Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 4/24/2015 12:03:00 AM

Terrible. While it was easy to apply and made my lashes look great, it starts flaking off almost immediately. Hours later I had black rings under my eyes. So glad I had this in a sample size from a Sephora Lash Stash and didn't actually buy a full-size one. A ridiculously overpriced, crap mascara.

on 4/4/2015 9:45:00 AM

I absolutely HATE this mascara! Its extremely thick and clumpy, made my lashes stick together, and after a couple of hours starts to flake off around my eyes and cheekbones. If its a warm or humid day the little flakes start to "melt" and it smears on my face or gives me raccoon eyes. Yuck - never again.

on 3/26/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

First let me say that my lashes are naturally long, this mascara makes them look fuller, longer and stunning. The price is stupid for mascara, and the downside is that it dries out pretty fast. It also leaves ash under my eyes within a month or so. I also love Dior show and my newest love is Benefit roller lash. It's a little less pricey but not as dramatic. If you're going on the date of your life...just get this mascara!

on 3/20/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had hoped this would be a holy grail product for me, but it's not! I have extremely short lashes with no curl at all. This mascara was really wet and made my lashes stick together after one coat. I have to scrape most of the product of the brush to get a decent look. The scraped off residue stays in the opening and dries. Makes it all into a dry clumpy mess. Really disapointed

on 3/19/2015 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first journey into higher end mascaras and I was so disappointed! This stuff is horrible!!! After the 2nd day, this came out of the tube a clumpy and gooey mess. Made my eyelashes stick together....uggg.. I'm so mad at myself for throwing away the box otherwise I'd return it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have the mini version of this. I am so sad it dried out so I had to throw it away. I have too many mascaras to buy another one... but if I could give all my mascaras away, I'd trade them all for this! I don't think this is a natural looking mascara at all, however, it somehow gives me a little wing at the side ends of my lashes and it makes it so pretty. I don't know why or how it does it but it really makes the lashes frame around my eyes. I love how this makes my lashes long and black. I don't know if I will ever buy the full size since I felt that I used the mini for a really long time (I don't wear mascara every day) but if there's another mini, I'd definitely repurchase.

I did take one lippie off for the fact that it does have a tendency to clump. But it's my best and most favorite mascara to date.

on 2/16/2015 9:29:00 AM

I've always used this for years but then I realized why am I using a mascara that drys out so fast! It's expensive and within 3 weeks it's completely dried out. Also after the first 10 times you use it it gets noticeably drier and clumpy.

on 2/11/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

One of THE worst mascaras I've ever bought. Extremely gluggy and went on way too thick and gooey. Couldn't even wipe the excess away against the bottle as the opening was too wide for the wand. What a waste of money.

on 1/14/2015 8:33:00 AM

Lancome makes the best mascaras. Period. And this is one of the best Lancome mascaras I have tried so far. It instantly gave me voluminous lashes that lasted all day. My lashes looked so dramatic that my girlfriends kept asking me which product I was using. I didn`t get clumps or smudges when applying this, I felt it was super easy to apply and I didn`t need to comb through. One thing I will say though is that the Waterproof version of this mascara is not as good as the regular Hypnose Drama. Actually I`ve had the same experience with most of the waterproof mascaras from this brand: while they work nicely they don`t result in lashes that are as dramatic as their regular namesakes.

on 12/20/2014 2:37:00 AM

So I bought this as part of a Christmas season holiday gift pack promotion which came with a mini eye makeup remover , eye kohl and hypnose mascara. I tried the hypnose drama and actually bought it on suggestion from the saleswoman . I actually hated this mascara for the brush being so awkwardly shaped and cumbersome and for getting mascara all over my lids . It gave volume but left my lashes looking spidery and any attempt to apply a second coat made them clump and pieces of lash fiber would break off !!! I forgot about this and bought Mac Haute and Naughty which I loved ! But don't get that in your eyes it burns like hell and also dissolves with watery eyes !!

I returned to my hypnose drama , and what a surprise !!! This time I was able to apply it better and it does give me uber volume for my fine medium length lashes. You have to use the spoon shaped brush first. Then turn it around to brush lashes upwards carefully . However I keep a cottonbud handy for lash smudges ...

Pros :
-Builds volume on wimpy lashes in one stroke to look fake (trust me on this one. I've used low to high end)
-doesn't run or smudge even with watery eyes
-doesn't burn or sting
-no discernable lash loss when removing ... I like to rinse it off with water before using eyemakeup remover to reduce lash fall
-unsure if it's this mascara or the lipocils treatment I'm using when I remember to. But my bottom lashes are much longer than I remember them to be
-good pure black
-no fragrance when wearing it , initially on application it has a weird nose drops scent

Cons:
-if u get it on your upper inner lashline it can transfer to your bottom lashline in the day ... Cottonbud in the morning can prevent this
-can flake but very mildly , talking one or two specs

I just repurchased it a year later , so hopefully
it will work as well !