September 1, 2014 | 1977 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Genes Vitamin E Swiss Collagen Complex Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ClaireMcD77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I have dry/combo somewhat sensitive skin and this cream does wonders for me. I mostly use it morning and night as a facial moisturizer after cleansing and toning. No breakouts from it, just smooth, hydrated, evenly toned skin. A little goes a long way so it will last forever. It's cheap too! Only about $7 at Sams Club. No need to splurge on high end creams, this stuff rocks my world.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Happened to see this at Sam's and had to give it a try. Used it over the winter and I really like it. I apply to body after showering and it leaves my skin soft and smooth (which is saying a lot particularly in the winter as my skin is very dry) The container says for face, neck, hands and body. Highly recommend, especially for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by LindaKim07

My mom had this at home to use on her hands and I didnt like it because it was too "oily" (later found out, a little goes a long way) but I moved to Korea where the winters are absolutly brutal and my skin was in a big mess. I had wond burns and my skin was really dry and there was nothing I could do about it. I pulled out this lotion and applied it to my face at night and I noticed a big difference when I woke up. I used it for a few nights straight and my skin went back to normal. It has been a life saver. I think its a great produce for those who live inthe cold weather. The packaging is huge and maybe not the most sanitary, but I try my best to keep in clean. I usually transfer some into a small container. Over all, a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by firefly518

Love love love love love love love!!! This product is my HG moisturizer. I came across it by accident at my MIL's house. My skin was terribly broken out and DRY. On a whim I slathered some on my face before bed one night and woke up the next day with my blemished reduced and my dry skin calmed. I thought it might be a fluke but the more I used it the better and better my skin got! The tone is better, the texture is baby soft, and I swear it's done a number on my bad breakouts! The smell is mild, the container isn't awful, and a little goes a long long way!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by ghosthost2020

I bought this for my dry peeling sensitive "winter" skin......I applied this to my face for several nights....bad idea.....made current blemishes spread/expand and began to breakout in areas I almost never do.......
I could use this for my body but the smell reminds me too much of old timey diaper rash ointment....hmmm too bad though , I had high hopes for this and it seems like such a big waste :/

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be the lone dissenter here, but this product is NOT what I expected given the hype. Yes, it has fantastic ingredients but for some strange reason it isn't very moisturizing. I've tried it many times, both on my hands and body, and it doesn't make my skin feel quenched like some top (drugstore) moisturizers do. Also, there isn't much of an "after-glow"- your skin looks pretty much the same after working it in. Believe it or not, the Jergen's Overnight and Nivea Essentially Enriched products are better, esp. for the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by kcdivachick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I found this while browsing the aisles at Sam's and decided to try it since I have eczema and my skin is very sensitive. I have been using it religiously after every shower and I put more on in the morning but only on the really dry spots. I love that I can also use it on my face but I noticed when it is really hot outside it melts off so now I use just a dime sized amount on my face. A little goes w long way. The packaging isn't amazing. It is very easy for the words to come off but it works so that isn't important. The collagen is a nice addition also. Sometimes I have to use it more than once but my skin get very dry so I kind of expected that. I love that it's only $7! I am going to stock up next time I go to Sam's.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I discovered this at my mother-in-law's house. It looks like something from the 70's, and it smells like it too (not a good thing lol), but it works incredibly well. It is very emollient, and I would say this is something for dry to severely dry skin as it is quite thick and a tad greasy. My MIL is a nurse, and her hands get dry and cracked from frequent washing and glove wearing. She said this is the one thing she's tried so far that has actually helped heal and soothe her hands. If the smell and the ugly generic looking container don't bother you, I would definitely recommend anyone trying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by PyroViolist

Incredibly moisturizing and healing. My boyfriend's families seem to have a tub of this in their kitchen so I looked it up online and found that you could buy this stuff at Sam's Club. It's very multi-purpose. My favorite method is slathering it on after a hot shower or applying it directly after washing dishes. I don't think this is the best cream in terms of absorption, but it is by far the most tolerable thick cream I've used on myself. Most people, might in fact, call it greasy (I know my mom hates this stuff) but the oil in it creates a barrier that locks in moisture. I've used this on my face once, but I've decided it wasn't the right consistency and restricted it on my body, arms, and hands. It's very delicately scented so it shouldn't bother most people. I know I enjoy it. I bought this for $7 and its lasting me for a few months now. Definitely worth a try especially in the winter months. The tub container doesn't much bother me. I know it can be unsanitary, but I really only use it directly after getting clean. Besides, I really like the feeling of scooping something thick and creamy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

There's a reason why my grandmother swore by this stuff. . . .

This is the best Vitamin E cream out there. Perfect for face, hands, and body - heals almost instantly, and with quick, gorgeous results. This is the only thing I've found that will take the puffiness out of my face/eyes after a night up with a sick child, heal dry, cracked hands/feet, AND put irritated, angry post-partum skin to rest. Works for a myriad of problems - our whole family uses it.

This comes in a 16 ounce tub - easy to get what you need out of there with a spatula. Lightly scented, but I do have sensitive skin and it's never bothered me.

One lippie off for taking a long time to absorb in the summer - but that's a small price to pay.