Avon In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon

3.3

on 5/26/2011 5:43:00 PM

This smells SO fantastic!! Unfortunately, it only smells fantastic for about an hour at best, which is why I gave it a 3. I really love this fragrance, but I've gone through a bottle in record time! I asked DH if he could smell it after I'd practically doused myself in it a few hours before (thought maybe I'd developed an inability to smell it ;)...he said he couldn't unless he really smashed his nose onto my neck (not a problem for me ;) and that's after he had commented on how good it smelled a couple of times before when I first put it on. I don't really want to do the layering because I have body washes and lotions I already love, but if that's the only way to get this fragrance to hang around.... ?? Really nice and clean scent for summer--if it were cheaper I'd just buy a big bottle and let it rip! :)

on 4/28/2011 12:31:00 PM

Wow I love this floral I love the peach notes

on 2/25/2011 3:43:00 PM

Not a bad light floral scent but has no staying power. Comes in a very pretty glass bottle though.

on 2/12/2011 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love this because I like Avon fragrances most of the time, but this is just way too flowery -- like cheap old lady perfume of the 70's.

on 2/2/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been ordering samples of this fragrance ever since it first come out because the price is rather high IMO. for the amount that is in the bottle. I finally ordered the limited edition glass 1 oz. bottle as it went on sale at long last. I do love this scent, and the glass bottle with the lovely glass flower on the top is adorable, a real nice piece to add to my bottle collection. I have discovered however that the glass bottle with the glass flower does not have a sprayer, and I do not believe the top fits tight enough to prevent evaporation. I say this because my bottle came not all the way full and it was enclosed in a plastic wrapper. The box smelled a little like the fragrance so I thought perhaps it could have leaked out in the shipping process. I told Avon about this and they are sending me a new bottle. I will update this when I see if the new bottle is also missing some of the perfume, or if it smells like it leaked out. This may be an impossible thing to stop if the lid does not fit appropriately for shipping purposes, or tight enough to prevent evaporation. I am marking the bottle I have to see if it indeed is evaporation and if it is then I am going to empty the contents into another perfume bottle that does not allow for evaporation.
This perfume is just too beautiful of a fragrance to allow to waste. It is not a strong perfume and I feel as though it does not last as long as I would like it to, but since I find it very delightful, I can tolerate less lasting power and respray. ;-)
If I do find the new bottle to have less product than there should be, I am thinking of ordering the spray bottle. It has more product, is not as beautiful of a container, but perhaps it will arrive full and not be able to evaporate.
If you love flowers like I do, you will love this fragrance. It is not an over-powering flower scent but it is definitely a special fragrance.

on 1/2/2011 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have sniffed just about all the Avon scents and there are
alot of them! This is definitely my favourite but it really does not last on its own. Layering has worked for me. I use
the shower gel and the body lotion. Add a squirt of the scent
and it seems to last longer as it works with the body lotion.
It is very floral and really lifts my mood.
You have to smell it and try it on your own skin to make a
decent assessment. Scent is so personal to everyone.

on 12/17/2010 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Unlike others, I CAN smell the peach tea as well as the gardenia - this is a nice scent! It's just a pity it doesn't last at all. I cannot smell it even 5 minutes after spraying it all over my body, clothes, hair etc.. A complete waste of money.

on 12/13/2010 11:46:00 PM

I bought the body mist version for $15 and I use it often. I love the scent. Get a sample of it before you buy it since scent is subjective.

on 10/1/2010 3:15:00 PM

Very light gardenia scent, poor lasting power. If in fact you want something classier and fresher that smells of these white flowers try Marc Jacobs. This in fact is the case of you get what you pay for. Works great though as a daytime after bath spray.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This scent is fantastic, but it depends on what you like. I love florals, so this is great for me. Very fresh, lasts long. Good for day to night transitions! Will buy again and again. I like the EDP so much, I later ordered the shower gel, lotion and body mist.

Popular Fragrances