April 21, 2014 | 1098 users online

Treatments - Hard As Hoof Nail Strengthening Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

At US$4.95 for one ounce, this has to be one of the best bargains around. Creams work better for my nails and cuticles than oils (probably because creams contain water, the ultimate moisturizer). I use Hard as Hoof during the day because it's not thick or greasy, and Dior's Creme Abricot, a thicker, greasier cream, at night. Only a tiny bit of Hard as Hoof is necessary to moisturize nails and cuticles, but I do reapply it frequently. My nails have a tendency to be dry, but they're less dry with Hard as Hoof.
It can be difficult to find Hard as Hoof, but WalMart carries it both in-store and for online ordering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, yes, yes I would buy it again. I think I would stockpile it--if it is ever discontinued. I don't understand how it can make your nails stronger in a few days when it takes months to grow them from base to free edge, but the moisture it gives is awesome. It absorbs very quickly and makes your skin and cuticles soooo soft, and stops the cracking I get on my fingertips in the wintertime. I use a tiny amount usually 3x a day and the jar lasts me a few months. The smell is lovely......I do wish it came in a pump bottle.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by lit0laura

Oh my oh my, is this product wonderful.

My nails never really split or cracked easily, but they would bend when they got longer and that always bothered me. Bought this at my Walmart for 5 bucks, and this is probably the best 5 bucks i've ever spent. Seriously. The first three days or so I got a little over excited, so I applied this about 5 times a day. After only three days, my nails were already stronger. They were a bit longer at the time, and they stopped bending. This stuff is AMAZING! Recommend to everyone! Even if your nails aren't weak, this stuff works great for your cuticles. My cuticles and nails look beautiful, thanks to this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE THIS. Made my weak peely nails strong and beautiful. Absorbs quickly/doesn't feel greasy, smells amazing (cherry almond) and just works really well. I also like that it can be used on bare nails or polished nails. Plus it's only about $5 and even if using twice a day the jar will last a long time. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by ABrushWthBeauty

I like to use this cream on my nails in conjunction with a cuticle oil (usually Essie Apricot or Nailtiques). This does a great job of keeping my nails hydrated with the top 4 ingredients being water, aloe, jojoba oil and glycerin. Also provides a combination of proteins to strengthen my nails and it does! On top of that, I'm completely addicted to the almond smell. Home run...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by glduran

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My nails are weak and peel easily. I love manicures, so I have tried just about every brush on treatment out there. They all peel off my nails.
But today, I bought my second jar of Hard As Hoof. On a whim, I had some really horrible acrylic nails put on last March, and knew I'd be in trouble when I took them off. I found this at Wal-Mart, and bought it out of desperation.
It works! My nails actually grow past my finger tip! As long as I remember to use at least twice a day (the jar says 3x) I'm good to go. The smell is kind of almondy. It doesn't sink right into the nails, you have to work it in, but it's just like using a cuticle cream or oil. I won't go without it again, unless it stops working. I can't tell you how nice it is to have some length on my nails. They grow fast, and now I can have pretty nails!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by AllyLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hard as Hoof is definitely one of my HG products that I can't live without. Before I figured out my nail routine to what it is now, I had splitting, chipping, cracking, and peeling nails that wouldn't grow very long. My nails would bend quite easily because they were very fragile and thin. I could only get about a maximum of 2mm free edge but after using this cream my nails have free edges of about 4-5mm long and I have to file them down to keep them this length because they haven't broken. My peeling, splitting, and chipping went away but my thumb nails still crack on the side once in a while because of hitting the mouse on my trackpad and the space bar. My nails are so much harder and stronger now but still have enough flexibility in them so they don't break if I hit them against something. I think that using HAH with Mavala Scientifique has been the cure for my nails and what's gotten them to the gorgeous state they're in now. I highly recommend this product. It worked for me so I hope it works for you too - if it doesn't then it's no big deal because it's $5-8 at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Lilo1988

After hearing such good reviews I thought i'd give it a try as my nails are in such bad condition! I've never been able to grow them past a few mm at best before they peel or tear and they are so dry it's unreal! Bare in mind I have only been using this for 5 days. I've found that It feels nice when it's put on and even when it's soaked in it looks good for a bit but it doesn't last long my nails look dry about an hour afterwards, as I haven't been using it long I will continue to use and see if there is any improvement. My cuticles though are in great condition now! My nails are still starting to peel but again I haven't used it very long! It's a bit pricey if it DOESN'T work but for those it did work for its a good price!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by kizer08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product my nails were always breaking and it really helped them grow and get stronger. I use to buy it at walmart but they have been out of it lately so i got online at i need beauty.com. I would recommend it to anyone with weak nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Ebafahy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this product for 1 day and I must say, i already LOVE IT. I took off my arcrylic nails last week and my natural nails have been horrible, very weak and tearing. I went to google for help and this product popped up. I figured with such good reviews, and for only $5 at WalMart, it was worth the try. Let me start by saying the scent is amazing! Its a white cream and I rubbed it into my nails and cuticles. It absorbed very quickly, not greasy at all. It didnt take much either, its a small jar but I can see it lasting a very long time. its been about a day and I can already see a difference. I gave it a 4 so far because its only been a day, but I am excited to see what this wonderful product can do in more time. Id definitely recommed and i will be buying it again.