October 23, 2014 | 1407 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - natural instincts cinnaberry

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Myoung19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great drugstore haircolor! My hair is naturally a medium brown, fine-med texture. I get TONS of compliments with this color!
Since it is a red, it does fade. That's just the red heads dilemma :) I have learned Psssst dry shampoo is my best friend and only wash my hair ever 2 days, sometimes 3 if I'm not leaving the house lol. That helps a lot with fading. I use cool water to wash, Redken All Soft conditioner, Treseme Heat Tamer spray before blow dry. I think those products do help maintain my color. Keep your hair protected out in the sun or tanning bed!
This color is (on me) very natural looking and gorgeous. It doesn't give me that fake, burgundy hair color (that's just not for me), the conditioner it comes with is great and my hair is always smooth and silky after coloring. This is my go to hair color, I've been using it for years.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this color-this is the second time i've used it. i was a little concerned it would come out too burgundy since i used it about a month ago, but it's sort of a brilliant, shiny, deep auburn. my hair is reddish brown to start with, and i leave the dye on for 10 minutes. i do have to use it every month if i want to maintain the color, but that makes sense since it's not a permanent color.

even if i were using this for many months, though, i think it's gentle enough to be fine for my hair-the conditioner that comes with it is awesome. wish they would sell it separately.

EDIT TO ADD: i am not totally sure this is still the same formula. i just used it again and this time it did come out too cool-toned and burgundy-ish...it's not awful or anything, but it doesn't look natural by any means. will not be using this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I flip between Dark Auburn and Strawberry, but this is by far my favorite Drugstore haircolor. It is intense when you first color it, which is good because we all know that Reds are notorius for fading very fast. I love Natural Instincts because it always leaves my hair super shiney and healthy looking after coloring. I will never use harsh permanent dyes again. I tried using veggie dyes without much success, they fade just as fast as permanent chemicals, so this is a good alternative for those seeking, less chemicals and less harsh color for their hair. I do have to re-color about every 3 weeks but this color does not make my hair damaged looking. Of all the Red dyes out there in the Semi permanent, this one always looks really good on me and I always get compliments the first week after I color.

So ladies, if you want a true Red/Medium Auburn, I mean really red, not brownish red, this is an awesome color. It will wash out a bit in your drain, but I suggest that if you want to keep the red longer to use Sulfate -free shampoos and rinse in lukewarm/Cool water. Red is hard to keep, so you really have baby your color and use the right products. I wash about every 2-3 days but condition daily. Or I just Shampoo my roots and scalp only and then use a leave-in conditioner. I jsut love this color and I'm often sorry that I stray fromusing this.

and to note on someone turning their hair pink. Typically if you have had highlighting done or more Blonde in your hair, I can see that happening. this is a cool toned Red/Auburn color. It works well on those with naturally ashy colored hair tones. If you have a lot of gold in your hair, I think you may want to go with a Lighter auburn color. My hair is a ashy/Red as I get older with more gray of course..bleh. So this color really works for my natural color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by maryann1804

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why do I stray from this hair color, stupidity, curiosity?? All I know is I come back to it every single time. I've tried Loreal, Garnier, Revlon, Nice N Easy, Sally's.... You name it. This by far is the best. I'm 42 and have been coloring for at least 20 years. Now I color more to hide my grays. The cinnaberry color is to die for. People complaining about the red color, HELLO people, it's red. If you want a more subtle look, choose a different color! Anyway, the results, my grays are covered, color is gorgeous, hair is shiny and soft. Plus I get at least three weeks of gray coverage no less than when I spend $80.00 every four weeks at the salon! I gave that up a long time ago!!! Why pay that kind of money when you can get the same results. I hope to God this stuff never gets discontinued!!!! Plus there's always coupons for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Chocoaff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have naturally dark brown hair and wanted a change. A red color seemed the obvious choice for my pale skin and green eyes, but seeing as I had never dyed my hair before, I wanted some low commitment, which is where this came in. Let me just say, awesome color. At first, it was a pretty vibrant burgundy, especially under strong light. I loved it, because in the sunlight, it was especially vibrant, while looking more brown in inside light. Now, a month later, my hair is almost back to normal, a brown with reddish tones. A little too subtle for me. The stuff smelled amazing, however, floral and not chemically at all. Great, low-commitment. It faded a lot, but what can you expect from a color only made to last 28 shampoos? However, I loved the color! So I'll give Revlon's Medium Auburn a shot.

Overall, this gave me a very vibrant (albeit short lived) burgundy. Very gorgeous.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by LivinInFlipFlops71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is just a funny story. My sister and I used to color our hair all the time until she met her husband, Mr. Natural. She is now 100% color free. A few months ago she wanted to color her hair with a wash out just so she could have some color while her hubby was in the military. He wasn't coming home for 6 weeks so the timing seemed perfect. She choose Cinnaberry. HER HAIR WAS A DARK PINK! She naturally has light to med brown hair. We cracked up for hours! Sadly, it didn't all wash out in 6 weeks!! Oops.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ThatGirlWithTheEyeliner

Ok...Yes, this is on the more cool toned red side however, it does not turn your hair pink. Maybe if your hair was natually blonde it would, but not if you hair is anything brown or darker to begin with...just a burgundy-ish dark red color (pink and burgundy are no where near the same)...Yes, its a vibrant color - is it manic panic vibrant like some of these reviews are making it out to be? not even close. If you like bright slightly out of the ordinary but still within reason this is a fantastic color.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by iamgianna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have reddish brown hair (with the red slowly fading as I age!) I wanted to perk up some of the red in my hair so I tried the cinnaberry color. There isn't a hint of anything red in my hair. It's purply/burgundy and completely unnatural looking. Probably could have gotten the same effect from a bottle of merlot. Ugh.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by swtlildragonfly

For an at-home dye, this product is a bit on the pricey side. The condition it left my hair is probably worth the price. However, I'm not so sure about the actual color of the dye. My hair is naturally dark dark brown but I've dyed/bleached my hair so many times that the middle and ends are a light golden brown. On the packaging, it is a deep auburn, so I expected my hair to be a red-ish. However, it turned out more of a burgundy/pink color... I would buy again, but I don't think i would buy a shade meant for dark brown hair when my hair is mostly a light brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by xspookykittyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my regular haircolor along with NI Egyptian Plum. I use it in the Spring/Summer and go for Egyptian Plum during Fall/Winter. It's a great auburn shade that is bright enough for my taste but not so bright it looks fake (not that that's a bad thing in my book lol). Application is easy, and it only takes 10 minutes to develop though you can leave it on for longer if you'd like a deeper color, and it still won't hurt your hair. I quit using permanent color a while ago for the health of my hair and this is the best semi permanent I've found. The others like Jazzing, etc. are very runny and wash out a lot/stain things every time you wash, and they don't stay very long. This color also colors greys moderately well.