BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

on 2/20/2015 8:50:00 PM

I was on the market for a nude/flesh colored primer, that would keep my shadows crease-free for a long while. This is definitely NOT it! The shadows (both high-end - UD, tarte, Dior, Estee Lauder, & Too Faced - and drugstore) only last for 4-6 hours before starting to fade and crease. The price is about the same that you would pay for other high-end primers. The only nice thing is the doe-foot applicator. I bought this at Ulta because the sales lady recommended it as her favorite primer. I should have definitely taken it back, but I feel bad about returning products that I have used.

on 2/12/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I hated this. I have two things to say. Only very pale people can use this because of it's color and... it creased in on itself. Forget about eyeshadow... need I say more? It's awful. The $1 E.L.F. Essentials is miles better and a fraction of the price. Do not recommend.

on 1/24/2015 9:52:00 PM

I like this product because it works well at preventing my eye shadows and concealers from creasing and fading. I like the packaging and doefoot applicator and I think the coverage is great (hides the dark pigmentation on my lids) It also doesn't dry out my sensitive eye area and I love how it can be used as a concealer and eye shadow primer.
However, my friends with oilier eye lids find that this creases a lot for them. I find it doesn't intensify the pigments of my eye shadows and is very expensive. I personally find the elf eye lid primer comparable but that doesn't prime under the eyes for concealers. It's quite thick but I like the consistency. I don't like the smell but that faded fairly fast.
I personally love this product as it works really well for me. I would get a sample size to try this out before purchasing large size considering the price and the wide range of reactions to it.

on 1/8/2015 3:35:00 AM

After loving UDPP so much (my first eye primer) I thought branching out would be a good idea. This was the wrong direction to branch in!! Biggest problem - it simply doesn't work for keeping on shadows. I'm using good quality shadows and they're gone when I leave work - UDPP amazed me that it looked as pigmented and rich as when I left home. Ultimately this thing has one job, and it fails at it. Also - a doefoot applicator, really?? What bright spark had that idea? I know it's not just for eyes, but Christ, I always end up with too much and messy spreading. Summary: expensive ineffective product, would not purchase again.

on 1/6/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As always, Benefit have pretty packaging and cute names, so that's not new, but I like them a lot :)

With that said, this is an ok primer. To me, it's too dry and hard to blend to make a good primer and I don't feel that my eyeshadow look more intense with it, as it always look with other primer. For concealer, I think it does an ok job but I prefer to set it with some powder.

I will not purchase a full size of this product.

on 12/30/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have always liked Benefit in general, so I was very disappointed in this primer. It creases… BAD! I will stick to Urban Decay primer potion or the Fergie Wet and Wild one. The only pro is that the packaging is very nice. I like the pump rather than the tube. But, when the product doesn't work it doesn't much matter!

on 12/13/2014 11:52:00 AM

Even though this has a lot of bad reviews, it is my all time favorite eye primer. I used to use urban decay primer potion, but then I tried this and I loved it way more. It makes my eyeshadow last all day!

on 12/7/2014 5:01:00 PM

I bought this since my HG primer (Two Faced Shadow Insurance) started giving me a rash on my lids. (Luckily I was later to return to using TFSI with no ill effects). This works ok but not great. Hate the applicator, doesn't go on too smoothly. It is better than no primer but I still get creases on my eyeshadow after a few hours. I do feel it is gentler on the skin, so if you have sensitive skin, it is worth trying to see how it works for you, esp since I see Amazon now has trial sizes.

on 11/30/2014 7:29:00 PM

This is another product that was recommended to me on a vacation after staying up all night and not liking what I saw in the mirror the next morning. I don't wear mascara very often but I really needed to do something as I looked so bad. At any rate as I grabbed my mascara I made the comment that I don't wear it often because I really hate the smudges it leaves on my eye lids, it never fails no matter what mascara I try within an hour or so here come the smudges. So my dd applied the Stay Don't Stray on my eyelids and told me that should stop the smudges...and it really did. All day into the night and no mascara smudges at all. I'll admit I went into a mild panic after she applied it as I do have so many issues with my eyes which is one of the reasons I seldom wear any eye makeup. Happily no issues, no watering, no dry patches, no itchy eyes, nothing! I did purchase the product after I returned home and have used it several times with no troubles at all. I believe it's over priced for the amount of product you get but hey it works on my problematic eyes so I won't complain to loud. Adding this product is a tube with wand applicator.

on 11/16/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Why on earth would I use an eyeshadow primer that CREASES? I am so glad I got a sample and did not pay $$ for this. Super disappointed :(

Video Reviews & Tutorials