Maybelline Color Sensational Pink Me Up

4.3

on 3/2/2013 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I use this as a cream blush. It gives a great natural looking flush and lasts pretty long. The color is a muted mid-toned pink. On my lips, it looks okay but it settles into the lines of my lips. The color on my lips is also nothing special. But a lot of lipsticks do that, I don't know why. I exfoliate and moisturize them.

on 2/26/2013 6:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this lipstick because of the shade, texture, and staying power. It's one of my favorite lipsticks and is a classic "my lips but better" shade. This color seems comparable to Revlon's "Pink in the Afternoon" shade, because they are both warm-toned, neutral pinks. For reference, I'm very pale with freckles and it's pretty hard to find neutral lipstick shades for my skintone.

Shade- like said above, very warm-toned and neutral, perfect for everyday wear and across seasons. I really like how this shade would fit summer (the pink sort of pops in a very subtle way) and winter (it's a very deep, vintagey sort of pink). It manages to make your lips stand out while at the same time being very neutral and subtle. For reference, while I haven't tried this yet, this shade would probably match very well with Rimmel's lip pencil in Eastend Snob. No shimmer as far as I can tell.

Application/texture- I combined these because they're sort of the same- the texture of the lipstick directly affects how it applies. And the application/texture is FANTASTIC! So creamy and easy to apply without being overly creamy and messy! It seriously is the perfect texture and applying it couldn't be more easy to work with. So often I buy lipsticks from the drugstore and have to return them because the texture isn't right- either it will make my lips look more chapped or sink into the cracks and make them stand out, and the color won't even really absorb. Thankfully this exceeds that and more.

Lasting Power- one of the best out of any lipsticks I've tried. It literally lasts all day, and even after hours and hours of wear it will leave a faded, neutral stain on the lips, basically just a more subdued look. I love how it feels on my lips too- not only does it not dry out my lips at all, but it actually seems to moisten them and feels so light and moisturizing while I'm wearing it!

Overall I highly recommend this lipstick! :)

on 2/17/2013 11:54:00 PM

I have a few lippies from this line because I like that there's no slippage in the formula, so no bleeding into corners. It's texture reminds me of a lip liner in a lipstick format. Compared to other lipsticks, it doesn't glide on as easily and you have to apply more pressure (not a lot but more so than a nyx round lippie). It has very good lasting power (about 6 hours on me with minimal eating & drinking) and wears down to a stain.

Another reviewer hit it directly on describing the color--a brighter medium pink with a slight coral tone. I went into the store looking for a mlbb lippie and I blame the lighting in the store in making me think this lipstick was a pink brown. Though it wasn't what the color I was searching for, this is a great color when I want a pop of color. Goes very well with my pale skin without screaming "look at my lips!"

on 12/5/2012 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love the finish of this lipstick! The color is also very flattering, dusty pink, No shimmer, no glitter, nothing..Great for everyday!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Pink Me Up is a nice satin finish, dusty pink lipstick. It's very pigmented and flattering. It's a great neutral every day shade. I wish I could give this lipstick more love but I'm more of a baby pink or fuchsia girl.

on 5/1/2012 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful shade of pink, very flattering! This is a fairly neutral color and I've seen it look good on a lot of different looking people. A nice pop of color that isn't too far from natural. Great for everyday. I can't get enough of this color. Would definitely buy again.

Just so people know, there is a slight scent to this line of lipsticks, comparably subtle and reminiscent of mocha. Usually scents really bother me, but this one isn't too bad. If the L'oreal fragrance is a 10 in intensity of odor, the Maybelline one is like a 1 or 2. To me, it's absolutely worth the gorgeous color.

I LOVE THIS! I'm not really a lipstick fan, I prefer the sheerness of a gloss. After reading rockstardiaries blog and saw that the woman ALWAYS wore this gorgeous pink, I took the plunge and purchased it.. I am so glad that I did. It is perfectly pigmented with many skin tones.. Extremely flattering. If you are looking for a pop of pink that is not over-the-top. LOVE IT

on 3/24/2012 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I loooovee this. It has become my everyday lipstick.
Color: A slightly warm toned medium pink color.
Finish: Not shimmery, but not completely matte. Looks like a natural lip texture.
Very pigmented. For everyday wear I just lightly pat this on, but it can easily be built up. I think this would look good on several skin tones. I'm around a NC30. This automatically brightens my whole face in the most natural way, and it isn't drying at all. The packaging is cute as well. I would re-buy in a heart beat.

on 12/30/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

COLOR: light-medium, warm-toned pink, with a slight touch of coral
TEXTURE: smooth and creamy
FINISH: smooth, but flat (not matte) and one-dimensional, no shimmer, not glossy
It's a beautiful color, but doesn't work on my NC42 skintone. I'm not sure that its so much the actual color, but rather the finish. The finish was somewhat problematic for me, both with this shade and 'Make Me Pink'. Since they were flat, it looked kind of like play lipstick on me - but I think it's just me, as I know this finish works well on others. As mentioned, the other pink shade I purchased was 'Make Me Pink' and it's more cool-toned and pastel than this shade, but still pink (for anyone debating colors).

I should add that this product has good color payoff, and feels very nice when you have it on. Staying power is average. I will purchase more in different shades (and have already!)

on 11/11/2011 2:04:00 AM

The color sensational lipsticks are nothing new in America, but darn Asia just launched them few weeks ago. I quickly found some reviews on them, and just about every one of them is POSITIVE… well, I just had to get one and try. I got one from the pink range in ‘pink me up’. My first impression is WOW I understand why everyone is raving about them, the lipstick is comparable to MAC and Bobbi Brown (even just dapping the lip color on the color clearly shows up, and it’s quite opaque when layered).

‘Pink me up’, I would presume can be flattering on people of different skin tones. Unlike ‘Peachy scene’ which I intended to purchase had a sheen / a gloss finish to it (I don’t like shiny finish), ‘Pink me up’ has a matt finish on the lips. Compared to ‘make me pink’ which I also swatched in store, is a more pastel pink, I just dnt like pastel colors or any kind when it comes to makeup (unless it is a highlight color).

Love the shade ‘Pink me up’. I have yet to try others. Too bad there’s very few to select from in Hong Kong.

Popular Lipsticks