Bobbi Brown Pale Mauve Lip Color

4.2

on 2/18/2011 2:58:00 PM

Yes...I will be buying this lip color again, because (like the BB colors that I love)...this one is gone. I've been taking my lip brush and getting the last little bit out. So sad when that happens.

I'm surprised that I never reviewed this lipstick on Makeup Alley. It is one of my favorites.

When it came out (quite a while back)...I tried it on at Nordstrom, and looked in the mirror. It looked horrible...just horrible (like I had put that sixties white lipstick on with a little pink/violet), so I walked out of the store without it.

When I went out to my car, I thought I'd look at it again, and...wow!...the most beautiful innocent color. I usually can't wear light lipsticks (and this is light) on my pigmented lips, but this one is sheer, pulls no browns (thank goodness...a lot of hers do), and looks just right. My own natural lip color shows through, so I look polished but it's that "no makeup look".

And...even though I always write that most of the Creamy Lip Colors are creamy...that doesn't mean that I don't put lip balm under them. They have balm-like qualities, but I really need a lip balm underneath (I use Burt's Bees). I've always used one...since my teenage years...a long time ago;) Guess my lips have always been dry.

The only thing about this lipstick that I didn't like was that it was extremely soft, and a part of it broke off...awwwww!

When I wear it under fluorescent lighting...I wear something darker and more colorful with it (I remember what it looked like under the store lights), so it's also a great mixer...to lighten things up a bit.

HTH's

on 9/27/2010 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Because my lips are so naturally pigmented, and the fact my mouth isn't as youthful as it was some years ago, I tend to lean toward the more neutral pinky shades. Nudes are hard for me b/c they turn orange--actually, a lot of shades turn orange. That said, I picked this up on a trip to the outlets. It was one of the few BB purchases I've made during the course of many years.
Pros: LOVE the color!! As I stated, my lips are naturally pigmented. This shade went on nice and pale, but not TOO pale so I didn't look like a worn-out dupe of Dusty Springfield. Didn't look purple-y or bluish either.
Cons: Not long-wearing. Within fifteen minutes of wearing this, I end up retouchnig. I've basically given up.
Dry. Dry. Dry. I realize that some reviewers did not have this issue, but on my mature, dry lips, I really need to use a balm over this.
You know, this is an issue that really drives me nuts. BB is what--50-ish? She should be making her lipsticks more moist and creamier.

Although I love the color, I would not repurchase this lip color. I will stick with my tried and true YSL lipstick. Creamier.

on 9/19/2010 8:39:00 AM

This is definitely my favorite lipstick at the moment. I am not a lipstick fan and have been stop using it for a while since my lip is in such bad/dry condition due to dry weather. But this is really nice and doesn't make my lips flake. Texture is creamy and not much fragrance in it, which is great. Color is nude pink with a hint of cool undertone, looks fantastic on with my Asian skin-tone. Will repurchase this item and it really worth the price!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful pinky nude that profides decent coverage, moisturizes, stays for several hours and looks natural no matter how dry my lips are. If you are looking for a "nude" lip that doesn't make you look dead I highly recommend this lippie. I had been using MAC Hue, but the formula of this is much better and the color more flattering on my skintone.

on 1/30/2010 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a MLBMB lippie.. my lips but much better. When MAC intro'd the Lavendar whip color last spring I bought one for my stash and decided I could use a lippie with lavender in it... but MAC's was just way too OTT for me, my skin and my age. So I bought this and fell in love.

This is a perfect MLBB color with a bit of rosy lavender and a nice semi matte texture. It looks best with BB's pink blushes.

I have often heard that BB's lippies are too drying, but that is the case only if you have dry lips and do not moisturize first. This like most BB lippies needs that balm underneath all the time but they do last for hours. Lovely!

on 12/3/2009 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

its pricey..but the color is wowza! sooo pretty and pale and not too over the top....just a perfect color of pale pale lavendery pink... very pretty!

on 11/9/2009 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased this product in late 2008. It is the only lip color remaining in my "stash" from several I've purchased from Bobbi Brown, mainly because I tossed them due to their brown or yellow or orange undertone. This product is blue-based but in a soft, classy pale sheen.

I'd describe it as very very pale bluish lavender which creates a kind of nude lip but has definite creaminess and texture to it, so it makes my lips look somewhat pale but pigmented. Not an easy thing for a lipstick to do because I have moderately pigmented lips. "Nude" lipsticks still look like some sort of color on me. The formulation is very moisturizing and since I am about half-way through the bullet, I was wondering how to replace it; I figured that it would be discontinued.

Not to worry. It is still in the lip color collection. If you want one of those pale lip looks without looking like a woman of very easy virtue, then this lip color will work for you AS LONG AS you don't have olive or yellow-toned skin. There are plenty of colors on the market for warm skin tones. Ms. Brown came up with one for women with skin coloring like mine, and I will re-purchase this color within the next year.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A flattering lip color is very difficult for me to find. A lot are too brown, which makes me look too mature and serious. Others are too bright and still others are too dark. But this lippie is the perfect shade for me. It's a nude pink that is neither too brown nor too pink. It's very natural and goes with anything. The formula is wonderful. Not drying at all, long-lasting, and it applies very smoothly. I do not think Bobbi Brown is overpriced at all. Many companies charge the same and some charge even more for a lippie of this quality. I would definately buy this shade again, and will look into some other ones in this creamy formula. If you're not really a lipstick kind of gal, like me, than you should try this!

on 2/4/2009 5:52:00 PM

i really like the colour however it seemed 2 leave bits on my lips :S hmm not sure i would re purchase

bobbi brown is really over priced

on 1/20/2009 8:47:00 PM

Pale Mauve is one of the new colors that came out with the 2009 Brights Collection. First, the finish of these lipsticks are just lovely, creamy, glossy, and comfortable. The new colors have no shimmer or glitter so they are perfect for those looking for a natural veil of color. I'm a neutral to warm PPP so many mauves, especially cool mauves, just don't look right or flattering against my complexion. However, I've always had a hankering to find the perfect glossy pale pinky mauve since the BB Mauve collection and now I've finally found it! Pale Mauve is a soft innocent light mauve that I can see going well with many plummy or light pink blushes. Highly recommended for spring!

Recommended for Medium Skin