September 30, 2014 | 1809 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by chadias

This was my first eyelid primer and though it doesn't work very well for shadows, it helped me cover my undereye circles pretty well! I use UD's primer potion in Eden nowadays, but I'm considering repurchansing this for daily use, as the UD one is more suited for special occasions because of the matte finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ninaribena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this as part of a set, I can't remember the name but it was the concealer one.
Within 3 months this split, and I mean seriously split, could not blend it back together split. I'd pump some out and it was like a little thick creamy turd of concealer sitting in an oil slick. Even before this split it was hard to work with and too thick to blend out nicely.
I would not buy this again, luckily I didn't buy the stand alone full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only clicked "Yes, I would buy this again" because there isn't a "eh, maybe" option. I don't hate this product (I do hate most Benefit products, though..) but it's not spectacular. I noticed my eyeshadow (from the Naked Basics palette) had kind of migrated upwards in places after half a day which was alarming, but, the saving grace this product has for me is that when I use it as an under eye primer, it also conceals my dark circles a LOT just on it's own. I then Beauty Blend my MAC concealer under my eyes and it's almost like I don't have two small children who take turns keeping me awake at night.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really should have known.
Despite reading many mixed reviews on this product, I came across it in the drugstore and made a last-minute decision to purchase. There is something about the Benefit displays that suck me in, even though I should know better by now.

At $30 CAN a pop, it was an expensive mistake to make.
To clarify, what I was looking for was a tinted primer that would help correct the discolourations in my eye area (being very fair means a lot of dark circles and veins, in my case), while also keeping my oily lids under control.

While this primer certainly was tinted, that is where the good part of my review ends, sadly. "Stay Don't Stray" didn't last more than 4 hours on my lids without creasing-- both above and below the lid.

I will finish the tube and try to make the best of things, but I certainly won't be repurchasing this primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by daphneegreengrass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first (and probably last) Benefit product. I had never tried this brand previously because it's so damned expensive but when I was at Sephora, I wanted to get my first eye primer and wasn't sure what to pick. I naturally went toward the UDPP but a Sephora lady advised me to try this.
The Stay Don't Stray Light shade was a litte too dark for me but I could deal by blending well (what's the point of making a primer that also serves as a concealer/concealer primer but without proposing enough shades to satisfy a wide number of people?!). Unfortunately, after 20min, it had oxydized orange brown and made me look riduclous. The eyeshadow I had put there had creased worse than if I had put nothing there. The texture is thick, uncomfortable and it made my eyelids itch and hurt in spite of my skin not being sensitive. I do not recommend this product at all, I threw 25 out of the window.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Boha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was useless. It creased within 2 hours. And not just slightly. It was a mess. By lunch, it looked like there wasn't even eyes hadow on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Crease city! This is a crap product. My eyeshadow creased within 2 hours. Goes on smooth and mattifies the eye but the staying power is horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by aarendt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did some research on primer's and decided on this brand as i have a few of their other products. I wouldn say that the eye shadow lasts for around 10-12hrs. I don't get creases which is great! The picture on here is an older version of the packaging. Some stores still have the pump. If you get it from Sephora you can get the tube with a stick to make applying easier and less waste. Overall I love this product and would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Mathildish

I mix a bit of this with a tiny bit of high-beam, dab it under my eyes, and it makes a perfect eye-brightening concealer! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Ikvira

I received this as a gift and it works very well for me, but the packaging sucks. It's sanitary but i would rather have it in a jar or squeeze bottle/ tube because when i attempted to use it the first time the product had already separated!!! I was very confused and wondered if i had gotten a bad batch. To salvage it i put it in a little travel sized jar and mixed it till it was even. It still works the way it should. Overall it works well but not worth it if it happens again, maybe i'll give it another shot next time...