July 31, 2014 | 1282 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Mineral Lip Gloss

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by cynaga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tastes yucky compared to Philosophy and Buxom. Okay though and inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Dozastroze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this product simply because of the reviews on their website. The smell is subtle and the texture is nice not gritty like others have mentioned, I think the key to minimize the gritty feeling is to slough and moisturize your lips for continuous smoothness. The colors I purchased were 'Sorority Girl' and 'Trendsetter'- both looks great on tanned to olive skin plus $3 is an excellent price. The packaging resembles M.A.C. - give it a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

I have two colors, Wild and Sorority Girl. Neither color actually shows up on the lips. They both look pretty in the tube but when I put them on there is hardly any color on my lips. They are okay if you want a clear gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I have this in several colors:

Sorority Girl: Beautiful rosy pink color with gold shimmer
Pageant Princess: Light Barbie pink with gold shimmer
Trophy Wife: Clear with gold shimmer
Bare: Nude color with slight shimmer
Fierce: Corally pink color

I really like the formula/texture & colors. Makes my lips very smooth & hydrated, lasts for a good amount of time and is pigmented. One of my favorite glosses out of all that I own. Can't beat the price either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

NC35 here.

I got this in the color Daring, based on swatches on blogs and the ELF site. If I saw this in a B&M, I would never have bought it because it's a sheer shimmery bright cherry red in the tube. I prefer rose or mauve colors. However, since I knew it was sheer, I decided to keep and use it. On my dark lips, it's sheer with a slight raspberry tone. I am sure on chicks with lighter lips than me, it would look mighty purdy but on me, meh.

Pros:
1. Inexpensive
2. Clean, not cheap looking, MAC Lipglass-like packaging
3. Not too watery (I HATE that in a cheap gloss) and moisturizing
4. You get .21 oz
5. I see that most of the other reviewers say that it has no discernable scent. I agree. Sort of. I think I do detect a slightly sweet cherry(?) scent but I do have a sensitive nose. Anyway, it certainly doesnt have a strong scent whatsoever.

Cons:
1. Sponge wand dispenses little product so you have to apply numerous times to cover the lips. If you ever used Milani gloss, you know what I mean.
2. If this was a $1 gloss, I would rate it better but at $3 plus tax/shipping, I would much rather get a discounted Revlon SL gloss or a Bonne Bell Liplite for the same price.
3. For this shimmery color, I felt the gritty shimmer on my lips as SOON as I applied it. I wiped it off and looked at the napkin and I definitely saw LARGE chunks of sediment. I reapplied again and it did feel less gritty, altho it will dispense a large piece every once in a while. I actually noticed the sediment in the tube at once but thought it was my imagination because the gloss hadnt separated or looked old in the tube. I am not one of those who really complain about gritty feeling gloss but I can see it bothering others. I can deal with the feeling. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by drwholass1018

I quite like this product, especially as I was on the lookout for something that I could use as I am allergic to some lipglosses. I bought one clear gloss and one au naturale lip gloss. I really like the clear lip gloss, but I'm still a bit unsure about the other one. I thought it was a really good price, definately cheaper than some lipglosses which I was allergic to so that was a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Twentysevenjo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this during the 60% off sale. They were sold out of the pale pink color that i wanted, so I randomly bought "Wild", which is a sheer hot pink color. I really like it, even though it's not something I would normally wear. It looks good over nude lipsticks, which is how I've been using it. Plus this is a great, natural lip gloss & not sticky at all. No toxic chemicals and no parabens, so I feel great about using it. I can't wait to try other colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

Picked this up during the 60% off sale. This is a great non-sticky lip gloss. Pick this up if you are a lip gloss lover - you will not be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by crimrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this in Fierce and loved it. I took off one lippie purely for the poor colour representation on e.l.f.'s website. This is more of a coral-pink colour, not much red in it, unlike the photograph on the site. However, that said, I do really like the colour. It looks a bit Barbie-pink in the tube but goes on more sheer, while still maintaining pigmentation.
The best quality of this lip gloss is its total lack of stickiness. The texture of this lip gloss is great, the best I've ever used (the main reason I generally dislike glosses as a rule is because of stickiness). It's not a bit sticky, and I would certainly repurchase this. Also, it doesn't have the funky smell of some of e.l.f.'s other glosses (like the hypershine gloss, hate the smell). The only real con is the colour representations online, but most of the time e.l.f. has nice colours anyway, so it's not such a big deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm very happy with this gloss. I have it in Trendsetter and Pageant Princess, and both colors are pretty sheer. I love the feel of this gloss, and it's not sticky. An for $3, you can't ask for much more than that!