August 2, 2014 | 1220 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before I splurged on a Clarisonic plus, I used my Mia for 1 year twice a day. Works great, lightweight. Needless to say this cleansing brush won me over. I now just use my Mia for travel due to compact size. I have found that my skin is smoother and softer. Breakouts are minimally, and I had horrible acne prior to using Clarisonic to cleanse.

I recommend the Mia for someone who wants to proceed with Clarisonic, but unable to proceed with the pricier Plus version.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Ckimbeautify

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. I have been using it for approximately 1.5 years. I have had a noticeable difference in my skin tone, and it has also worked on reducing the signs of minimal wrinkles on my skin. I have had many comments about my skin looking very youthful. I am a 41-year-old woman and I use the sensitive brushes and replace them probably every 4 to 5 months and not the recommended three months because I don't use it as often as it recommends. I typically use the product twice per week.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Allyroseadney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm 15 years old and have been struggling with acne since I was about 11-12. I have moderate to severe acne. I was on antibiotics for a couple months to clear my acne and it worked wonders, but like most antibiotics, your body becomes immune to them and they stop working. That's when my skin got absolutely horrible. I read so many reviews on the clarisonic that said it was a miracle for their skin. I decided to give it a try. I got my clarisonic this past Christmas. I started using religiously everyday along with my simple face wash. Sadly, my skin got a lot worse in the first month or so of use age. I thought that it was normal since purging is common for the first couple of weeks. I kept using it hoping that the purging would stop and that my skin would eventually clear. I WAS WRONG! The more I used it, the worse and worse my skin got. I think the clarisonic only world for people that don't have acne, because if you have acne, it'll only spread the bacteria all over your face. I hope this review helped everyone struggling with acne. Don't make the same mistake I made. Stay away from this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

7/2014: I an so glad I stopped using the Clarisonic, my skin is back to normal and the sandpaper acne it caused is gone.

3 week Edit: Clarisonic almost destroyed my skin. At first I loved this (original review below). I returned mine at Sephora. The lux brush head didnt hurt, but then after 2 weeks my lower face felt irritated and rough like sandpaper, or eczema, which I never had. If I had to choose between having a few piples or the condition the Clarisonic has left my skin in, I'd prefer the pimples. This overexfoliated my skin even though I only used 1ce a day to remove my MU. The whole reason why I got this is b/c its supposed to be "better than hand washing". I havn't used for a week and my whole neck and jawline still have the rough dry skin, but its doesn't feel irritated any more. Its so wierd the bumps dont hurt but they are so noticeable under MU!!! I am calming my skin with honey and argan oil which have helped so much. I should have paid more attention to negative reviews, one even mentioned broken capilaries!! If u have sensitive skin stay away. My skin was finally clear after years and now this.

Original Review: My skin is acne prone, sensitive, and dry. I was hesitant to try because regular scrubs are too abrasive and make me breakout. I have had professional checial peels in past which work.

So I decided to finally try this now that the Lux brush head is out, It's baby soft. I had't tried Clarisonic before because I read reviews of Sensitive, and Delicate brushes being too harsh.

I paid $124 for mia including sensitive brush head( hav'nt tried that brush though)

The sephora gals also said to avoid breaking out use this once every 3 days to start off. Then just use every night.

1 wk in My skin is perfect; no breakouts. My sunscreen, and night serum absorbs super quick now! My skin is the best it's ever been.

I apply my cleanser to brush head, this cleanser never used to foam, with the clarisonic it does.

It's deffinatey worth a try, save receipt you can always return it, after 90 days at Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a teen, I had horrible acne but it faded into adulthood. After that I've had pretty okay skin, it had its dull moments and it's horrible breakout moments but nothing too horrible. Then I got the clarisonic. I have to say, the hype was real. I started using this and the first time, I felt the difference in the texture of my skin. It was baby buttcheeks soft. Then after a bout 2 weeks, I notice my face seemed brighter, more radiant. I use this with my 1st aid beauty red clay cleanser for deep cleaning and my Peter Thomas Roth Rose stem cell cleanser for every day cleansing. I use it about 4 times a week.

Don't use this in the morning, it's very deep cleaning and you want to give your face a change to renew itself. So please do it at night

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got sucked into the hype and decided to purchase one. I found a deal on the skinstore.com website..and it came to $90 with shipping.

I have super sensitive skin prone to irritation/breakouts/redness. Even with the sensitive brush head, my face got really irritated and red from using this. I normally break out when my skin gets irritated. At first, I thought it was because I was at the purging stage but decided to continue using it and give it some time. I got irritated so I decided to cut down on it and used it once a week. Every time, I use it..my skin look irritated, red and broke out. When I stopped using it, my skin resume back to normal. WILL NOT PURCHASE AND REGRET PURCHASING THIS!

If you have very super sensitive skin like me, I would recommend using silicone pad such as this : http://www.sephora.com/precision-pore-cleansing-pad-P262041?skuId=1233691 and do it by manually (an alternative cheaper version can be found at Diaso...if you have a Diaso in your area ..it cost $2). It works wonders, and makes my skin super clean. Also, you don't need to buy a replacement head every 3 months which can get expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

After a year and a half of having this product as a part of my skincare routine, I have come to the conclusion that depending on how you use it, it can either make or break your skincare routine. I suffer from acne and dry skin and trying to treat both at the same time can be very challenging, especially with all of the misinformation out there about how the treat acne prone skin! When I got this at the beginning of 2013, I used it twice a day, every single day with the sensitive brush head. My acne however got worse and my dry skin only got drier. I had watched various videos on how to treat acne prone skin and they all suggested to get the Clarisonic, wash your face with it once in the morning and then at night, use a makeup remover to remove all of your face makeup before again going in with the Clarisonic for a 'proper clean' with a cleanser and to always use a rich moisturizer after to combat the dryness. I used this routine for about 8 months before I finally gave up, wrote off the Clarisonic and that skincare routine entirely because my skin only ever suffered from it. My skin always felt soft with that routine because of the constant buffing, but the actual condition of it was deteriorating. Over the past 3-4 months though, I've added this back to my skincare routine in a different manner and only now am I reaping the benefits of this awesome product. Now for my skincare routine, I wash my face ONCE in the evening to remove makeup as well as cleanse in the same step, I only tone my face in the morning to remove any excess oil that presented itself overnight and I use a light moisturizer both morning and night. My skin is literally spotless. No dry patches, and no acne unless it is that time of the month. Where the Clarisonic now comes in to play in my routine is now to exfoliate my skin once every 3 or 4 days and I do not use it any more often than that under any circumstances. Why I suggest using the Clarisonic and cleansing less often is because your skin has an acidic barrier of its own that helps to protect the skin from any outer influences that may cause acne or skin irritation and when you use it everyday or twice a day, everyday like I did with a cleanser, you are actually destroying that barrier and in turn making your skin more vulnerable to acne.
Now based on how I use the Clarisonic, I absolutely love it. The one speed on the Mia and the delicate brush head work wonderfully for me, I do not feel like I need more speed settings. If you have had a difficult time jumping on the Clarisonic bandwagon, I really recommend taking a gentler approach to your skincare routine because your skin will thank you!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by eggie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 2010 and, admittedly, didn't use it very often. That's because I'm not very disciplined when it comes to any kind of health or beauty regimen. I did notice that my skin was smoother after using because, obviously, it buffs away rough skin. But, lately, I've just been so frustrated with my skin and so concerned about the environmental stressors on it that I figured I need to get serious about it. I live in southern Africa and the dryness and heat has really been taking a toll on my face. So, over the last year, I've started using some items that I liked well enough to continue with them; several of these products, I tried after learning about them via MUA reviews. These are:
- Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash: It's poorly reviewed here on MUA but, I can't help it, love the smell and clean feeling of my face whenever I use it. Also, it lathers up nicely when used with the Clarisonic (the cleaner that comes with the Mia is horrible!).
- Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel: (via MUA) Love the soft feeling my skin has after using this. And the smell is fresh and lovely. If I'm not wearing makeup one day, I'll even swipe some over my face to freshen up or clean off the dust that just coats everything here. I keep it in the fridge, which makes it even more refreshing to use.
- Badger Damascus Rose Face Oil: (via MUA) My skin tends to be oily, even living in this desert-dry climate. This stuff just soothes the tight, crusty feeling my skin gets. Skin feels more flexible, perhaps even a little plumper. It doesn't seem to make me break out either, though hormonal and stress zits remain unavoidable. I add a drop of frankincense oil in my palm and mix it in before smoothing it on because I read that frankincense helps with tissue regeneration. But frankincense just smells great too, whether it helps or not. :)

I added the Clarisonic into this regimen a couple of weeks back and I am happy with how my skin is looking these past few days. I'm not using it daily, just every couple of days. Winter is setting in here, meaning that the days are getting drier now that the rainy season is completely over. So, I sometimes come home from work feeling like my skin has a dust-crust over it. The Clarisonic just buffs all that away, while the witch hazel and oil soothe from the buffing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by EstherLoca

I've never really "struggled" with skin issues, I've been relatively lucky I guess, however I did notice over the past year or so that my skin seemed lacklustre and dull and that my face wash just wasn't cutting it anymore or seeming to have an exfoliating effect.

Within a few days of using the Clarisonic once per day it definitely did a great job of buffing my skin to the extent of allowing my face wash to penetrate and actually begin cleaning again. And it's especially good at removing face make-up deep in the pores. the battery life is also good although you must fully charge when it's down even if you just need to use it once, which is a little annoying.

And just some advice, DO NOT use the cleanser they give you. It is like washing your face with antibacterial gel that completely overfoams and dries your face out. Lots of people go on about using a foaming cleanser with it but I personally don't think that's necessary - any cleanser that you're happy with will do, it does not have to foam to work properly.

While I don't regret buying it, for the price tag I would say that if your skin is relatively fine already then it's not worth buying this product as I haven't noticed an overall visual improvement in my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the Clarisonic Mia.
After reading many reviews I caved and bought one.

I started using it and I loved how nice it felt on my skin, it really felt like I was deep cleaning it. The process of using it is just very enjoyable. The first week I used it in the morning and at night and my skin was very nice, soft and clear.

However, after about a week I started breaking out - quite lightly on my nose and cheeks but bad enough to freak me out. I know some people say this is purging, but I also read it can just be irritation from over-exfoliation. So I stopped using twice a day and switched to 2 tot 3 times a week, which I'm doing now. My breakout has cleared up, but I'm still kind of scared to use the Clarisonic.

The result on my skin from using it 2 to 3 times per week is nothing special really - I don't think there's a huge difference, but I do enjoy using the Clarisonic so I will continue. But overall I'm not blown away and I'm not sure it was worth the money.