Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

on 2/19/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So, I loved Diorshow and Iconic and usually paired them to get volume and length, and then metal eyelash combed between coats.

Extase replaces all of these steps! I love it! No need for an eyelash comb even. This is literally the first mascara I've ever used that does that. It's non-clumpy, volumizing, lengthening, blackening, and non-drying or spidery. Perfect!!!

However, it is complicated to work with, and for that I deduct a star. First, it is goopy - I end up trying to get most of it off on the edge of the tube and then I wipe it thoroughly with a tissue, so the wand barely has product on it. It then goes on perfectly. It's wasteful, but I don't use mascara every day and for the perfection of my lashes, to me it's worth it.

Next, it is wet, and takes a bit to dry. When I do a full face, I spray MAC Fix+ over my face. Have to put Extase on after I do that because it gets even wetter and smudges if I spray after mascara application. In spite of all this I will buy buy buy again.

on 2/19/2014 1:18:00 AM

I have been using this consistently now for about 3 years and have to say that hands down this is THE best mascara EVER!!! It's a bit pricey but well worth it. It plumps my lashes with few to no lumps and wears well throughout the day - even with my oily skin. Also, it washes off well with my regular facial soap. Only when I layer it heavily do I feel that I needed a makeup remover to totally remove it. This truly is my HG mascara and hopefully this will never get discontinued!

on 2/11/2014 7:20:00 PM

I really like this mascara. Previously I have only ever used drugstore mascaras and I did notice a difference with this one. However I'm not sure it lives up to the 30ish dollars it costs.
This mascara does not clump, flake, or wear out through the day.
It is soft to the touch, no crunchy lashes!
It makes my lashes look double the length that they really are. I just wish it was in the $20-25 range.

UPDATE Nov. 11/14.
I bought this product in early Feb of this year and I am STILL using the same tube! I use it almost every day and it has not run out. I did add a few drops of water to it about 4 months ago because it was getting a little dry. Now it is good as new!
So as far as the price goes - its worth it! Its lasted 8 months and still going strong.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's okay.. comparable to drug store mascaras. I curl my lashes with shisheido's eyelash curler from sephora and then apply a coat of this on. It's relatively clumpy and super black. The Tiered Brush is way too big to do a good job on it's application. The original Diorshow volumizes and lengthens and made my eyelashes super light and fluttery. The extase formula is clumpy and heavy. I don't really care for it.

on 11/13/2013 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I received a deluxe sample of this from sephora. I have tried to like it, but I just can't. First of all, this doesn't plump my lashes at all or add volume. It just makes them longer, but it's really barely noticeable that I'm even wearing mascara. The brush really is too huge in my opinion. The formula is very dry and clumpy. I think it has too many fibers in it. All these fiber clumps show up everywhere, I'm pretty good at applying mascara so it doesn't take a lot for me to make it work, but I couldn't make this work for me. None of the cheapy drugstore mascaras I have bought have ever clumped like this, so for such an expensive mascara, this is unacceptable. I feel like this is what I would expect if I bought an expired dried out mascara out of a clearance bin for $1.

There were two pros, one was that it didn't weigh down my lashes (probably because it didn't add volume), and the other was that it was pretty easy to wash off.

on 11/8/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Adds tons of volume, Dior mascaras are the best. I was a dior show girl before I tried this one, in love.

on 10/10/2013 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The worse mascara I've ever tried... and the most expensive. Clumpy and lumpy to the point that If I apply it I have to quickly brush my eyelashes with my cheaper mascara to avoid tragic eyelashes...I would like my money back Dior...

on 9/14/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was $39 CAD. I felt compelled to write this review because I specifically needed a very voluminous mascara that did not transfer between my lid and brows, and it did. I wanted this to work for me as I love the brush and the formula, but within two hours, there was a large black arc of mascara on my brow bone. I use a great deal of mascara at a time, which may contribute to my transfer problem. This may not be an issue if you do not have long lashes, but this was unusable for me.

on 8/19/2013 10:42:00 AM

I was not sure about buying this or the Dior Iconic mascara because I wanted length, volume, curl, drama *surely I am not asking for too much here (grins)* and so I went with the Extase but purchased the Dior Maximizer lash serum/primer with it. Together the two products look fabulous and the actual mascara containers are very nice. They were very expensive but it is Christian Dior and a HE MU brand so I suppose that was to be expected. £23 GBP for the Extase and £23 GBP for the Maximizer. After I applied the Maximizer the Extase gave volume and SERIOUS length BUT I did have some clumping, which was annoying. However, this was nothing that the Tweezerman lash comb could not sort out. A good mascara trick is to wriggle the mascara wand up through the lashes rather than coat it on the lashes, and this can help prevent clumping. I am happy with my purchase and it is a great mascara but the only reason I would not purchase it again is simply because I like to try new cosmetics each time something runs out.

on 7/7/2013 4:02:00 PM

I was wearing this when i met my boyfriend and now he says that the main thing that he remembered was how great my lashes looked :) I like the wet formula.Ive tried a lot of high end masceras and this is mine and my boyfriend's fave.