October 20, 2014 | 1954 users online

Hair - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Clara28

I bought the elasticizer based on all the raving reviews everywhere on the internet. I have blond hair with highlights, but last year I got it overprocessed after a bad colouring at the hairdresser so it was in a very bad shape. I hoped the elasticizer would make it better, and it did give me softer hair, but only after the first use (after the next uses the mask did nothing for my hair). If you have very damaged hair, i recommend the redken extreme line, which really works, instead of this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by nobelprizeforshopping

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't get the love for this product but on reading other reviews, I suspect it's great at mending damaged, processed hair. My hair is coarse and frizzy but it isn't processed and as I don't use heat on it, it's in as good condition as it ever will be (it just looks terrible - naturally terrible). This product does nothing for it. If anything it makes it thicker and bulkier and it makes it feel kind of stiff and crunchy whereas what I was hoping for was softness and frizz reduction.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Lename

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

How did I survive without this product? LOVE it!! Definite HG product.Easily one of the best hair treatments out there for ANY hair type. I have mixed-race wavy/curly hair and WOW has this made a difference!

I feel I should point out that this isnít an anti-frizz product. What this has done for me is change the texture of my hair. Now, my hair FEELS softer, LOOKS softer + shinier and it has made brushing through dry hair so much easier! I used to have to overload my hair with products and brush it twice a day just to keep things under control.
No more!

How I Use It:
Wet hair. Squeeze excess water. Work Elasticizer into hair, and cover hair with a shower cap. Leave on for an hour then rinse thoroughly and shampoo & condition as usual. I use once or twice a week. (If you have fine virgin hair, you'll only need to use it once or twice a month).

The only down side is its price. First time buyers should definitely purchase a small size (like the 40ml) and see how it works for them.

Also. Elasticizer improved the condition of my hair gradually. It'll take a few uses to really see results...although you'll notice them after the first try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This and the Extreme are the ultimate moisturizing treatments! I absolutely love the effect on my hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by smootsa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

this is hands down the best hair product i've come across. i've used it 3 or 4 times over the last few weeks and my frizz-prone waves have turned into soft bouncy curls. in fact strangers have started to compliment my hair - and let me tell you that's never happened before ;-) i don't know how this goes on straight hair, but if you want to turn your curls around this is the product. this stuff is 110% HG :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by katyren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this hair treatment, I alternate it with Kerastase treatments about every 2 months. Its a bit different from usual hair treatments as you put it in before shampooing but it works just as well, if not better. My hair always feels well nourished and light after using this product and after a few weeks of use starts to feel stronger. It is quite expensive but you can buy it in 500ml or 1000ml containers which works out at much better value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by hilonomics

This is a HG product as far as I'm concerned. I have shoulder length, coloured hair and while I treat it well and try not to use heat on it every day I am trying to grow it and I've found it's definitely started to look longer and shinier since I've used this. I also used it on a recent holiday as a treatment to keep it hydrated on the beach and poolside, which worked a treat!!
I originally had it in a tube which came in a travel set which I personally think is better for application than the jar the full size comes in.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have long heard about this product but never had a chance to try it because its near impossible to find it in australia.
The online retailers that i find, only sells the big tub and i really dont want to fork out that much to try a product. (i did find a uk retailer selling a small tube but it never arrived!!)
Then last week i saw Strawberrynet was selling the travel set and i finally a chance to give this a go.

To start with, i have a lot of coarse, dry, unmanageable hair. For years i have to use japanese straightening to tame it, i couldnt color my hair because my hairdresser thinks that it will damage my already unruly hair too much, i have to beg and beg to get a color that he thinks it might be passable for me (so it doesnt look too dry). Anyway, my hair now is quite weak, not brittle but weak is that its so easily stretched and i have to be ultra careful when i brush.

Its always horrible to try to brush my hair after i wash it, theres too much of it and i have to be careful, for a long while i was using fedrick fekkai protein fx (which i love) then i stopped because it doesnt really do much for my so damaged hair anymore.

Now i tried the elasticiser, i personally think its a pain in the bum to put it on and then to leave it for 20 mins. Who has the time!!! anyway, i did on the weekend, washed my hair and then brush, wow, its smooth, and much easier to brush my hair out, then i blow dry as usual and honestly i dont see a whole lot of difference.

the next day what i have noticed is that my hair is much softer, but nothing that i think its wow. though i am happy with this softness... its easy to brush...

so i will try until the tube finish before deciding to buy the full size. Its a nice product so far, but the cost and the hassle of using it, i am not sure if its worth it. We will see.

ETA: taking two lippies off, doesnt do much after a few use, hair is still the same

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 7:12:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Fantastic dual functioning product: strengthening as well as conditioning. Nourishes hair shaft instantly, improving blow dry result even after first application. Lasts ages. A real find.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I alternate between this and my beloved Fekkai Protein RX. At the moment I'm using this. I actually don't mind (and prefer) that this is a pre-shampoo treatment! I apply it sparingly to my dry hair, do my business (have dinner, chores, waste time on Facebook etc) then shampoo and condition as normal.

I find this stuff works best if you keep it on for at least half an hour. I have fine hair (but lots of it) and years of abusing it left it in a pretty sorry state. I've gone through the entire colour spectrum of hairdyes!! A couple of years ago, I had the most woeful dry, brittle hair and along with my Fekkai, this was a saviour. I still use this once or twice a week and it's not too heavy for fine hair (as long as you rinse well), it makes your hair look thicker and shinier and as a bonus, they now do a squeezy tube of this as well as the pot, so it's the perfect size for travelling! The size I buy in the tube is £14 in the UK or you can buy the bigger tub for about £24 in the big department stores. I've also tried the Elastisizer Extreme at love that too, but that has to be used VERY sparingly unless you have super-thick hair!