Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret

4.4

on 8/28/2013 8:08:00 AM

This is a little sweet and fruity, very feminine, airy and delicate. I can definitely smell berries and a citrus note initially, after a while this a beautiful warm floral. It does not last long though, which is a shame since this is a great fragrance that is easy to wear for day or night. A reviewer on another website said that it reminded her of pink lemonade...and I can definitely detect a pink lemonade note on the drydown.

One thing that does bother me is that the fragrance isn't really a memorable one. If I don't wear it for a few days then I tend to forget how nice it is and wear something else instead. It is only if the bottle is in front of me that I will keep it in mind, and then when I spray it again its like rediscovering the fragrance. I only have a sample size right now but will probably get a full size eventually.

on 4/20/2013 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have to admit I wasn't impressed with Ange ou Demon Le Secret at first. ''Oh, well, just another soft inoffensive fruity floral - no need for that'' until I was offered a mini and I liked it much more than I thought.

The top notes are yummy. Lemon and cranberry - fresh and a tad sweet. Then there are soft jasmine, delicate tea and a touch of peony blending in the composition. And maybe a trace of patchouli in the drydown. Not surprises here. Projection is rather low but it does last if you spray 10+ times. Yes I need to spray loads of it but won't ever become too much.

Overall I think among the flood of fruity-florals in the market it's one of the few that are well composed and stands out. The other I can think of is Chance eau Tendre. A solid ''like'' for me but not a love neither ''I MUST have it'' yet.

on 3/21/2013 2:32:00 AM

I was looking for a light jasmine fragrance for summer, and this won the contest. I didn't want anything too heavily floral or old-fashioned. Jasmine is usually equated with big white florals like Fracas, which is not my thing.

Ange ou Demon Le Secret is lightly floral in a relatable, modern, very commercial sense. The primary note is jasmine, but it's well-balanced with the other slight floral notes. The next note is I get is green tea. In fact, it reminds me very much of the aroma of good-quality loose jasmine tea. I get the sweet undercurrent but there's no a specific fruit that stands out, even though it's said to contain cranberry. I was surprised to find out that it contained blonde woods, but then I noticed that I do randomly get a whiff of that from time to time after the drydown. I don't get the musk at all.

The reason I can't give this a 5 is because it has NO staying power--not even on clothes or hair. I've had it for about a week and I'm down about 3/4" on the bottle already. At this rate, it'll be gone in about another month. That's ridiculous for this price, especially as it's supposedly and Eau de Parfum. I'm going to exchange it for Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir, which is stronger with much better staying power; and yet, my guy friends still liked it and described it as "light".

on 1/25/2013 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This perfume to me is a unique take on the typically fruity/floral fragrance. It is not such a popular perfume that everyone else has it and i like that. On me it smells like a crisp floral, I dont get too much sweetness from this. It is a light perfume in that it is not heavy in any way and the fragrance stays close to your body for an aroma as you pass but does not stick around in the air after you leave. On me it seems to last for over 8 hours and I can smell the light scent on my clothes the next day. Of course everyone's body chemistry is different but I don't have any problems with it wearing off quickly. (Which does happen to me with many other perfumes) I think the bottle, although nice to look at, is kind of awkward and seems to have some issues with staying upright in my cabinet. Overall I give it a 4 because it is kind of pricey, and the weird bottle shape kind of looks cheap but the scent itself is fantastic.

on 1/14/2013 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I simply love it ! The smell is perfect, even though i don't wear it everyday because it smells a bit cheap. It is true that it doesn't last, but still it is ok. I am not a huge fan of the packaging, i think the bottle is annoying... And the name sounds cheap also. But will definitely re-purchase.

on 1/12/2013 1:49:00 AM

I work at an Ulta store. I wore this as often as I could, until I realized it was time to stop using up all of our samples and get my own. Seriously addicted, and now I have others hooked as well! It is light and unique. Certainly something that transitions from day to night really well! I wish it lasted a little longer considering its price! Yet, it is still worth it for sure!

on 1/2/2013 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

At first you love the fresh and light lemony scent
of this perfume, it reminds me of Jasmine or Vanilla tea but it only last for 30 minutes maximum !!!!
For that price i expected a long lasting perfume.
Absolutely this is a no no for me .. really disappointed !!

on 11/11/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can go into great detail about the notes and the aura of this perfume. But there is no use because it disintegrates within 30 minutes of application. It doesn't even last on my clothes. Get it together, Givenchy! What a shame.

on 11/8/2012 4:28:00 PM

This perfume is very sensual and evokes feelings of love and fantasy. Makes me want to curl up to my man and have him lean into me and smell this perfume and tell me how heavenly I smell. This is a nice perfume for a date night or a night of clubbing, you can't go wrong. And yes, a definite recommendation from me!

on 10/8/2012 12:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My mom bought me this perfume as a present, for my 16th birthday.
The packaging is very nice and clean, I've got this bottle for like 2 years now and I still love it.
Definitely repurchase!