September 17, 2014 | 1874 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ElenoreMari

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For the price, it is a pretty decent product. I had never before used liquid eyeliner before this, so I decide that this would be a good starting point. It lasts a decent while and doesn't appear to smear much. It stays on my oily eyelids pretty well. I think the biggest cons would be that a thin precise line is nearly impossible with it, since the brush is a bit thick and clunky (at least mine was) and that I had to go over the line several times to get a nice true black color.

All in all, its a nice eyeliner for the price. Just don't expect to be wow'd by it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I stopped at Walmart on search to find a new liquid liner (because I also just had ran out) and I was on a budget and saw this and decided to give it a try. Turns out, this stuff is amazing! It stays all day, didn't smudge, easy to use, and it is true to it's claims! I was in 102 degree weather outside hiking for 3 hours and when I got home, it still looked amazing! I mostly do cat eyes (winged liner) and this does the job! I will definitely be repurchasing once i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by dcalhalabi93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will never buy another liquid eyeliner again after using this. My makeup routine is not compete unless I draw on cat eyes, and the only way to do it properly is to have a quality liquid eyeliner. And previously I had been buying the one from Sephora that looks very similar to this one, only the tip is a thin sponge and the formula has a bit of glitter in it. But as well all know, Sephora products can be a bit costly. So one day in Walmart I came across the E.L.F brand cosmetics which were just making their debut and I found the liquid eyeliner for only $1 which was unbelievably cheap. I doubted it would work but for $1 it was worth a try.

I absolutely love everything about it! The formula is very black and although very liquid, one coat is plenty and doesn't show through to the skin. Also the brush is not a sponge at all, but an actually little brush which allows for an extra precise and thin line.

Professional quality liner for only $1. Enough said.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Terrible. Just terrible. I love ELF for their affordable basic tools but the makeup items need some help. I will admit I prefer pen liners in general, but having a nice liquid one on hand is always good. Not only is this formula the runniest, drippiest liner I have ever tried, but the pigmentation is poor and it takes forever to set. I have worn all types of eyeliners for the past 13 years and I have a steady hand so for me to say that this does not apply well really means something. The color needs to be built up which is no simple feat with such a wet formula. It is easy to remove but it also has poor staying power and again, just not a rich black to begin with. If you are looking for affordable liquid liners, I would recommend paying a few more dollars for Milani or Maybelline where you will get a quality product that applies well and lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by madformascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great eyeliner, especially for the price. I had used liquid eyeliners in the past, and they usually dried and flaked way too easily. This eyeliner never does that.

I find it can come off a bit sheer when applied onto the bare lid. However, with a bit of primer, powder, or even foundation (just something!) on the lid, it glides on so incredibly smooth. I love the brush for precise thin or thick lines. It is especially ideal for creating the perfect wing for your eye. I have purchased this eyeliner every single time it runs out and it's amazing.

With daily use, I can get about 4 months of use from this eyeliner. It never smudges or interferes with my makeup throughout the day. Overall, great buy and will continue to repurchase because of the incredible price and quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

I think this is one of the best liquid eyeliner. it dries fast and its easy to apply. its not runny and works very well and its very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by melxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing eyeliner and for only $1, you seriously can't beat it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by SassyCappy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE eyeliner! It's truly perfect - goes on flawlessly, perfect brush, and the price - OUTSTANDING! It beats all eyeliners out there, and I've tried them all to learn how to apply eyeliner perfectly. No other product has left me with that, "Wow! My eyeliner looks amazing today!" Enter E.L.F. and I've learned how to excel at applying my eyeliner - even the cat eye, which seemed impossible pre-E.L.F.

It's $1. You can't beat it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My very first liquid liner, and I love it, love it, love it.
I would have never purchase purchased it, but since it came in a set, decided to try it just once. What a great product!
I cannot use mascara, as my eyes are too sensitive and I never found mascara that did not sting or burn. So, I gave up trying. The only method that kind of worked instead of mascara was suggested by Goss on YouTube - using cream liner on lash curler. At least that did not burn my eyes, but the overall results were just ok. So, most of the time I don't bother doing it.
Now that I discovered elf little gem, I use only this liner. I prefer it in brown, as it is still dark, but the look is much softer and more natural. On my oily lids this liner dries surprisingly quickly, even without any primer. And it stays all day, 20+ hours.
The applicator is very easy to use, it creates a very thin line, so I can easily draw a line very close to my eyelashes. This gives me an "almost mascara" look, yet does not irritate or water my sensitive eyes.
For a more dramatic evening look, I just draw another line slightly higher, to make a thicker line, and it looks beautiful.
Very pleased with elf liner, and at this unbeatable prices, will buy it again and again....And again. Try it, you might be pleasantly surprised and it's a small price to pay

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by MissMoorman

This is probably my favorite liquid liner I've ever used. It is SOOO black and stays black all day without drying to a dark blue or wiping away like a lot of other liquid liners do. The wand isn't great but it's usable in a pinch. I'd recommend a brush for this product though. I have never had it dry out and for the price it is outstanding!