Maybelline Color Sensational in Plum Perfect

on 5/21/2012 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing a tutorial by Lisa Eldridge on Youtube for a dark lipstick look (http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/12334/trend-dark-lipsticks/). I think she used YSL 8 Belle du Rose? I didn't know if I'd wear this in public until l played around with it a bit. This lipstick works perfect. I like this line because it has great coverage and staying power. I don't mind the vanilla taste, it's okay. If you want a darker, dramatic lip look for evening events (I wore this look to a gallery opening) in the fall or winter, this will do the job. I only wear this once or twice a year, so I doubt I'll be repurchasing. If I do, I'll probably splurge on the YSL.

on 10/31/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

plum perfect is a dark plum/burgundy.it's got a shine to it.verry pretty for fall! Love the texture of those lipsticks! Smooth on the application,pigmented,last long.go well with:plum,white,black,nude,gold,purple,pink,brown eye shadows.love it!

on 10/31/2011 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this shade..goes on very smooth and lasts a long time. This color is a gorgeous moody purple shade. I love it.

on 7/21/2011 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this lipstick. The shade is a nice dark plum color. It goes on smoothly and isn't very drying. I like the very unusual smell (and to a point taste) to. It was like...wet cement, which I've always thought was a very soothing smell. I'd recomend it.

on 4/20/2011 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

MY FAVORITE LIPSTICKS!

That is all..=)

on 3/12/2011 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to venture into the world of dark lipsticks, and this was my first attempt. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. this is a really pretty creamy plummy shade. i like the texture, it covers the lips in an opaque layer of color but isn't matte or drying. I also really like the packaging, since I have several of these the fact that the lid is purple makes it obvious which one it is. I like these lipsticks a lot, and plan on trying many other shades.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Very dry and smelled horrible. I may have gotten a bad batch or something but I've only had this for a couple of months. The color looks very dark and is not wearable for anything but Halloween. This goes right in the trash.

on 1/10/2011 4:48:00 PM

Nice product for a drugstore price. For the record, I have thin lips and prefer dark lipsticks, it's just my overall look. I bought this color, and mauvelicious (or something like that) - both colors are plums. This tone is a bit more red/brown but overall a plum. Deeply pigmented with a creamy texture that doesn't feel cheap. I didn't notice any odd smell, either. I wouldn't call it incredibly moisturizing but I like a dryer lipstick anyhow, something with staying power. I bought it at Target for about 5.50, don't buy at CVS or Walgreens - it's overpriced there.

on 1/1/2011 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I liked the color, but my problem was the smell. I opened the cap and it smelled rotten, and it was overpowering so I had to take it back. I got it again a second time and it smelled fine and the color looked really good on me. It was nice and smooth and lasted me awhile.

on 12/18/2010 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think as far as pigment and texture, this is one of the best drugstore lipsticks. This shade is very diva and vampy like the 20's. On darker skin some people may feel like it's too dark and draws out their olive or caramel tones. Which some people love and some don't. Fair skin will look quite runway and it's an extreme lipstick for them. I think light-light medium skin benefits the most from this shade. It's not Gothic, but it is bold. If you have black hair and fair skin though, most people are going to assume dark lipstick = Goth. I would pair this with a lightly smoked eye close to the lash line and lots of full lashes because pale shadows with a bold lip is another runway look.

Popular Lipsticks