Creative Nail Design Stickey Base Coat

4.3

Alcohol Denat., Ethyl Acetate, Heptane, Butyl Acetate, Polyvinyl Butyral, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Ispropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 47000 (Yellow 11), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 11/16/2013 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

After doing a lot of research on base coats, I finally settled on buying the CND Stickey. The sheer green tint it has doesn't bother me at all & the texture does feel sticky compared to normal polishes. I haven't noticed my nail polish lasting longer from the use of CND, but I can't expect too much... but it was a let down nonetheless. I was fine with the product (I rarely encounter a truly HORRIBLE nail product; they're all the same) until it dried up. I still have 1/3 of a bottle left, which makes me mad, considering it wasn't a cheap Wet 'n Wild polish. I've had much older bottles of nail polish from Revlon that are still doing perfectly fine.

on 8/25/2013 1:55:00 AM

This is a total gamechanger for me. I wear manicures on my natural nails for a week on average since I started using this. Yes, all nail polishes work differently with different people's body chemistry, but this is one I hear a lot of good things about from a lot of people. It is a rubberized base coat, which makes your nail polish stick to your nail better. Personally, I use it over a treatment, but under color. It can also be used alone as a base without a treatment under it, but I like to use a treatment on my nails and I find that it still works well with a single layer of treatment under it. It is the same idea as Orly Bonder, but I like the color of this better and you can get the big salon bottles of it on Amazon for fairly cheap. I go through a lot of this, since I use it with every mani so, while I definitely suggest buying a small bottle to try it, if you like it you're going to want to buy the 2.5 ounce bottles, which you can pour into the small bottle if you keep it clean and thinned. As the name suggests, with use and evaporation this polish will literally get sticky and stringy, but if you regularly add a few drops of nail polish thinner you'll be good.

on 7/9/2013 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the very few products that DOES live up to the hype! I almost always have acrylic nails on my fingers, or press-ons. But I dislike people touching my feet, so I like to do my pedi myself. Now, my problem is that on my toes nail polish either chips off or peels off in the shower within a day. So, I decided to buy a bottle of Stickey since I'd heard so much about the "stickey sandwich" method. It's not clear, it's green, but doesn't stain your polish. I chose a China Glaze blue (bahamian escape) did the stickey sandwich and finished off with Seche Vite topcoat. It's been nearly 13 days and I have just the tiniest little chip on my toe! NO peeling/lifting or any other chips! Never ever in my life has a nail polish lasted this long on me! I will never be without a bottle of stickey now, it's now essential for my pedicures. CND products are amazing - they are a professional, high-standard company after all! Best of all they're relatively inexpensive, I bought my bottle for only £5.40.

on 5/24/2013 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I really think that this base coat made my polish last longer. Usually i use a treatment base coat and my polish will start "lifting" from the sides on the second day :( With this, my mani looks fine on the third day although i do have to reapply the top coat to maintain the glossy look.

on 4/8/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

MEH. I don't know why they made it green? It's shows through pale nail polish on "sticky" sandwich! It gets thick 1/2 way through. Not sure it helps polish adhere any longer than usual. Just "ok".

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I hate this. It does not make my manicures last. I put this under 2 coats of usually OPI polish and my seche vite topcoat and it makes my nail polish peel off. I know that this is the fault of stickey as it doesn't happen when I don't use it. Also if I don't use the seche vite topcoat when I use this basecoat then my manicure will not dry at all.
Such a waste of money.

on 1/15/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I swear by this product and highly recommend this if you are in need of a truly adhesive forming base coat for your mani/pedi's. I have gotten high mileage out of nearly every nail polish I apply on this, with the exception of Essie polish, Penny Talk in particular. Do try this, you will not be disappointed.

on 10/8/2012 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This base coat is amazing. My manicures last 7 days without chipping. I would definitely recommend and repurchase.

on 9/12/2012 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Great base coat that really does help prolong the life of your polish. I do find however that this works better with certain polishes.....with my OPI polishes it works awesome. But some of my cheaper polishes, they still chip early.

on 9/5/2012 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

What a "Stickey" mess. It turned my cuticles green and made my Chanel Le Vernis the consistency of rubber cement.Let's face it, there is no HG base coat or top coat for that matter: if you like the look of freshly-applied polish, then you have to do the work. Otherwise, get yourself a gel manicure. There's just no way around it.

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products