December 19, 2014 | 855 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not one to own multiple highlighters. Is it shiny? Is it soft and buttery and doesn't look like glitter flecks on my face? Good. That pretty much describes my standard for a highlighter.

It's vibrant and it works really well on my fair skin tone. I'd love to see a picture of someone going through the product because it contains .30 oz. which is HUGE. It also has a good-sized mirror. I am all about the dewy skin and have even worn this to work; if it was too intense or not work appropriate, no one told me about it, so I like it for that reason, too.

They might not be dupe products, but compare the per unit price ($80) to Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($135) and I like the purchase even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by TammyLynn86

This is hand down my favorite highlighter, it will forever be in my makeup bag! A little goes a long way with this it is highlighter, I get a lot of use out if so its worth every penny. It looks great on brow bones, inner eye, and cupids bow as well as highlighting other parts of my face. It gives my skin a gorgeous healthy glow. I love the Balm products they are all really good quality. The packaging and names are so fun and cute.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by tessipie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Adore this product, most beautiful powder highlighter I've come across so far. Packaging is blah.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first got this I wasn't that impressed for some reason so I shoved it in my makeup drawer and didn't use it for months and months. I just rediscovered it and I love it! Funny how that works. I've been brushing it lightly over my brow bone, the inner corner of my eye, down my nose, and on my cheekbones. It looks amazing! Very glowy but not in a way that's too in your face like some kind of shimmer bomb. I much prefer this to other more expensive highlighters (Ahem, Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal).
One weird thing is that when I got it there was an area that was super soft like there was a pocket of air trapped in the product. It eventually started breaking up in that area but now I feel that in another area of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

Love this highlighter. It's not too shimmery (provided you use a light hand) and leaves a pretty sheen on the skin. It's a gorgeous champagne colour and the product itself is so smooth. You also get a huge amount of product for the price too (I think I paid AUD$31.95 at David Jones). It also has suoer cute packaging which is a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Arinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The most beautiful highlighter! Every time i shop for a new highlighter for a change I always end up not getting it because it doesn't live up to mary-lou. Its a nice champagney shade and it it SUPER pigmented. I also love using it as a eyeshadow so its very versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by SoonMi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I first heard about this product through Michelle Phan's "How to Look Like Miranda Kerr". She used it as a face highlight as well as an inner-corner highlight. I'd been searching for a highlight that was not pink-based for quite sometime. I think that they must've reformulated this luminizer because I found it on Amazon for $13! So cheap! It will last me a long time. If I find another yellow-based highlighter better than this one than I won't repurchase, so far this is the best one I've tried yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Words don't even begin to describe how much I LOVE this stuff!!! It is the perfect highlighter. I get compliments all the time when I wear this. It is on the pricey side but it's SO pigmented that you just have to lightly tap your brush into it, so you'll have it for ages before it runs out!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very frosty highlighter that would look best on young, good skin. The best reviews seem to be from people in their teens and twenties. On older skin it emphasizes bumps and fine lines and it can look too severe, even when applied with a light hand and a high-end Japanese brush. For older skin I much prefer the Lorac highlighter. But if you are younger and want to make a statement, this is the one.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Sonjavidas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this highlighter! It's defiantly worth the price! It is really pigmented, so I use it with a light hand. And since it's so pigmented, it works great as an eyeshadow! I always get compliments on how healthy looking my skin looks whenever I'm wearing this. A must have makeup product for me!