August 1, 2014 | 938 users online

Treatments - Hard As Hoof Nail Strengthening Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by corrineinwa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been holding back with a review on this product but after 6 weeks, I'm convinced that it's earned it's place in my arsenal of nail care products.

My nails are definitely harder (my work requires a lot of hand washing) and as it's the only product that I've introduced over the past few weeks, I know that Hard as Hoof is responsible.

It doesn't leave a greasy residue which is important for daytime use but I don't know that it's particularly moisturizing for my cuticles. That wasn't why I bought it so it's a non-issue.

And the price can't be beat - under $5.00/1 oz tub from Walmart can't be beat. I've been pretty liberal with the stuff including using a cotton bud to get it under my nails as recommended but I've barely made a dent in the tub.

The only downside is the smell. I find the faux almond/cherry pretty nasty when I open the pot but thankfully, it dissipates somewhat on the nails.

Regardless, I'm convinced this has had a beneficial effect on my nails and they're now longer than they have been in years.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by dyanp989

Shocked at how quickly this work. Never had success growing my nails before.

My breaking point always cut into the nail bed. When i'm hard on them now, they still peal a bit and i had one break, but it was well past the uck and ealy fixable. HG

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After searching multiple walmarts for over a year I finally found it!! I wanted to buy two because this is so hard to find in my area. But that seemed a bit excessive for something I wasn't sure about yet.

Now that I've been using it for a week or so, I can say that I love it!! It's amazing! My cuticles have never looked better. And my nails are getting stronger. I can feel the new resistance. I use this over my CND Solar Oil, and they play together nicely. I also use this as an over night treatment. Fill my cuticles with it, throw on cotton gloves and in the morning they are nice and soft! It moisturizes wonderfully! And the smell is a very light, but sweet cherry almond!! It is a little thick but you only need a tiny bit! This 1oz. Jar should last a while! It melts into my skin quickly and doesn't leave me feeling greasy! Definite repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I said no for repurchase, only because I have a thousand other oils and creams to use up. This stuff smells great - cherry almond! It's rather waxy though so I only use it before bed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

At US$4.95 for one ounce, this has to be one of the best bargains around. Creams work better for my nails and cuticles than oils (probably because creams contain water, the ultimate moisturizer). I use Hard as Hoof during the day because it's not thick or greasy, and Dior's Creme Abricot, a thicker, greasier cream, at night. Only a tiny bit of Hard as Hoof is necessary to moisturize nails and cuticles, but I do reapply it frequently. My nails have a tendency to be dry, but they're less dry with Hard as Hoof.
It can be difficult to find Hard as Hoof, but WalMart carries it both in-store and for online ordering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, yes, yes I would buy it again. I think I would stockpile it--if it is ever discontinued. I don't understand how it can make your nails stronger in a few days when it takes months to grow them from base to free edge, but the moisture it gives is awesome. It absorbs very quickly and makes your skin and cuticles soooo soft, and stops the cracking I get on my fingertips in the wintertime. I use a tiny amount usually 3x a day and the jar lasts me a few months. The smell is lovely......I do wish it came in a pump bottle.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by lit0laura

Oh my oh my, is this product wonderful.

My nails never really split or cracked easily, but they would bend when they got longer and that always bothered me. Bought this at my Walmart for 5 bucks, and this is probably the best 5 bucks i've ever spent. Seriously. The first three days or so I got a little over excited, so I applied this about 5 times a day. After only three days, my nails were already stronger. They were a bit longer at the time, and they stopped bending. This stuff is AMAZING! Recommend to everyone! Even if your nails aren't weak, this stuff works great for your cuticles. My cuticles and nails look beautiful, thanks to this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE THIS. Made my weak peely nails strong and beautiful. Absorbs quickly/doesn't feel greasy, smells amazing (cherry almond) and just works really well. I also like that it can be used on bare nails or polished nails. Plus it's only about $5 and even if using twice a day the jar will last a long time. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by ABrushWthBeauty

I like to use this cream on my nails in conjunction with a cuticle oil (usually Essie Apricot or Nailtiques). This does a great job of keeping my nails hydrated with the top 4 ingredients being water, aloe, jojoba oil and glycerin. Also provides a combination of proteins to strengthen my nails and it does! On top of that, I'm completely addicted to the almond smell. Home run...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by glduran

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My nails are weak and peel easily. I love manicures, so I have tried just about every brush on treatment out there. They all peel off my nails.
But today, I bought my second jar of Hard As Hoof. On a whim, I had some really horrible acrylic nails put on last March, and knew I'd be in trouble when I took them off. I found this at Wal-Mart, and bought it out of desperation.
It works! My nails actually grow past my finger tip! As long as I remember to use at least twice a day (the jar says 3x) I'm good to go. The smell is kind of almondy. It doesn't sink right into the nails, you have to work it in, but it's just like using a cuticle cream or oil. I won't go without it again, unless it stops working. I can't tell you how nice it is to have some length on my nails. They grow fast, and now I can have pretty nails!