NARS Shrinagar

4.7

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

As with all the NARS sheers, Shrinagar is a pleasant surprise from how it wears compared to the color in the tube. This is an easy to wear and office-friendly fuchsia. It's a nice pop of color with neutral or brown eye makeup looks. Pick this one up!

on 10/29/2011 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bough this lipstick thanks to Mac789's review below--I believe she's my lipstick twin. Anyway, this is a gorgeous raspberry-more-on-the-plummy-side with extremely subtle gold shimmer that just lights up my face. One coat gives an MLBB finish, but it can easily be intensified for a deeper berry shade. This will be a year-'round lipstick for me--it's versatile enough not to be confined to fall/winter wear. I think NARS has improved his sheer lipstick formula. I used to find it a bit drying, but don't have that problem with this shade at all. I'm very pleased and will repurchase.

on 7/23/2011 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lovely my-lips-but-better colour, this mauve rose has a beautiful subtle shimmer. It brightens my face and brings out a natural beauty, especially combined with flushed cheeks (like in winter!). It is a little bit pink though so doesn't make your teeth look whiter. Pretty good staying power (I don't need to reapply during the day), however maybe not as moisturising as say the satin lippies. Definite keeper.

on 7/13/2011 11:39:00 AM

First time buying a NARS lipstick. I bought it at our new Sephora without trying it first and love it. It does look a little purple-ish in the tube, but it pretty sheer. Goes well with my skin tone. I think it's my new fav. A little pricey though, but a good buy.

on 3/9/2011 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I never thought to try Shrinagar until a NARS artist used it on me -- while it looks purple in the tube, it is surprisingly rosy on the lips. It can be layered for a deeper, more dramatic shade, but one coat leaves a very pretty, sheer rosy plum tint. It is definitely a cooler color. I wear this to work all the time -- it quickly became one of my favorites.

on 12/10/2010 2:16:00 PM

Love the color. Goes great with MAC mulch eyeshadow and a peach cheek. LOVE it and alternate between this and Love Devotion.

on 10/27/2010 8:33:00 PM

I love, love, LOVE this lipstick! It's the perfect sheer plum on me. With a light hand, it almost looks like the color of my lips but better. It definitely doesn't come out dark like it looks in the tube. NARS really knows how to make lipsticks and this one will always been in my makeup stash forever.

on 9/3/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Very pretty berry/pink color; I have this, Afghan Red, and Fast Ride because I couldn't decide on which one to buy. They are all pretty close, but this one is the pinkest. It's still pretty sheer and is like a deeper, more pigmented and buildable version of Stila's Natalie (which is gone!). Built up it's gets pinker and pinker, while one swipe is a soft berry stain with reasonable staying power. Don't be scared by the glitter chunks either, they aren't noticeable at all.

on 8/19/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This lipstick is absolutely STUNNING - It looks amazing with Sin Blush and with plum, purle and grey shades on the eyes. It is definitely a 'cool' colour - i'd descibe it as a raspberry-violet shade with a blue undertone - its almost like a sheer subdued fuchsia shade without screaming 'hot pink' - its a more naural, wearable fuchsia if that makes any sense! I will be repurchasing this for sure!!!!!!!

on 4/15/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

oh my NARS lippie addiction got to me last year.

I bought Fast Ride and thought at first it was a dud - a dupe of so many other purple/berry sheer lipsticks.. but it was not.

Same with Shrinigar -- I had it pegged for my fall/winter looks.. until a few days ago I was trying out some peachy brown shades on the apples of the cheeks accented with a bit of bright pink (eyes pastel lilac/purple/green)... and then I decided to use this color again. And it was gorgeous.

this is an amazing color because it is a chameleon and will work with many different color schemes..

will always repurchase but will always hate the NARS packaging.

Recommended for Medium Skin