April 24, 2014 | 1905 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Katie

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Everything you'd think wouldn't work with this blush given a look at it in the packaging turns the opposite once you apply it! First of all, I'm always told by makeup artists to avoid cool blushers on my warm toned face but no warm toned blush ever looked as good on me as this very cool blush does. The color, when applied, looks somewhat unnatural and very pink but in a way that it gives me a healthy, rested and fresh look. It is very light but very pigmented and buildable. I use only one swipe of brush (I use MAC 129) on each cheek and then blend it until it's smooth. The powder is very silky but quite dusty like most Illamasqua blushes so be careful. It is matte so I use a bit of shimmer/highlighter (either Becca or lately Poudre signée de Chanel) over it and the finished look is perfection! Packaging is a bit unfortunate but I'm not giving it a lippie less for that because this blush is perfect in every other way and I'd advise everyone to try it no matter skin tone or color, you might be pleasantly surprised!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by 1hotchick909

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are by far the best blushes I have ever had. I have had more expensive high end brands to compare to, and nothing beats these. This blush is so incredibly pigmented. The texture is so silky, there's no fly away powder, and it blends on so nicely. The staying power is amazing, I've fallen asleep with it on and it was still there in the morning. I only need to just dab a brush with the product to apply, so it will last forever.

-Katie is a pastel pink that doesnt fade into your skin. It stays the color in the pan. It's probably my favorite blush of all time. I am very fair/cool and it looks very pink on me, but i dont think it will work if you are medium complexioned or darker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

i have never had such a perfect pink color! i learned about katie on mua, and am so glad i did. i'm super fair, neutral leaning towards warm (i think), and this looks beautiful on me. it's so natural, i wear it on days when i don't want to look like i'm wearing makeup. it's going to e especially nice in the winter. the packaging sucks, i hate how hard it is to open it, it looks tacky also. there is kind of a lot of fall out, but i guess that's good because it's finely milled. i thought peachy colors were on me, but katie is my exception i guess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I hesitate to write a review already since I've only worn this once so far but it's so pretty, I couldn't wait. As soon as I put it on, I said "Wow!". This is the best blush for pale skin EVER. Such a gorgeous pink flush. Once I stop trying my other new products I think this will be my go-to

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Illamasqua's matte blushes are one of the top blush formulas I am yet to come across (and believe me, I have tried *many*!)
Katie is a beautiful (very) light cool pink blush. It is very, very pigmented (like all Illa blushes). I use a skunk brush to apply them, because I am very fair and it is *very* easy to overapply. Because of it's pigmentation, I feel like this blush will last an eternity.

I don't know how this would suit darker skintones, but if you are fair, you must try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect for pale skin!!! Love this!! It's soft pink, beautiful with red lips. Real vintage feel. Very finely milled powder, great quality here!!!! I love illamasqua!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by jaybird2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ethereal. That is how I describe this blush. I am fair, with dark brown hair, and blue eyes. If you have that combination BUY THIS BLUSH. The heavens will kiss you, and leave you with perfect pale pink cheeks. I imagine if you were blonde with fair skin and light eyes it would have the same effect. It is very pigmented so it will last you a long time. The packaging is awkward, but it seems study enough. Score!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I am new to this blush. Have used this a couple of times and for reference I am NC15. I really like this blush and worse of all, I cant find a valid reason why. Maybe its bcos its a cheerful to look at color and you could pile it on like a no brainer. LOL Color wise, I wont recommend this shade to anybody above Mac NC15. I even find this shade light on my coloring and cant imagine anybody darker than me wearing this. I mean this is my 2 cents. someone could disagree. PIgmentation wise it is quite pigmented. Doesnt look chalky on me even as I layered it. I really piled up quite a bit of blush cos the color is light but i dun find it chalky. Lasting power? I dun find it anything special. Will I buy it again? I am not sure. But i guess I will give light shade blush like Benefit Dandelion a miss. I see not much of a color with this shade, I cant imagine dandelion with less pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Looooooove this blush. I've heard so many great things about Illamasqua blushes and decided to give Katie a try, seeing as how I'm a) mega pale and b) a HUGE fan of matte blushes. This definitely didn't disappoint! It's a little powdery, but it feels like a dream when applied. This does seem like a color that is better suited for lighter skin-tones, as it may look ashy on darker skin, but for me, it's a lovely soft pink color. One negative is the packaging... it's bulky and made of a cheap-feeling plastic, however, that wouldn't deter me from buying from Illamasqua again. This is worth the hype :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by pinklover92

Very doll-like baby pink blusher. I love how it is so pigmented, but it can be very powdery at times. I love the color, which reminds me of Japanese makeup (gyaru). I would highly recommend if you have fair skin (Don't go past NC30) or it will look too ashy. It doesn't have the best staying power, so think before you use it.