:00 PM

i have been mixing turmeric with a little honey and milk and applying it to my face a couple times a week (i use all organic, I think it is more pure than non organic). I've been doing this for about a year, and every time i rinse my face my skin feels SO smooth! The only con is that turmeric can stain anything, so you have to be careful. I use the clarisonic when i wash my face after, so that removes the yellow tone on my skin. Then i apply a moisturizer. i absolutely LOVE this mask, and it's helped me out with acne, scarring from past acne, and adding a nice glow to skin. Highly recommend!

Popular Face Skincare Products

Turmeric Mask
Fix+
Rosehip Seed Oil
Rosehip Oil
Unblemish
Grapeseed Oil

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to get clear skin, remove acne, and dark circles by farahdhukai

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products