August 31, 2014 | 1323 users online

Brows - Shu Uemura - Brow Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by MissPeony

My last Shu brow pencil lasted me for four years before I accidentally lost it. I've tried other brands but this one gives the most natural brows. HG status!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Mijung88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Read the comments and went out to buy the pencil even though all the time I was thinking this is going to be really inconvenient, having to come back to the shop to get it sharpened and I wasn't sure about the shape of the tip of the pencil and that it didn't have a bristle brush at the other end like my old YSL pencil. But, i just tried it and OMG I'm in love with it. The colour acts as a filler and you can go over your brows as many times as you want to get the perfect shade without suddenly making it too dark! And the shape of the tip actually makes it easier to use!! I'm awful at doing my brows and it takes too long and I often have to redo it- but I manged to do this in half the time with its user friendly tip and it's pretty much idiot proof for people like me- my eyebrows look natural ^^ but full! Although the only thing I don't like is that it comes with a cheap plastic cap that seems too fragile in my industrial sized make up bag. I'm hoping it won't crack in there. But otherwise, definitely worth buying and the effort of trekking to the stores to get it sharpened!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

AMAZING! i just got this the other day, but it is already my HG brow pencil.
Previously, i was using anastasia's brow wiz in medium ash, Shiseido's brow pencil in natural black, and clinique's superfine in medium ash (i think)... and i liked them all.... but sometimes the brown would like a little off. Still looks good, but, then i found shiseido's pencil in natural black, and i loved the color of that for my brows. the only thing was that sometimes it could look a little dark or harsher than i would like especially for day time...
then i decided to try this one, and it is really amazing. it gives me such a soft natural brow... i love it!! at first i was a bit skeptical, because it didn't show up when swatched on my hand... and since i have very sparse brows, i was afraid it wouldn't show up on the sparse areas... but it does amazingly.

love this. expensive, but definitely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by rubycat

This pencil is HG status for sure! I'm Asian, black hair, black brows, NC30. I've tried so many brow products and none hold a candle to this. I have this in Stone Grey and it's perfect for me. It's a charcoal grey color. Fills in and defines your brows but doesn't look like you have anything on. I probably could have gotten away w/the Seal Brown but the SG looks so natural. My brows but better! I ordered on-line at the Shu site and it came w/the standard pencil tip. I have heard that the sword shape is better but there is no where to get it cut into that shape and I don't dare attempt it myself. The pencil is expensive, but its' much longer length makes me believe it will last a very long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Ryanne

A M A Z I N G !!!!!!!!!!!! A miracle just happened to my eyebrows!!!!:-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by golightly

I'm NW20 and bought this in Japan, where I think there are perhaps more color options than are available in the States. I first bought walnut brown, no 7, but it was much too light for my Asian color -- I have undyed brown-black hair and dark eyebrows. I now have Stone Gray and it is perfect. I only add my BUY THIS NOW to the chorus of other reviews because this pencil is indeed so perfect (although the Suqqu eyebrow marker does intrigue me). My brows are darker at the center and the hairs are much more sparse from the middle to the end, so this pencil is perfect for evening out my brows. I tend to stroke it on in little strokes, starting at the arch, and blend it slightly with my finger (too lazy to use a brush, and besides, I have straight Asian eyebrow hairs that don't need to/can't be redirected). It is the best eyebrow pencil, hard to overdo and so so natural -- I've sharpened it once I used up the nice little shaved shape by the Shu Uemura salesperson, and it still applies perfectly. Still love after 3 years....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by DoeBB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading all the positive reviews on MUA I had to try it out for myself.....
Wonderful product!

I'm oriental with black/dark brown hair and black brows; sparse at the ends.....
I tried Seal Brown and found the brown OK, cuz the brown is still visibly different from the colour of my brows if I want to be picky about it. I was looking for a better match that everyone is claiming to find and I found it using the stone gray pencil;

Ya, it's weird you won't see colour much trying this out on your hands, but it does apply once on the brows. Short gentle strokes, don't apply too much pressure or draw ur brows in really quick....This pencil is very 'dry' so it allows for the slow build up of colour, and lets u have more control. Any product including this one can give awful or unnatural results if you overdo any kind of application.
It's expensive, 30 bucks canadian, but if it's good it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by annellelazatin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only eyebrow pencil that has worked with my changing skintone and haircolor. Mind you, my color ranges from NC25-35 depending on how tan I get and my haircolor has gone from black to brown with mahogany hghtlights. This is absolutely perfect. It draws on a very natural looking brow. Great for everyday but I suggest layering on a dark brown eyeshadow ower this for a more defined night time look, btu otherwise this is the most natural, long-wearing eyebrow pencil ever especially for Asians. My only complaint would be that it only comes in one size. I wish they made a shorter travel size one!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by lilditzy21

I've never knew what to do with my eyebrows. Tried many different brands like Shiseido, Dior, Mac and Estee Lauder, but it always turns out too reddish brown or too fierce.

This was perfect though. I'm Asian and i bought this in seal brown as recommended by the makeup artiste and it was so natural! No matter how hard i seem to draw, it still looked natural and well groomed. A definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by chantal_wee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! It makes my brow look so natural. Even my mother is convinced with this product that she is also using it!

I always tend to overdraw my brows - making me look fierce and my brows looking fake. This is perfect for me as I am able to handle and draw the line without "overdrawing"! The color is gorgeous too - blends in perfectly with my medium brown hair. A lot of eyebrow pencils is either too light or too dark for me. This color is perfect. Both my mom and myself is using seal brown. The color stays on really long. I work for more than 12 hours a day, and when I come back home, my eyebrows still looks good! absolutely in love with this product!