November 28, 2014 | 1378 users online

Loose Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - One Hot Minute

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by misskatiebyrne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. I use it every day over make up to give a slightly bronzed look. My only criticism would be the packaging as you can not see how much you have left and can be a little messy to apply. The brush works great if you use it like a fan on your face. Again a little to pricey for me but it does last a awful long time so it is a investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Senikxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this finishing powder! I use over dandelion with the slant brush and my skin looks amazing! I don't have any problems with mess from sifter and I will tell you why... Firstly do not remove the sticky label that covers the holes, instead get a pin/ needle and puncture tiny little holes within the larger holes. There is no product waste but to get the powder out you have to tap it fairly hard, I've not lost any product! Only thing I don't like is that I can't see how much is left so I pulled the sifter part off thinking there wouldn't be much left as I use everyday,, but it was full still... Ive had it a couple of months and it still looks full!! This really gives a lovely glow.. Don't overload on your face as it just won't look natural enough. I don't use to bronze only to glow.. This is my staple powder now :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by karafraser

First of all I have to say that I really love this product but the packaging is ridiculous. It comes in a little bronze tin (which, to give them their due, is very cute), you then open it up and it has a sifter covered by a bit of sticky black plastic and a plastic holder which contains a small black fan brush. You then have to shake some of the product out onto the lid (or whatever you have to hand). I'm not keen on this as it is messy and I always get too much or too little product. The thing that annoys me most about this is that it does not have any kind of cover for the sifter. A plastic cover that rotates round to either open or close off the holes would make this so much better. You have to reapply the plastic covering to stop this from going everywhere if you have it in your bag.

Despite this, the product is lovely. It is described as "rose-gold finishing powder" and i would say this is fairly accurate. I have used this lightly all over my face to finish off my makeup and it gives a lovely glow. Although it does not control oil very well so if you have oily skin it is probably best to use as a final step after your regular powder. My favourite use for this however, is as a bronzer. I have reasonably pale skin (I am between NC15 and NC20) and this is the perfect bronzer colour for me for everyday use / work. It is very subtle and does not look like I am obviously tanned / bronzed. This is perfect for me as i think some bronzers can look too much on my pale skin. It just warms up the colour of my skin enough to make me look healthy and i can build it up to a stronger colour if i want to. It does have shimmer in it but this is very subtle and not noticeable (there are no chunky bits of glitter).

I love this product and will definitely repurchase. Although if your skin is too much darker than mine it may be a bit too subtle for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whim. As I always do with Benefit. Something about the brand just draws me to it everytime I go to sephora, ulta, or any other department store. One Hot Minute is a shimmery rose gold loose powder that I use to highlight my face. I have light-med skin, and this works best as a all-around face highlighter. Its very pretty on, but the hassle of using the product is a bit too much for me. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by TheMakeUpMaster

this is a great bronzer for anyone with fair skin that doesn't want to look like an umpa lumpa and that wants just a hint of colour.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I suddenly decided that I had to have this product, I find this often happens with benefit, I know in my heart of hearts that their products are gimmicks but sometimes even that isn't enough to stop me. I purchased it on a whim.
I am pale and quite sallow with dark hair and hazel eyes just for reference.

Ok so one hot minute comes in a pretty bronze screw top tin, it has a brush included within the tin that sits on to of a plastic insert, just a word of warning, if you've just bought this, KEEP the plastic insert otherwise it will make a huge mess! I find the brush which is a small plastic fan brush is not that good, it's ok in a pinch, but i don't find it easy to blend with.
The product itself is a loose powder and it's dispensed via a sifter, I'm very much not a fan of this technique, I find it messy and time consuming to get just the right amount and not spill it everywhere etc etc. I sort of think for a product called "one hot minute" it should be travel friendly and easy to apply right?

The powder is a soft rose goldy colour, it's very very subtle and it's lovely for pale people, I like to apply it with a fluffy brush for a soft glowy finish but overall I only rated this a 3. This is partly for the reasons above and also the price, and well, it basically just isn't all that. Don't get me wrong it's not a terrible product, and I can see why it's been rated a 4/5 overall, but in a world full of highlighters, bronzers and things designed to give you a glow, i just found this one too expensive, not portable enough and a bit too time consuming - plus, although the result I get is nice, it is VERY subtle, you have to keep piling it on if you actually want to see a huge difference by which point your skin has got a metallic sheen rather than a glow.

I do find that this powder works well as a subtle highlighter/bronzer for pale skin, bet it would look stunning on tanned skin too but it's not really a MUST HAVE product. I sort of thought this would be a go to, an "in a rush" product, a glow in a tin... but then that's what benefit wants you to believe isn't it. You can get far cheaper that gives the same effect, and is pressed to boot so you can tote it around on holiday. I guess as a positive I do like the smell quite a lot, but it's not really a reason to buy it.
I will use this up as a highlighter for my face and body in the summer, but will I buy again?? Nope. Would be nice to take this away with me when i go on holiday, but I really would like a pressed, mirror compact.

I think if you are planning on buying this, just be aware of what it is, and what it isn't first.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a contour colour/product and was having a problem being so fair skinned (NW15-20). A lot of cult favourites from high-end like Nars Laguna and various mac products to drugstore stuff like Physicians Formula bronzing palettes just didn't work on me as they either looked like a dirty smudge, super orange, ridiculously glittery, or a weird combination of the 3. While there is a shimmer in OHM, as the product is so finely milled, you only get a very natural and subtle looking glow on your skin. This colour is a decent contour colour match for me and I`m quite pleased with it despite it not being matte. While it was quite pricey, I have to take into consideration I`m buying from within Canada where everything is always more expensive and this product will seriously last me for quite a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by minnie157

I got this bronzer for free, cause benefit and myer were doing a nifty deal. Having said that, I really hadn't heard of it, thus, no accompanying expectations.

The PROS:
The specks of glitter is jarring at first. I'm no drag queen or show girl, I don't want to look like a walking disco ball, however I will say that, when worn 'One Hot Minute' provides a lovely rosey sheen, with a subtle shimmer!

It is one of the most blendable bronzers EVER, making it very natural looking, unlike others that leave you looking like over baked orange women who fell asleep in the solarium.

The packaging like, most benefit products, is gorgeous. I'm a sucker for sleek, sophisticated packaging.

The colour was very soft and light, so you could build it up gradually and have a lot of control over it. BUT that having said...I bring you..

the CONS:

Th pigmentation was so light, that it took a lot of time, mess, and violent brush movements to slab on enough for you to notice any difference on your face.

The small brush that comes with it, while is adorable and 'seems' convinient, is nothing but "One Hot Mess". The bristles don't do an ace job of holding the bronzer particles, so you're left with half of it on your shirt/table/counter. So i use my own brush.

I also suggest you don't throw this baby around in your bag, because the particles are so fine that the roll, fall and splatter all over the palette and create a huge mess when opening. If you're going to bring it about town, i suggest you open and apply it in a bathroom, or a 'cleanable' space, not your lap on a train.

Due to the mess and fuss, this isn't one to use in a rush. But if you've got the time, or more makeup handling skills than I, go for your life. It's quite a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by PurpleReign

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only bought this product because I can get it cheaply on eBay. I'm very fair and it gives me a nice blush which is not too dark like most blushers are. Would definately recommend that you buy this. One downside is the brush, you should use your own one!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Katy21

One hot minute is truly a beautiful product. The rose-gold finishing powder is well-pigmented and finely-milled. Adds beautiful colour to my fair skin in winter and also gives a gorgeous glow in the summer when I'm tanned. I imagine it would look amazing on darker skin. As this product is shimmery (but not sparkly) I mostly reach for it in the evening, either on it's own or layered over peach blush or a matte bronzer. Cute, vintage inspired packaging as always from Benefit. The 'sifter-guard' has ensured one tin has lasted me over a year (with regular use). A definite re-purchase.