October 25, 2014 | 1900 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Lover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been dying to try this blush since I'm obsessed with peachy tone blushes. Color is absolutely gorgeous on the pan, soft, milky, apricot color. It looks too soft to show up on the skin but it's very pigmented, only a dab will do the job. Due to the softness of the powder, there's a bit of fall out when using this product. I'm slightly disappointed the true color not lasting throughout the day but I have issues w/most blushes oxidizing on my oily skin so that's ok. This was my first Illamasqua blush and I can't wait to try more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by mysilentface

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surprised how flattering this color looked on me seeing as it looked a bit too orange for my liking. The overall quality is superb and I've yet to see any dupes for it. It's not the cheapest blush on the market. However, I think it's worth it because it's so pigmented that it'll end up lasting a you really long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I noted that I would buy this blush again, but I would probably never need to rebuy. It is very pigmented and I only need a dab and tap and I have more than enough on my brush. The color on me is very soft apricot. It lasts most of the day. It is easy to blend out...not powder-y and does not emphasize my pores or dry patches. I am NC20 with a definite light olive undertone and this color, lightly applied, looks quite natural on me. I like the fact that I can see the color through the clear window on top of the case, and it is fingernail friendly to open. Great product, expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for with these blushes. I have six of them now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

What makes Lover unique is there are not many pale apricot matte blushes on the market. Most brands choose to make them shimmery or more of a highlighting product. Lover is soft to the touch but buildable, and it's very pigmented. People say the packaging is bulky, but it's not. The way we pick things up with our fingers fits the shape of Illamasqua compacts. If you just grab the side of it to open it will open easily without ruining your nail polish. I can't say most packaging is that easy to open.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by 1hotchick909

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are by far the best blushes I have ever had. I have had more expensive high end brands to compare to, and nothing beats these. This blush is so incredibly pigmented. The texture is so silky, there's no fly away powder, and it blends on so nicely. The staying power is amazing, I've fallen asleep with it on and it was still there in the morning. I only need to just dab a brush with the product to apply, so it will last forever.
-Lover is gorgeous as well. It is an apricot-peach shade. On me it tends to look a bit more orange than peach, but still looks great on a cool skin tone

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

The formula of this blush is classic Illamasqua Ė outstandingly pigmented! The powder quality of the blush is butter-soft and just one gentle sweep picks up a ton of colour. I agree with the description, itís definitely a peachy-apricot that is neither orange nor coral. Itís also pastel bright, which results in a gorgeous fresh look on my cheeks.
It lasts all day long and doesnít fade in the slightest. A lot of reviews on Lover often compare it to MAC Peaches. Peaches is a true peach in my opinion, whereas Lover is more a pastel apricot-peach. I also own NARS Gilda, which is more of a coral blush with a strong peachy undertone. Oh and MAC Melba, which is a dirty peach Ė it has elements of pink to it that make it a peachy-pink. Not one of them is similar to Lover at all! Itís unique to my collection, and I love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used this for several days in a row now. It's different from what I expected. On my skin (NW10) it gives quite a bright flush. Pretty but IDK if I'd really consider it peach. Very flattering. I do like it a lot but I think I need to do a cheek comparison because I'm not sure if its much warmer than my pink blushes.
Super pigmented. I have 2 other Illa blushes so I'm used to the formula but this one still surprised me

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm NC35 with red (coloured) hair and some freckles. Lover is a warm apricot type powder blush. Which if anyone had suggest to me I would have though EW OLD LADY BLUSH ALERT, but actually it's gorgeous. It makes me look a bit more like a natural redhead and has something youthful and gentle about it. Like all illamasqua blushes, it comes in a black mac-esque package and is highly pigmented so you don't need much if you want a more natural look. LOVE THIS BLUSH!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by conilamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lover has been in my everyday makeup routine for the whole summer. Love Love Love this blush. A little goes a long way. It looks fresh on my NW 30 skin during the summer. If I ever hit pan on this one, I will run out and get a new one, but using it all summer long, I still have a lot. So i do think it worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great, pigmented blush. It's buildable, blendable, smells nice, not the greatest lasting power on me but ok (about 4hr). I'd call it a peachy orange, which on me turns orange. I was hoping for something with a little more pink in it to temper the orange. The color looks very very close to MAC Peaches or Style or L'Oreal Innocent Flush (those three are very similar to me). I'd say it's closest to Peaches though. It's less dirty than MAC Melba. It got returned because I have too many other blushes that look just like it. I still gave it a 4 because it's a great blush quality and use.