Hard Candy Lash Call Lengthening Mascara

2.5

on 1/3/2012 12:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the worst mascara i have ever tried. The brush was useless (bristles way too far apart) the formula was too wet and never dried. i could never get it to properly stay on my lashes. it did nothing in terms of length or volume, and it made my lashes all stick together. it was just a hot mess :(

on 12/17/2011 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was a pretty normal mascara for me. I have those short asian lashes that won't curl and almost don't exist. I usally look for length in a mascara, so this one caught my eye at WalMart. The formula is really wet, which I like because it means less clumps, which happen often with the way my lashes are. You have to TRY to get clumps with this mascara. It's a bit messy, but nothing a Q-Tip won't clean up. It came off very easily and didn't smudge or flake at all. I like this mascara, but I don't think I'll be buying it again. I want omething with a more dramatic effect.

on 8/5/2011 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I don't really like this mascara at all.
Since I've already got naturally long lashes, it's really not hard at all for a mascara to impress me but this one was so terrible. Initial impressions were everything in this case. When I pulled out the wand I was alittle underwhelmed. It's just a basic spiral bristled brush- very boring in comparison to the brushes that other brands are putting out. Okay, so it's boring. So what?
I was actually okay with that until I actually went to use the mascara on my eyelashes. There was a ton of excess mascara slathered all over the brush and I had to vigorously scrape it off on the rim of the tube before applying it. Surprisingly the first coat was looking pretty alright for such a wet mascara. My eyelashes looked a little thicker and maybe just a tad longer but I had to wipe my lids down because it had already smeared across my brow bone. When I went in for the second coat, yet again I had to deal with the excess on the wand which was not only mildly aggravating but also messy. As I was applying this second coat to my lashes, Lash Call took a turn for the worse. Those dreaded clumps began to form everywhere! I tried so hard to fix it and clean it up but it just got worse. My eyelashes felt disgusting and stuck together. I had to give my brow bone another wipe.
Over all, I wouldn't bother with this and I'm glad that I didn't pay for it. The tube I borrowed wasn't brand new or unopened, so the formula apparently stays wet like this for a good while. It's most certainly NOT a buildable mascara so length is going to be a little hard to achieve. It might be okay for natural looks but only if you're prepared to deal with the mess that the wet formula creates.

sux rly badly flakes but it does lenghthen ur lashes mayb hard candy should not make mascara

on 3/10/2011 1:00:00 PM

I love this Mascara! I have just about tried them all and always looking for a new one! This one make's my lashes very long, It is wet but it may have an oil base and I think thats great for my lashes it help's seperate the lashes and give it a nice clean look!

on 12/19/2010 10:36:00 PM

Best mascara ever!!! I absolutely love it!! (contrary to what others are saying) I was always on the search for the next best mascara and this product ended that cycle.

It is very dark, defining, dramatic yet not crazy looking. Only down side is that because it is liquid-y, you have to do a slow and careful application. The first time I used it, it looked like I had 3 eyelashes, but soon you'll get the hang of it and it will look great!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this.

on 12/18/2010 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this mascara is very disappointing!!!!!!!!!! would never repurchase again. idk what it is , if its the brush or what but it just made my lashes look straight and clumped and it takes a long time to dry. Doesn't curl or length at all.

on 11/18/2010 10:08:00 PM

This was by far the worst mascara that I have ever purchased. Clumped, and made my lashes look SHORTER than normal. I would not purchase this again.

I recently bought some of the ginormous lash mascara in purple haze cause I was really happy with the colored effects on my lashes. Then I bought this one because I wanted more colored mascara; ginormous lash didn't have electric blue and lash call did so I bought it.

I am still very happy about the color intensity. I think the blue makes my lashes look fun but again, it's not so bright that it's the first thing you see when you look at me. I know it sounds clownish and kind of in-your-face but the effect is actually very pretty.

However, unlike ginormous lash, this one makes my eyelashes look crunchy and kinked up. They both clump but with ginormous lash, all I have to do is run a lash comb through it and it's all better. With this one, I had to spend a painstakingly long and tedious amount of time combing out my lashes to even make them look halfway decent. They're still not as separated and smooth as I would like them to be, but they're acceptable.

I still love the color and I will still use it when I feel like investing the time to try to declump it, but I won't be using it as often as my other mascaras. I'd buy it again but only if I couldn't find this color in any other mascara.

on 8/10/2010 6:43:00 PM

Pros:
1) It does what it's supposed to do, lengthen your eye lashes.
2) Great coverage.
3) Removal is easy, just wash it off with water.

Cons:
1) It clumps.
2) Does not hold curls well.
3) Brush is long and hard to work with.
4) Too much product goes on the brush, and eye lashes could stick together because of too much product.
5) Not good at separating lashes.