BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

on 12/7/2014 5:01:00 PM

I bought this since my HG primer (Two Faced Shadow Insurance) started giving me a rash on my lids. (Luckily I was later to return to using TFSI with no ill effects). This works ok but not great. Hate the applicator, doesn't go on too smoothly. It is better than no primer but I still get creases on my eyeshadow after a few hours. I do feel it is gentler on the skin, so if you have sensitive skin, it is worth trying to see how it works for you, esp since I see Amazon now has trial sizes.

on 11/30/2014 7:29:00 PM

This is another product that was recommended to me on a vacation after staying up all night and not liking what I saw in the mirror the next morning. I don't wear mascara very often but I really needed to do something as I looked so bad. At any rate as I grabbed my mascara I made the comment that I don't wear it often because I really hate the smudges it leaves on my eye lids, it never fails no matter what mascara I try within an hour or so here come the smudges. So my dd applied the Stay Don't Stray on my eyelids and told me that should stop the smudges...and it really did. All day into the night and no mascara smudges at all. I'll admit I went into a mild panic after she applied it as I do have so many issues with my eyes which is one of the reasons I seldom wear any eye makeup. Happily no issues, no watering, no dry patches, no itchy eyes, nothing! I did purchase the product after I returned home and have used it several times with no troubles at all. I believe it's over priced for the amount of product you get but hey it works on my problematic eyes so I won't complain to loud. Adding this product is a tube with wand applicator.

on 11/16/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Why on earth would I use an eyeshadow primer that CREASES? I am so glad I got a sample and did not pay $$ for this. Super disappointed :(

on 10/24/2014 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

See below for quick pros and cons.

This is the primer that needs its own primer to work...its like a tiny expensive foundation for the eyes that comes in just one color.

If you have oily lids that need a bullet proof product try Lime-Crime Eyeshadow Helper Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer - expensive but worth it as you only need the tiniest dot. Lorac is also good and NARS pretty close. The only affordable option I would recommend trying (I've seen on reviews consistently works for most people on oily lids ) is Milani which is supposed to be the best of affordable....I haven't tried it yet but it has a good rating here on MUA.

PROS:
Pigmented so it covers veins and pigmentation, can be used to cover dark circles as an undereye concealer if are the right shade

CONS:
Does not actually work as a primer on oily lids, eyeshadow still smudges off
Very dying under the eyes, looks dry and highlights crepeyness you never noticed before
Very dry looking on top of the lids, makes eyeshadows look flaky
Thick and hard to blend
Only one shade - too dark for fair skin
Oxidises brownish orange on my oily skin
Itches my sensitive eyelids

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Well, this worked to keep my eyeshadow in place, but it gave me zits. On my eyelids. Yeah, that was ~so~ attractive and painless! In opposite world, maybe. Instead I had big pimpes that made it difficult to open my eyes all the way. 0/10 would not eye zit again.

on 9/12/2014 5:56:00 PM

Absolutely hate this. It creases almost instantly and oxidises like crazy

on 8/20/2014 2:19:00 PM

I got this in a set from ulta in the pump form. It doesn't work as a shadow primer because shadows still crease and it is very drying as an u under eye primer. The pump dispenses too much also. Mine went bad very quickly and it has completely changed color and separated after about 6 months that i have had it and did not use as it was useless. Maybe they repackage old products and sell them at a discounted price. Not good either way.

on 8/15/2014 12:51:00 PM

This primer just isn't very good :( it creases and smudges my eye shadow and doesn't last very long, plus it's IMPOSSIBLE to apply effectively, you need about a third of one pump for both eyes so it's very wasteful and when it's as expensive as it is this isn't a good thing!

on 7/24/2014 3:54:00 PM

Nope, didn't work, not even a little bit. I even tried it with a foundation sandwich. Nadda, my shadow was gone within a couple of hours and what little remained had traveled to my eyelash line.

on 6/20/2014 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Was excited to try this after the sale girl at ulta told me she can't live without it. I'm very disappointed with it. I do like it when I first apply it but within 30 min my shadow still creases and smudges. I live in ca and it's been very hot and humid and it's showing more and more how unhelpful this primer is. I'm going to try a different brand

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products