October 23, 2014 | 1016 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - High Resolution - Refill 3x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I usually do not write in response to other reviews but I have to say that I love this product. I am older than the prior reviewer and so I am sure my skin needs much more hydration and "help" than hers but I have had no trouble with allergic reactions to this and find it works well to keep my complexion soft and well moisturized. I keep it cold in the fridge ( as I do the other moisturizers I use ) and find that it feels wonderful when put on just before I apply make up. I think this could be one of those products unique to every user - which can be problematic considering its cost. For me, it works well.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by iloveyourstory

Wow this product broke me out badly!! It was so bad it was straight up painful. Dunno what the deal was but I didn't stick around to find out, tossed it in the trash. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by compassionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a .5 oz sample of this in a Lancome GWP. I used up the entire thing (lasted me almost 3 weeks - a little goes a long way). It's ok, I didn't love it. I do feel like it moisturized my skin well, but unfortunately it also seemed to leave behind residue/build-up, and I can imagine this clogging pores or causing trouble for those who are acne-prone. I much prefer Lancome's Absolue mosturizer to this (HG for me). However, it's not a bad product overall, just not something I would ever spend money on.

On the plus side, everytime I wore this to bed my fiancee commented on how good I smelled. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2011 9:03:00 AM More reviews by MakeupNeophyte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not that person that writes reviews, but I had to tell others that this cream is awful. It irritates my eyes all day, to the point of tears. I am so disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by LarkBea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love this product!

I have very fair, combination skin and this cream is perfect for me. At 59, I am also getting a fair share of wrinkles and the product really does work in reducing them as well as evening out my skin tone. It is not heavy nor does it make my skin break out, unlike so many other creams. I got a sample at Macy's, given to me by a very knowledgeable Lancome rep after she patiently listened to my tales of woe about my skin. I came back the following week to purchase the full-sized jar.

Make no mistake, it's pricey, but worth every penny, in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

(My skin condition, fair skin tone, acne prone, combination)

Before trying HR Refill 3x, I was totally skeptical about the whole HR series. Why? Because I had horrible experiences with HR eye-cream and the serum. *I've review the HR eye cream, very upset with it. It didn't even moisture my eye area, instead it sting, made my eyes worse, and many reviewer agreed with me! The HR serum also felt very uncomfortble on my skin, not to mention it break me out.*

I was giving this as a sample, I didn't even want the HR cream but the sales lady ran out of Renergy sample so all I can take is this.

After about 2 weeks of usage, I have confident to declare the whole High Resolution refill isn't suitable for sensitive or acne prone skin type. My skin starting to have pimples... just like the time when I tried the serum. The cream contain unbearable scent and linger for quite a long time. I normally LOVE most of Lancome scent and fragrance, except this one. It does moisturize, but my skin can't breath well afterward, the cream basically stay on your skin and this doesn't happen in other Lancome product.

I've tried and love many Lancome moisturizer, from Primordiale skin recharge night *currenly my favourite, feel free to check my review!*, Genifique Nutric *the new red version*, Renergie *the new version*, Muti-Vitae *both day and night version*, Hydra Zen *cream -gel version* to the discontinue Aqua Fusion Cream-gel. Every line work BETTER then High Resolution Refill!! At least they smell nicer, moisture better, skin breath better afterward and they sell cheaper! (Except Renergie lines which I only use it because I got the samples)

I also don't believe HR has the strong potential to boost the synthesis of the three natural skin fillers Ė collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. The problem is common to all anti-aging cosmetics: if they really do have a radical effect on the skinís cells, and change the way skin looks and functions long-term, then they would cease to be a cosmetic and would have to be regulated by the much stricter rules applied to drugs.

One more funny thing... if you ever log on official FRANCE Lancome website, they don't even carry HR refill3x series!! This somehow prove me even the "original" Lancome "Paris" doesn't support this HR line, or else why would they not carry it? (They have pretty much every single Lancome products except, HR refill and whitening line) **Asia countries doesn't carry any of the HR products too!!**

Overall, I will definitely not buying or even get samples from this line. If you like Lancome anti-aging product. Primordiale, Genefique or Renergie work MUCH better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I did not purchase this, but received a few .5 oz jars from a MUA friend to test out. To begin, I really do like this. It provides sufficient moisture for my combo/oily skin, without making it any greasier---this is probably due to the silicone. It applies easily, but does have a strong fragrance. The scent is pleasant, however, it does linger for quite some time and can be irritating to those sensitive to fragrances.

I don't know if this really does help with anti-aging, but it did lessen my morning routine---rather than applying a serum, moisturizer, sunscreen and then primer, all I use is this. It moisturizes, has spf (although not much) and creates a smooth, silky canvas for foundation which adheres nicely.

The price tag may be a tad high, but if I can eliminate purchasing a serum, moisturizer, SPF and primer for this one product, it is worth it. I will keep using this until I finish my supply adn will update my review in terms of anti-aging aspect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Tigerlilyfeet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a trial size of this free as GWP and while I'm no expert on moisturizers for wrinkles this stuff is the shit!
I've been using it for about a week and started it right after an intense chemical peel. I've never found a moisturizer that soothes my skin as much as this one has! It's almost as if my skin just drinks it like water, then glows with vitality. I've also noticed fine lines around my mouth and eye area have disappeared almost overnight. It hasn't broke me out either like most moisturizers do. I think it's way too expensive and would be a bit hard for me to justify purchasing, but being the cat I am I probably will!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product didn't really impress me. I have dry to combination skin at the moment and I just didn't feel like it moisturized my skin enough. I also have a couple fine lines in a few spots and it didn't really seem to do much for them either. Although I did only use up the .5 oz GWP size bottle...maybe you need to use this longer to see results. It did smooth on really nice and seemed to absorb alright. I still won't be purchasing this product in the future as I'm sure there is something that will work faster and better at a cheaper price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by vivian1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

too expensive.
in canada, it retails $94 for a 50ml bottle.
not worth that kinda of money. it is smooth and absorbs well, but for $94, I can buy more luxury facial creams than lancome.
i.e. i rather spend $100 on SKII products.

$100 wasted for me, will not return to buy again.