Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

4.2

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

on 2/3/2014 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Once again, I got suckered in to buying S&G because of the cute packaging! I think most S&G products have a weird scent that I find hard to describe - kind of chemical but it's light so it's not really unpleasant but definitely not pleasant either. I was very excited to give this product a try because I heard great things. I used it on my legs to exfoliate my dry winter skin. It felt a little harsh as I rubbed it on my legs but I didn't think much of it but as I began washing it off - my legs started burning horribly. I got off as much as product as I could, patted dry, and saw that I had painful red bumps all over. Obviously I had a bad allergic reaction that isn't necessarily characteristic of this product - but sensitive skinned people beware! Test this product on a small area prior to regular use (good general rule to follow anyway) just to be sure you won't had a bad reaction.

on 1/1/2014 5:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I am always on the look for the right body scrub and since I heard of so many good things about this Soap and Glory scrub I bought it and to be honest it's not that great.
I didn't really see much of a difference when it comes to my skin.
I think it's cheaper to just make your own scrub using brown sugar, olive oil and honey.

I won't buy this again.

on 12/8/2013 9:57:00 PM

I am already on my fourth container of this (I have been using it for forever). The smell is very overpowering but I LOVE IT. It is very grainy which is great at removing all dead skin but is also very moisturizing. If S&G ever decided to discontinue this product I would definitely stock up thats how much I love it

on 11/10/2013 7:06:00 AM

BEST FACE SCRUB EVER!!! I've tried this on my body and the results were kinda disappointing...I think it's too gentle for my body skin, even though it's dry...so I said why not try it on my face? BUT first I checked the ingredients and so I concluded it's absolutely acne-prone skin friendly! there are no comedogenic ingredients, so I used it on my face and I fell in LOVE with it! my skin felt so soft (due to the high amount of glycerin in it), supple and clean...and u get 300 gr for a ridicolous price, so it's a pretty great value for a face scrub! definitely gonna keep repurchasing it and use it only for my face...I'm not gonna repurchase expensive face scrubs ever again! the packaging is so cute..also there's written the PAO is of 24 months so u've got enough time to use it up before it expires, that also means it's kinda resistant to bacteries! amazing product, big amount for a small price! <3 THANK YOU SOAP & GLORY!

UPDATE: I keep using it once a week, no break outs! :)))

on 10/17/2013 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

actually i use this product to exfoliate my hands . it keep them very soft and smooth.
i dont use it on my body cause i feel it contains perfume .

on 10/9/2013 2:59:00 AM

This is my all-time favourite body scrub. I generally LOVE soap and glory, and almost all of their products. This scrub smells like heaven, but the smell can be a bit too much for some people. My skin feels very soft after I've used it, and it does not (in my opinion) cost you alot of money. I will keep buying this until they stop making it.

The scrub is coarse, and feels great on the skin, did a good job from what I could tell. The smell is VERY strong, and can be overpowering. I really enjoy this paired with the Righteous Butter after because it leaves me feeling very smooth.

on 7/1/2013 5:46:00 PM

Overall, I really do love this stuff. The ingredients it's formulated with are great and it gets the job done. I like how course it is because a lot of body scrubs I've used in the past are pathetically fine texture wise. I like the grain and consistency of this scrub. However, the smell is over powering. It is generally a nice smell but it's too strong! Phew! however, that is a minor complaint so I would buy this again. plus it lasts you such a long time! I've had it for about 1.5 years and I've only used 1/3 of it!

on 6/21/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I'm the kinda girl who on the day wants to spoil herself at the spa will automatically go for the body scrub. Ok, it's not as exciting as a mani/pedi and yeah, it can cost a bit more to get a scrub at the spa, but I love feeling freshly body polished, moisturizing body lotion smoothed on for me and being touchable soft for my man to spoil him a bit, too. :)

Personally, I like salt scrubs, the coarser the better, it makes me feel like it's really getting the job done and no wimpy fine barely there coarseness in a scrub would do the trick for me.

So to get the results at home when I don't have the $$$ or time to go to the spa to get this done, this Flake Away exfoliator is my go to brand for me. It has that coarse salt scrub consistency I love, it melts away with warm water and afterwards the moisturizing components make my skin feel smooth even before you add more lotion afterwards.

Once again, I'm big on reading ingredients and I was happy to see some lovely good for you stuff (peach seed powder, grape seed oil, Shea Butter (big yay from me on that one!), and Sweet almond oil.

I happen to like the scent as well, for me I would describe it as a combo of "clean and girlie" smelling.

In terms of price, it is around $18 at Shoppers Drug Mart, so I can't buy it all the time. Shea butter is more expensive so probably because this product has some good ingredients that's why it costs a bit more. Overall, that's still cheaper than a trip to the spa, when you want to treat yourself!

on 6/20/2013 2:44:00 AM

I've yet to find an S&G product which I can say I really like. I think one of the major issues for me is their signature scent which seems to span most of their range, but which I find quite off-putting. To me it smells musty, like wet clothes that have been left someplace dark to fester. But never one to be put off, I decided to try again and give this a go...

First off, this became known in our house as the body scrub that wouldn't die; no matter how much and how often I used it, it just didn't seem to go down any. I used to go into the bathroom every morning and stare at it accusingly, resenting the fact that it was taking up bathroom space other products could be using. There was even the suggestion that it magically replenished itself during the night, but I think the husband had been watching too much Harry Potter at that point!

Joking aside though, as body scrubs go this is a better-than-average one. The signature scent is still there, but the texture and exfoliating properties are actually pretty good. I tend to use this kind of exfoliator on my arms and legs as I find these are the parts that require it the most, and this did a pretty respectable job of getting rid of my flaky bits.

Application is also easy - take a handful, slap it on, rub it in to exfoliate, then rinse off. The mixture of shea butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar left my skin feeling lovely and soft, which meant I didn't need to moisturise my skin after use either.

A note of warning - this does leave a residue along with a little pile of grains behind in the bath/shower, meaning the surface under foot can get VERY slippery after use. I think this is due to the oils in the product, which is a good sign that they're not just being washed straight down the drain, but could result in an 'incident' if you're clumsy like me.