Revlon Revlon Super Lustrous-Sassy Mauve

4.2

on 8/10/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I guess I didn't buy this before because I don't like the name, but the color is good. It's a perfect mauve, not too pink or purple. The creme formula is always creamy and full color. This shade reminds me of something MAC and Bobbi Brown have. I think it's even a dupe for MAC Syrup.

on 1/18/2013 9:13:00 AM

Let me start off by saying that I love the formula of this lipstick..its creamy and moisturizing. Sometimes I forget I have it on. Unfortunately this color only looks good on me when I pat it to my lips...if applied with a heavy hand the purple undertones shine through. I will purchase more colors from this line

on 10/22/2012 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love Revlon's SL lipsticks, but this one, though I think the color is flattering, didn't meld to my lips as I'd like. I'm a darker caramel lady, and I've seen this color look good on others my shade and darker, but on my heavily pigmented lips, it just looks like I slapped on some paint. Two lippies because the general formula is good.

on 10/18/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a MLBB nude pink mauvey color. Unfortunately, it's hard with drugstore brands since you can't swatch it and online the swatches tend to look different with skin tones and lighting... On me, Sassy Mauve looked more like a bright purpley mauve pink more than a mauve.

Pros:
Bright purpley mauve pink
Matte finish
Doesn't settle in creases
Long lasting
Not too drying

Cons:
Not true to color (darker than they appear in the tube and online swatches)
Drying needs lip balm
Only lasts 3-4 hours

EDIT: I use my Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Nude over my Revlon Super Lustrous Sassy Mauve for a lighter mauve pink color! It's beautiful!!

on 9/2/2012 11:55:00 AM

Way better than Mauve it Over on my NW20 almost black hair, brown eyed face, natural rosey lips. It is way more pink mauve than brown mauve and looks so much brighter & better than Mauve it Over did on me.

on 3/24/2012 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

love this shade! its usually around $8 around me but i got it on 40% off for round 4.50. i think this is a perfect pink for my skintone. Its fairly long lasting. the moisturizing aspect goes away after about 2 hours but it leaves the most amazing color on my lips. Love this lipstick

on 12/9/2011 2:23:00 AM

This lipstick is a pink with purple undertones. It's really pigmented and long-lasting. The only reason I rated it a 4 instead of a 5 because the color does not suit me perfectly. I have to do a light application because too much can make me look a bit dead. It's too cool toned for my skintone.
I think it would look great on someone with a lighter skintone though.

on 8/16/2011 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This lipstick looks a beautiful blue toned pink on me. Its very wearable. I usually just dab on a little for a pink stain w/ some lipgloss and that works best for me. If I smear/ glide it on, the blue undertones conflict with my olive-brown (tan?) south asian skin so I have to be careful. The texture is really nice though and I wish I could just swipe it and it would still look nice :(
Anyways, yeah i would recommend this one and I think most skin tones would be able to use it.

on 4/28/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been searching for years for a lipstick like this. Finally found the perfect shade for my coloring, which is very fair with barely pigmented lips. This shade looks like the color nature should've given me... like the rosey lips of a child. The price is great, the texture is light with no noticeable taste or scent.

This color makes it into my top 5 lipsticks of all time. Beautiful color just what I wanted. I do agree its very pink for a true mauve but i dont mind at all. Looks stunning on my NC 25 skintone. Its a creme finish and I love it soooo much <3

Popular Lipsticks