July 26, 2014 | 1500 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I hate this. It does not make my manicures last. I put this under 2 coats of usually OPI polish and my seche vite topcoat and it makes my nail polish peel off. I know that this is the fault of stickey as it doesn't happen when I don't use it. Also if I don't use the seche vite topcoat when I use this basecoat then my manicure will not dry at all.
Such a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I swear by this product and highly recommend this if you are in need of a truly adhesive forming base coat for your mani/pedi's. I have gotten high mileage out of nearly every nail polish I apply on this, with the exception of Essie polish, Penny Talk in particular. Do try this, you will not be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Perlino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This base coat is amazing. My manicures last 7 days without chipping. I would definitely recommend and repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great base coat that really does help prolong the life of your polish. I do find however that this works better with certain polishes.....with my OPI polishes it works awesome. But some of my cheaper polishes, they still chip early.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a "Stickey" mess. It turned my cuticles green and made my Chanel Le Vernis the consistency of rubber cement.Let's face it, there is no HG base coat or top coat for that matter: if you like the look of freshly-applied polish, then you have to do the work. Otherwise, get yourself a gel manicure. There's just no way around it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I liked this base coat so much I bought bottles for my friends. I am new to nail polish as I have been a life long nail biter, until now, and I have come to the conclusion that for a lasting manicure one needs an excellent base coat and a top coat (preferably fast dry for myself). I have tried different combinations with varying results. I have had the absolute best results with this base coat and using the "stickey sandwich" technique. I then top the "sandwich" with fast drying Essie Good to Go! top coat. I can get about a full day longer with this combo. I am very pleased. It has made my finicky Butter London Trout Pout last for 2+ days, with chipping on only two nails. I know two days isn't a lot, but seriously that polish would chip in hours, getting a day out of it, plus another one was like discovering El Dorado. lol

I would recommend you give this one a try, in conjuction with the Essie Good to Go! top coat. My sister was very impressed with it. I used it on her one day as an experiment (she is SUPER hard on her nails - cashiers and owns horses) and she told me it was amazing how much longer her nail color lasted. Hope this works for you ladies too! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by rburney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

A must have (along with Seche Vite) for bulletproof manis and pedis. Prefer it to Orly Bonder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Scoutridge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this on the recommendation of the clerk at my local indpendent beauty store; she suggested this over the Orly Bonder.

It has kept my manicure pristine through daily shampoos, a feline bath and loads of dishes. I don't love that the green tint shows though the sheer, plae pinks I like to wear. It makes my nails look almost like I'm not getting enough O2.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by wartthree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG base coat. It helps adhere polish to nail plate and I havent had any issues with staining. It can get goopy about 1/2 way thru, but I add thinner and mix it up and it's good as new!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this every time I polish my nails. My pedicure will last until I remove my polish. Great stuff!