Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 5/24/2014 12:06:00 PM

This is overall just an awful foundation. I was pretty excited about the staying power claims but I only wore this foundation for a single day and had terrible breakouts all over my face. As another reviewer said, these were not minor breakouts, I'm talking angry, red and painful. I usually do not like returning things but I did take this back to Ulta because I was not going to hang onto it. I am acne prone and have had reactions to foundations before, but never anything this bad.

I am an NC 25 and purchased it in Natural Beige. It was a good match and covered redness, breakouts, etc. extremely well. However, it does tend to look cake-y and my skin felt greasy the entire time I wore this foundation despite the fact I set it with a powder and blotted throught the day (I wore it through an 8 hour work day and to a party afterward and my skin was shiny by hour 4-5).

on 5/24/2014 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

On the plus side this foundation has great coverage, and although I'd question the 24 hour claim it lasted throughout several 8 hour days without touch ups. Unfortunately, the cons outweighs the pros. First and foremost, this foundation made my relatively clear skin break out terribly; I'm not talking a few pimples, I'm talking about 20 over the course of the 3 weeks I used it. As always the lack of pump caused a few issues. I also found the finish of this, even with a thin layer, to be on the cakey side. I have no issue with a matte finish but it almost looked powdery. If I were to ever use it again it would maybe be for a night out when I want that full coverage effect but it's definitely too clogging for regular use.

on 4/28/2014 6:01:00 PM

Lovely foundation, is a matte finish and blends in nicely. My only issues are the colour range as I wish there were a few more choices and also I do find the colour oxidises to a shade or 2 darker. Originally I used my mac prolong wear concealer with this foundation and hated the result due both products being a matte finish, my skin was left looking very powdery and dry. I now use a lighter concealer With this foundation and the finish is very nice.

on 4/21/2014 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Shade: sand beige

PROS:
- medium to full coverage
- nice staying power
- good for dry skin

CONS:
- not great for when my skin decides to get SUPER dry

on 4/17/2014 3:42:00 PM

For me, this foundation is a VERY close dupe for the MAC Studio FIx Fluid. I used the studio fix for many years, and i can honestly say i find the maybelline easier to blend and build. It works wonderfully, has insane staying power, and keeps my face looking matte all day. I also like to get a little bit on the back of my hand and mix equal amounts of it with the Maybelline Fit Me concealer to stipple in the areas where i have discolouration and need a little more coverage after the first layer of foundation is already on. The concealer helps it to build without getting cakey and dry, so for those of you who feel this product is hard to build without it looking cakey, try doing this and finishing it with a powder. You will adore this foundation even more!

on 3/18/2014 6:09:00 PM

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! This is probably one of the BEST drugstore foundations out there! It's gives you a flawless medium to full coverage and the finish of this foundation is FLAWLESS. It's matte and your skin just look soft. I have very oily, acne proem skin and this foundation doesn't control my oily. I get shiny about three-four hours late, but then I blot and re powder and it looks amazing! I love how this foundation doesn't look cakey at all like most drugstore foundation. The shade selection isn't really friendly. I got the shade natural beige and when I apply it, it's a perfect match, but after 1-2 hours later, it oxidizes and it looks like I have a fake tan on. I will go back and get the lighter shade, but over all, of you have normal skin, then you would LOVE this foundation!

on 3/13/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's alright but because I have oily skin I ind that it separates sometimes on my skin ..

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I admit, I LOVED this foundation! But It was turning orange on my face....I know this is my shade because I am not pale pale. Not one foundation am I the lightest shade, plus I am classic ivory in every other foundation from Maybelline. So around my lip area it looks like an orange foundation!! So horrible, This lasts maybe eight hours which is pretty good compared to others, and its pretty full coveraged, No pump..... So I am dumping it all over

on 2/23/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is not all that it claims to be. It is not, most importantly, 24 hour. Possibly my own fault for buying a foundation for normal skin knowing full well that I have oily skin but this really does not last any more than a few hours for me. As far as positives, it does give a flawless face to begin and it isn't over priced. I think this just isn't for my skin!

on 2/16/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this to replace my Cover Girl Outlast 3-in-1 foundation, since it was causing me to breakout. I don't think anything will replace that, but for around the same price point, this is close.

The colour matches my skin well, I'm around an NC42 and I got colour Honey Beige. The product blends very easily, but I find you need to do this quickly otherwise it starts to set. It doesn't keep me oil-free, nothing does, but it doesn't look cakey as the day goes on, nor does it when I first apply & set it with powder.

I'm not sure if I would buy it again, I may look for something else but so far its been pretty good.