July 31, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by monty2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have medium pigmented lips and pale with cool undertones skin. I love this lipstick, it's about a shade darker than my natural colour, goes on sheer, perfect for every day wear and part of my "no makeup" look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

at last i have found the perfect everyday pink for pale skin and blonde hair - lovely texture and fantastic colour - i may never look at another lipstick again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

What an absolutely gorgeous colour! It's so pretty and I think it would be flattering on every skin tone. It's a deeper pink that would work for everyday wear. It's got a touch of sofistication that would make it completely appropriate to wear to work. It's got a beautiful shiny finish and the shine stays put for a few hours. After that the colour is still there but if you love shiny finishes as much as I do, reapplying will be a must. It doesn't dry out my lips at all and I think this will become a staple in my makeup collection! Great job MAC!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by cdove

Syrup is such a beautiful color! this is my go to color for both work and a girls night out. Very pretty neutral color that looks good on all skin tones!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would describe Syrup as a mauve-pink with slight lavender undertones. I am NC30-37 and I have very pigmented lips so I struggle finding MLBB lipstick shades. This is close, but still not a favourite. I find that because of the lavender undertones it can pull a bit too cool on me whereas I prefer more warm pink-brown shades. This is my first Lustre finish lipstick from MAC and to me it isn't moisturising at all, but actually drying which I didn't expect. Lasting power is average for a non-matte formula, get a couple of hours of wear before it wears off (without eating that is). Overall, I do like the shade for an everyday colour and I will continue to wear this, but I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatecupcake5568

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this lipstick for over a year and it is a staple in my makeup bag. I have NC25 coloring and this shade is a perfect MLB shade. I would describe it as a neutral mauve pink. It's a Lustre finish which for me reads like a gloss just a lot less sticky. It lasts for an hour or two before fading which I find typical for most moisturizing lipsticks that have a glossy finish. Not a problem for me other than the fact that I can use up a tube of this stuff in under six months. I would purchase again and have, it's nice to just throw in my purse or pocket for a quick swab of color and moisture in a pinch. It makes my lips look fuller and it's the perfect shade for a neutral eye look to wear to the office/school/daytime etc. I've paired it with Plum lip pencil in the Fall for a bolder look and it pairs nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Hanbanana188

This is my first mac lipstick and its safe to say am in love the only thing i don't like is the smell . The packaging is so sleek and compact and i have a fair complexion so it compliments my skin tone . the colour Its self is beautiful its a purple pink toned lipstick and has a lovely sheen to it overall i would buy it again .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am on the fence with this lipstick. I feel like it's my lip color and my viva glam V does that for me already.... I might keep it I might now... it is not very moisturizing for me. I might keep it because in the winter I will pale up a little bit.. then it might look great

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

a nude plum color perfect for every day and for every skin tone. don't be intimidated by the color - it goes on so pigmented yet naturally. this is even better than your-lips-but-better. try this out! love the texture too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bubblybee

Love this lipstick. A beautiful roses shade with a hint of plum. It's sheer so it looks more natural and I find it doesn't dry out my lips. Only con is due to the sheerness it wears off faster than some other colors I have.