September 18, 2014 | 1981 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Pale Mauve Lip Color

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by katharinesophia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful pinky nude that profides decent coverage, moisturizes, stays for several hours and looks natural no matter how dry my lips are. If you are looking for a "nude" lip that doesn't make you look dead I highly recommend this lippie. I had been using MAC Hue, but the formula of this is much better and the color more flattering on my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a MLBMB lippie.. my lips but much better. When MAC intro'd the Lavendar whip color last spring I bought one for my stash and decided I could use a lippie with lavender in it... but MAC's was just way too OTT for me, my skin and my age. So I bought this and fell in love.

This is a perfect MLBB color with a bit of rosy lavender and a nice semi matte texture. It looks best with BB's pink blushes.

I have often heard that BB's lippies are too drying, but that is the case only if you have dry lips and do not moisturize first. This like most BB lippies needs that balm underneath all the time but they do last for hours. Lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 7:39:00 AM More reviews by amna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its pricey..but the color is wowza! sooo pretty and pale and not too over the top....just a perfect color of pale pale lavendery pink... very pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product in late 2008. It is the only lip color remaining in my "stash" from several I've purchased from Bobbi Brown, mainly because I tossed them due to their brown or yellow or orange undertone. This product is blue-based but in a soft, classy pale sheen.

I'd describe it as very very pale bluish lavender which creates a kind of nude lip but has definite creaminess and texture to it, so it makes my lips look somewhat pale but pigmented. Not an easy thing for a lipstick to do because I have moderately pigmented lips. "Nude" lipsticks still look like some sort of color on me. The formulation is very moisturizing and since I am about half-way through the bullet, I was wondering how to replace it; I figured that it would be discontinued.

Not to worry. It is still in the lip color collection. If you want one of those pale lip looks without looking like a woman of very easy virtue, then this lip color will work for you AS LONG AS you don't have olive or yellow-toned skin. There are plenty of colors on the market for warm skin tones. Ms. Brown came up with one for women with skin coloring like mine, and I will re-purchase this color within the next year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A flattering lip color is very difficult for me to find. A lot are too brown, which makes me look too mature and serious. Others are too bright and still others are too dark. But this lippie is the perfect shade for me. It's a nude pink that is neither too brown nor too pink. It's very natural and goes with anything. The formula is wonderful. Not drying at all, long-lasting, and it applies very smoothly. I do not think Bobbi Brown is overpriced at all. Many companies charge the same and some charge even more for a lippie of this quality. I would definately buy this shade again, and will look into some other ones in this creamy formula. If you're not really a lipstick kind of gal, like me, than you should try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by akhan21

i really like the colour however it seemed 2 leave bits on my lips :S hmm not sure i would re purchase

bobbi brown is really over priced

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by peachyrose

Pale Mauve is one of the new colors that came out with the 2009 Brights Collection. First, the finish of these lipsticks are just lovely, creamy, glossy, and comfortable. The new colors have no shimmer or glitter so they are perfect for those looking for a natural veil of color. I'm a neutral to warm PPP so many mauves, especially cool mauves, just don't look right or flattering against my complexion. However, I've always had a hankering to find the perfect glossy pale pinky mauve since the BB Mauve collection and now I've finally found it! Pale Mauve is a soft innocent light mauve that I can see going well with many plummy or light pink blushes. Highly recommended for spring!