April 19, 2014 | 1514 users online

Hair - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by katyren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this hair treatment, I alternate it with Kerastase treatments about every 2 months. Its a bit different from usual hair treatments as you put it in before shampooing but it works just as well, if not better. My hair always feels well nourished and light after using this product and after a few weeks of use starts to feel stronger. It is quite expensive but you can buy it in 500ml or 1000ml containers which works out at much better value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by hilonomics

This is a HG product as far as I'm concerned. I have shoulder length, coloured hair and while I treat it well and try not to use heat on it every day I am trying to grow it and I've found it's definitely started to look longer and shinier since I've used this. I also used it on a recent holiday as a treatment to keep it hydrated on the beach and poolside, which worked a treat!!
I originally had it in a tube which came in a travel set which I personally think is better for application than the jar the full size comes in.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have long heard about this product but never had a chance to try it because its near impossible to find it in australia.
The online retailers that i find, only sells the big tub and i really dont want to fork out that much to try a product. (i did find a uk retailer selling a small tube but it never arrived!!)
Then last week i saw Strawberrynet was selling the travel set and i finally a chance to give this a go.

To start with, i have a lot of coarse, dry, unmanageable hair. For years i have to use japanese straightening to tame it, i couldnt color my hair because my hairdresser thinks that it will damage my already unruly hair too much, i have to beg and beg to get a color that he thinks it might be passable for me (so it doesnt look too dry). Anyway, my hair now is quite weak, not brittle but weak is that its so easily stretched and i have to be ultra careful when i brush.

Its always horrible to try to brush my hair after i wash it, theres too much of it and i have to be careful, for a long while i was using fedrick fekkai protein fx (which i love) then i stopped because it doesnt really do much for my so damaged hair anymore.

Now i tried the elasticiser, i personally think its a pain in the bum to put it on and then to leave it for 20 mins. Who has the time!!! anyway, i did on the weekend, washed my hair and then brush, wow, its smooth, and much easier to brush my hair out, then i blow dry as usual and honestly i dont see a whole lot of difference.

the next day what i have noticed is that my hair is much softer, but nothing that i think its wow. though i am happy with this softness... its easy to brush...

so i will try until the tube finish before deciding to buy the full size. Its a nice product so far, but the cost and the hassle of using it, i am not sure if its worth it. We will see.

ETA: taking two lippies off, doesnt do much after a few use, hair is still the same

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 7:12:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Fantastic dual functioning product: strengthening as well as conditioning. Nourishes hair shaft instantly, improving blow dry result even after first application. Lasts ages. A real find.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I alternate between this and my beloved Fekkai Protein RX. At the moment I'm using this. I actually don't mind (and prefer) that this is a pre-shampoo treatment! I apply it sparingly to my dry hair, do my business (have dinner, chores, waste time on Facebook etc) then shampoo and condition as normal.

I find this stuff works best if you keep it on for at least half an hour. I have fine hair (but lots of it) and years of abusing it left it in a pretty sorry state. I've gone through the entire colour spectrum of hairdyes!! A couple of years ago, I had the most woeful dry, brittle hair and along with my Fekkai, this was a saviour. I still use this once or twice a week and it's not too heavy for fine hair (as long as you rinse well), it makes your hair look thicker and shinier and as a bonus, they now do a squeezy tube of this as well as the pot, so it's the perfect size for travelling! The size I buy in the tube is 14 in the UK or you can buy the bigger tub for about 24 in the big department stores. I've also tried the Elastisizer Extreme at love that too, but that has to be used VERY sparingly unless you have super-thick hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by notfalling028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My favourite hair treatment. It makes tremendous difference to how my dyed fine overprocessed hair looks. I like to use it all over my head, put a shower cap on and wear a beanie for extra warmth. It is very rich and I suppose it does weigh hair down a little but for the difference it makes i can deal with that!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by starsonice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product, but difficult to find in the states. I used it while in the UK and ended up ordering it online from a place in California.

Due to this difficulty and cost, I'm not sure if I'll repurchase it, but I do highly recommend it for those who can obtain it!

It conditions wonderfully and you can use it as a quick conditioner or leave it in for a while if your hair is damaged. It washes out easily, and leaves the hair very healthy looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ocmommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't even know if there are words for how good this is. Lt me start by saying that my hair is jacked up. Bleach weave gone awry, crispy hair...don't even want to talk about it.

This makes my hair so soft, but not coated. It brings back that spring and snap ro hydrated, healthy hair. I follow up with the Moisture Extreme and cannot believe the results.

Prior to using this, if I were to let my hair air dry, frizzy would be an understatement. I allowed my hair to air dry the first time I used this, just to see what the performance truly was. I was floored. It was a bit frizzy, but the texture and feel of it was much softer and hydrated.

Not expensive for the performance, and I don't mind the jar at all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Smallonion

Love this stuff. Best conditioner I've ever used. However, I use it every time I shampoo because my hair is very damaged and coarse. I've been using it for a couple of months and I see much less damaged, and my hair appears to be growing because there is less breakage. Also, i get nice curl formation instead of frizz, and it adds shine. Holy Grail!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the most incredibly moisturizing hair mask I've ever tried. I have very fine hair and never really needed huge amounts of moisture on my hair - on the contrary - most moisturizing products would weigh my hair down horribly and make it look greasy. After doing my hair some serious damage last year I started using a lot of protein treatments and needed to balance it with moisture. It took me a while to figure out how to use this for my hair type. Despite washing it 2-3 times my hair would look and feel great - but would be weighed down and greasy-looking by the next day. I actually needed only about a teaspoon of this - I only used it on the ends of my then shoulder-length hair and left it in for about 10 min. I used this about once a month, with lighter moisturizing treatments after protein treatments every week or two. For a long time this worked well. Earlier this summer my hair became drier almost overnight. According to my hairdresser it reached a "saturation point" as far as protein went and I needed to stop all protein products and use more moisture. Suddenly my hair can hardly get enough moisture - and few things make any difference at all. This is one of the things that actually works even now. I use it about once a week and leave on up to 30 min. If I can't be bothered doing it properly I'll put a little on dry hair and leave on for a while before washing. This really is a product that would work for pretty much any hair - you just need to adjust the use to what your hair needs.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No