July 23, 2014 | 2078 users online

Moisturizers - Decleor - Aromessence Rose D'Orient Night Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've come to the conclusion that my skin hates the Decleor range of sensitive skincare. I thought Paula Begoun was talking clap-trap when she warned that natural isn't always better. I tried the oil, the day cream and this balm separately to gauge my skin's reaction to each of them and it was all a disaster. Like the day cream, this made my skin rough and red. I tried this balm in teeny tiny amounts and my skin stayed inflamed. The essential oils in this product obviously does not agree with me, as I've heard that my symptoms are a typical reaction to a mix of essential oils it obviously hates. I'm glad this balm works for most of the reviewers though. Guess it's just awful luck on my part! Like the oil and day cream, I'm going to give it to my mom.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I will start off this review by saying that i was not a fan of Decleor or Darphin skincare prior to trying this! Its not that i thought they were bad but since they are not readily available to me I passed on purchasing, fearing that i will end up with yet another item i have to hunt down (Chantecaille i am looking at you!). My plan was foiled by an innocent Christmas gift from a dear friend who obsesses over skincare almost as much as i do :) Upon opening the jar, the first thing i noticed was the lovely scent that immidietly stood out as very natural (nothing artificial here) and uber relaxing! My excitement was broken as soon as i touched the cream surface - it felt kind of greasy and almost grainy on my fingers. Texture is very important to me when it comes to skincare - i dont like anything heavy, greasy, filmy and "silikony". In fact if the texture is not to my liking, chances are that no matter how good a product is I will eventually stop using it once the novelty wears off. The disappointment over the night balm was evident but thankfully short-lived :) Once i allowed it to melt in my hand, I patted it on all over my face and gently rubbed it in (all the while enjoying the scent). It absorbed fairly quickly and after 10 minutes it was undetectable on my face even though my skin felt so moisturized and plumped. Even though my skin is mostly combination I have some dry patches on my cheeks and lip area - this balm takes care of that every single time and even better most nights i am able to skip the additional night cream! In the morning i wake up with fresh, glowy and CALM skin - no blotches, grease or puffiness!
The full size jar is huge and will last a very long time (at least a year!) since all you need is a tiny bit to cover your fingers. The sample tubes are also very convenient to those of us who dont like the possibility of contamination but a spatula can solve that problem easily. Decleor does recommend the oil and balm to be layered each night but i almost feel that would be too much...however i already ordered a bottle so the jury is still out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by talidinah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have made my acquaintance with decleor in a facial. Back then, I didn't have the money to buy any of the products and I only used high street brands. But the woman who made the facial gave me a few small trial tubes of decleor products and I have to say, since that day I am hooked. No other brand has EVER done to my skin what decleor does. First and foremost the rose night balm. Now that my financial situation is somewhat relaxed, I use the night balm after having cleansed my face with the decleor cleansing milk and the toner. I put it on my face when the skin is still slightly wet from the decleor toner, and this is just the perfect combination. It glides on my skin. In the morning, my skin is plump, feels soft and just glows. I had people asking me what I did to my skin now that it looked so well. I really couldn't believe it!!
Just be careful not to take too much of the rose balm, a pea size is just enough. When your face feels oily and sticky, you have used too much of it. That's why I think the price is reasonable, a little really goes a long way. I actually order the salon size on ebay, and these 100 ml will really last forever.
So, as a conclusion: I adore decleor, but the best best best product ever is the rose night balm. I will be using this for the rest of my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by denvergal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

After years of struggling with what I deemed to be acne, I finally came to the realization that I had rosacea. My skin is extremely dry, sensitive and prone to breaking out in rosacea pustules whenever the wind blows. I've really struggled to find products that combat new eruptions and soothe the skin. Through trial and error, I'm closer to a good regimen. I added this balm in approximately 3 weeks ago and it has made the world of a difference. It stops new spots in their tracks and I'm pleased to report that I really haven't had any new issues. This is surprising, considering the hundreds of dollars I've spent on drugstore and high end products that had the science to back up their claims but ruined my face. I also think that it improves the efficacy of other products. I recommend trying this (preferably from a store that has a good return policy, I've been burned before) if you suffer from rosacea or extremely dry skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by bloom290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this balm. I use it as my regular moisturizer, applied at night. During the warmer months, one application is enough; in the winter, I usually apply it once in the morning and once at night. It also works exceptionally well if used as a primer before makeup--allow it to sink in for about 30 minutes before. The redness-minimizing, soothing qualities will be at their peak, and your skin will be such a smooth, lovely canvas.

I have somewhat sensitive skin that is also very dry. It can tolerate glycolic acid in many products, but then the most harmless herbs will cause an itchy rash of bumps. Because my skin is so reactive and so unpredictable, I never know what to expect when I try a product.

I read that this worked well for dry, sensitive skin that is prone to redness. That describes my skin exactly, and the balm has worked perfectly. I continually try new moisturizers, only because of a fascination with beauty products, and yet no matter what I try, I always return to this balm. When I see the dramatic difference it makes on my skin, I wonder why I was so curious about other moisturizers. I recently went back to the balm after using other creams for a month, and I had a few cystic blemishes due to a reaction to a new hair conditioner. Immediately after beginning the balm, the cystic spots (which were still beneath the skin) began to fade. My skin is soft, milky and clear as long as I use this balm. I suggest giving it a try if you have problematic skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lilianrubyrose

I started using this when I read reviews on MUA that this balm has soothing agents for irritable skin.

I did find initially that the balm was effective for soothing my eczema but after prolonged use, I found I was getting milia as well as little itchy bumps on my jawline. The day I stopped using it, my bumps disappeared.

Overall, there is nothing really to dislike about this balm - it moisturises and makes your skin glow and look dewy. However, maybe my sensitive skin is to blame.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ended up with this balm purely by chance, it wasn't what I was intending to buy at all but I'm so thrilled with my purchase.
This product is so very lovely, I never really classed decleor as my kind of brand and I only happened to go to their counter because I'd been everywhere else. I listened to the lady tell me all about how it was good because it was natural and all the while I could hear Paula Begoun in my subconscious saying "no no it's full of irritants" - I decided to buy because I liked the look of the product and the smell and I am so glad I did.
The SA was very informative, she explained what the different types of balms did, she recommended this one for me because I said my skin was sensitive. I've been using this balm a week now, I've noticed that it's killed some blemishes which is a very surprising effect, I did read Begouns review of this product after I bought it and I was right about what her view of this line was - but y'know what, I sort of figure that they must be doing SOMETHING right to have pleased finnicky me and a lot of other picky MUAers - we ladies expect the best!! This balm is different from anything else I've seen on the market except for Darphin doing some of the same sort of thing - the smell of this product is SO relaxing, it really does make me take time over myself when I'm massaging it into my face at night, so much nicer than clinical type products that become a chore to use or that you just don't appreciate. I purchased the decleor cream cleanser on ebay soon after and I really love that as well. This line could just be a winner for me, I have glowy skin because of this balm, I really love it. I would recommend!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by michylou81

This product is fantastic. I am prone to painful under the skin acne cysts on my chin which are sore, red, and embarrassing. I bought this after reading reviews and was quite cynical but it really really helps! If caught early enough, using this means the cysts don't grow and erupt but reduce and fade quickly. It helps with any other smaller spots too - just makes the recovery time so fast! You only need a tiny wee bit and so although expensive it lasts. I will continue to use this as I haven't found anything else that helps my skin recover from cysts so quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by lizziekg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Doesn't clog my pores at all - surprising given the rich texture. Smells fantastic (not flowery, just clean and botanical). In winter I use it every night, and in summer every few nights (only because I like trying other night treatments in summer sometimes). I really, really like how I wake up with just.good.skin. after using this. My skin feels moisturized and simply well-cared for. I also like using it after any kind of exfoliating or harsh treatment - I feel like it's my skin's comfort blanket! Kind of makes everything happy again... if that makes sense.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ambre76

Interesting product to try on combination, sensitive skin. I'm always drawn to 100% natural products, but rarely bold enough to buy these with those different oils and waxes. Bought in mini size to fulfill my curiosity. First impression wasn't good, because of the smell and heavy texture. Result in the morning were much happier, my skin was glowing and plump. Not at all shining or oily. Now I'm using this occasionally as treatment.
Also this stuff works great as spot treatment on painful cysts under skin, applied this at night and the cysts were much less prominent on morning.
Recommended.