August 27, 2014 | 2004 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Maddy136

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so pleasntly suprised with this product, I had run out of my NYX HD eyeshadow primer (not the best) and was looking for a similarly priced product but with better colour pay off. This was definitely it. I thought the skin tone colour at first would be a bit off but blended out to be near invisible while covering my veins in my eye lid. It was more of a powdery finish which makes it much easier to blend eyeshadows with and would even be great by itself if you have oily lids. A lot goes along way with this product and is silky to touch. I'm not a big fan of the packaging but the product is to good to worry about it. This is definitely my go to primer from now on!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover1018

i was not impressed. I do like to use this as a concealer in some of my blemish areas and top it off with a powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by onoriki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to try this as a lot of my fave you-tubers' use it. However, I wasn't that impressed. Maybe I didn't use it right, but it left me looking like a creasey mess.. not good. I only used it for the first time last night for a function so I can't say much except my first experience was not the best. I used my ELF eyelid primer and then this on top,before my shadow, during the function I was involved in I didn't have a chance to look in the mirror the whole night, so I was quite dissapointed when i finally. I didnt really notice a difference in the colour's of my eye-shadow either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the first base I've tried. I have primers, UDPP and elf, but no base. I normally use NYX's jumbo eye pencil in Milk for my base but wanted to give this a shot since it was on sale @ ULTA. Overall, I really like it. I have an elf palette that I'd given up on because the pigmentation of the shadows was so poor, even with UDPP. Well, I decided to give the palette another shot but this time using the base over UDPP - WOW! Such a huge difference. The colors were richer, more pigmented, and stayed on with no creasing. I have oily eyelids, so I was expecting this base to crease but thankfully, that did not happen.

My only complaint is the packaging. I can only fit my index or pinky finger in the jar, which is not cool. MAC's Paint Pots are similarly packaged but the mouth of the jar is wider and the product comes up to the top of the jar, making it easier for the user.

Other than that, I'm sold. I can see this lasting a long time but I'd definitely repurchase when the time comes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by jesstrixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised to read all the negative reviews about this product. I bought it on a whim a few months ago, because it was cheap and I wanted to try it out. Since then I've used it probably every day and I'm pretty happy with it. Sometimes it will crease, yes, but it's nothing that can't be easily touched up. I suppose with oiler eyelids this could be a problem though. For someone like me, though, whose eyelids aren't too oily, I think it's a very decent eye primer. Holds my eyeshadow and winged liner on all day. A big problem for me before I started to use eye primers was my eyeliner imprinting(?)/smudging onto the top of my eyelid, and with this product this NEVER happens.

Overall I'm very happy with this product for the price. It is slightly annoying when my nails are longer to get the product out of the container, but I usually keep my nails shortish so it doesn't bother me too much. I'd buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I got this because I didn't want to party the price of a paintpot. This base is the perfect color for my eyelids. It hides the discoloration and veins on my lids. Unfortunately it creases with out a primer. So I don't have to purchase this to cover imperfections...a concealer would do the same thing

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by allisonboyd2011

This is a decent product. Not my favorite base/primer ever, but it does the job. My eye shadows don't wear off and it makes them more intense. The only problem is that the color is too dark for me, and if you have dark skin it won't work either because it doesn't blend very well. And if you have long nails, use a concealer blush to apply it because you won't be able to stick your finger in the pot without getting the base all over your nail.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Amelielydia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

not a big fan, it sets into my creases and makes them worse. it's also too dark for my really pale skin and makes it look like i have yellow eyelids. i might try this in white but definitely not again in skin tone!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by BeautysWithin16

One day while in Ulta i ran across this base and was curious of how well it would work, so I bought it! The next day I tried it, I didn't use a primer underneath, I do tend to have oily lids sometimes and I did notice some fading but it didn't really bother me, though if you do have oily skin then I would definitely wear a primer under this, it will help! I wear this over a primer like E.L.F. And it lasts all day, no fading! I also love the packaging, I have a thing for jar packagings with twist off lids like MAC paint pots packaging I love them both! I would say this is similar to MAC paintpots though I have oily lids MACs paintpots have never had problems with fading like NYX. I def recommend this to anyone though, just beware if you have oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by allygee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice primer, goes on smoothly and has great staying power.