August 30, 2014 | 1746 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Totally Toffee

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THESE LIPSTICKS! The Maybelline Colorsensationals Lipsticks are fantastic. They have a faint sweet smell but I don't think they taste bad or waxy. The Totally Toffee is a great nude for my skin tone and is very versatile. I use it alone and also layer gloss on top. It just looks so great on. They don't dry my lips and are relatively long lasting. The pigmentation is very good and they are creamy. I am a huge fan of these and have multiple different colors in my make-up stash and am looking to add more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

As the name suggests its toffee colored. The make up artist from Maybelline suggests using this topped with Baby Lips in "Berry" for a natural finish. I did the same and loved the look. Its looks very modern. But it does dry out after a few hours. I did not find this a moisturizing lipstick. I do like the vanilla like scent tho`. The packaging is very light and travel friendly. The product is affordable, so cant complain much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by nsj123

I have been on the lookout for a nude lipstick for my skin tone. mac's Creme de nude, shy girl, revlon's soft nude, rimmel's undressed, all look so strange.
This is one of my favourite lipsticks now. Its so flattering. Id recommend it to all medium skin toned girls.
Im goin to get a backup of this <3

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by saraxxk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really love the texture of this lipstick , it is natural nude kind of color , it's neither chalky nor shimmery. and it's cheap probably because of it's cheap packaging which I don't really care as long as it doesn't break.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by sexykoala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks aren't really my favorite drugstore lipsticks. The Playdoh scent is a nuisance and most of what I own are drying on the lips. The only thing that draws me into the line are the nude shades.
With that said, Totally Toffee is a gorgeous warm, brown nude creamy lipstick for my NC30 skintone. It's not zombie pale and it's not 90s dark brown. No shimmers and no frost. It's a bit sheer and semi-glossy, similar to a Lustre finish by MAC. Oddly enough, this particular one didn't dry my lips out like the others in the line.
If you find Revlon's Soft Nude a bit too pale, try this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Totally Toffee is probably the best nude/MLBB I have found for me. It's even better than L'Oreal's Fairest Nude, which was my old favorite, HG go-to lipstick. Totally Toffee is a beige brown nude, with a slight hint of pink. No shimmer, frost or glitter. The lipstick itself is a very moisturizing formula, and wears long. I'm in the minority here, I know, but I like the smell! Lol. Smells like vanilla sugar cookie dough to me. The packaging, I will admit is ugly for these lipsticks. They are just blah to me. But, why focus on that when the lipsticks are so great? I haven't gotten one from this line I haven't liked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it is a close dupe for MAC's Hug Me. I love the texture of Hug Me but the color was a little darker than what I wanted - Totally Toffee fit the bill, color wise. It was only 5 bucks at Bed Bath & Beyond, btw (obsessed with their makeup section). I actually really like this one. Finding a good nude is hard - undertones play a huge part, in addition to the regular lipstick issues of texture, wear, etc. Totally Toffee wears evenly for a fairly long time, and the color stays true and flattering on me (olive skin). I think it's cooler with just a bit of warmth to combat dead-lips. It's not very drying, BUT it has this heavier texture that can look cakey. If you're not careful, it has that "pulled-in" effect, like it sucks in your lips so that they don't look as pouty and luscious as possible. So a lipstick off for that, but the color makes up for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I don't see any toffee with this lipstick, just light neutral pink. I wanted more of a brownish-nude but this colour shows up pale beige-pink. I really hate buying these lipsticks because the packaging is so cheap but I see such rave reviews on MUA. Totally Toffee is not a winner in my book. It feels a little dry and has a satin finish. It reminds me of Creme Cup and Brave mixed together. I do like that it does not give me corpse lips like most nudes. It's just warm enough to add some colour without washing me out. The Play-Doh/coconut scent is not so hot. Overall, not the worst shade, but not the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by aliora

The formula is wonderfully moisturizing, but the color didn't work for me. I'd wear it if I wanted to dress up as a zombie for Halloween because it makes me look dead. I don't know whether it's because I'm too dark for this lipstick (NC 35-40 Here) or whether the color is actually more cool than warm, but this came out looking completely ashy on me. It's a complete mystery because when I swatch it on my arm, it looks like it's suited for warmer skin tone. Once on my lips, the story is another matter entirely. Under florescent rather than natural light, the color definitely pulls towards the cooler end. Not for me, but it's a pity because I can't really use it and I still have so much of this tube left.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'd actually intended to buy Mauve it Over by Revlon but the salon I shop at was out of that. The sales agent suggested I try Totally Toffee. I'd never purchased anything from Maybelline before so I was reluctant: I'm more adventurous with my foundations than I am my lipsticks and for drug store I tend to stick with Revlon or Black Opal colours that I know work for me, but I got it and I'm glad I did! I wanted a nude lipstick and when I top it off with a taupe lip gloss that is exactly what I have. On it's own it's ok too, a sort of pinkish brown colour, which is ok with me depending on my make up look. Because it's brown/pink on me I can top it with a taupe, nude, brown or sheer pink gloss and change the look I get from it. Definitely will repurchase, I love it! Sort of reminds me of Stone Edge, a discontinued (why oh why do they discontinue the good stuff) Revlon shade.