NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 7/19/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the worst dry skin marketed foundations out there. I'll start with the pros because there aren't too many but NARS does have a great range of colors.

Now, this foundation is called "SHEER GLOW" but it is neither sheer nor glowly. It ends up looking very matte on the skin and is medium-full coverage. It emphasized every dry patch on my face and emphasized textures on the skin I didn't even know existed. There is no hydration with this formula.

Overall, this formula is certainly intended for someone with more oily skin.

on 7/17/2015 4:43:00 AM

This foundation is no worth it! Very dissapointed. Its packaging isn't smart and its coverage is zero to minimal. i felt like i was using lotion or something. you really have to package and pound this thing on in order to feel like you're even wearing anything at all!!

on 7/15/2015 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is my holy grail! It's mediem coverage to full coverage. I haven't came across a matte foundation that gives you the sheen look and in all honestly this foundation delivers it all!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love Love Love !
I'm 20, Australian and female.
I have dry, light olive skin. Yellow undertone and this suit perfect.
It stays on all day, applied with a brush and it blended straight onto
my face :) and would buy again :)

on 7/15/2015 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

***Look for my picture wearing Sheer Glow in Ceylan in the images above.

Sheer Glow = It gives a slightly dewy, satiny finish, NOT sheer coverage! I wear Ceylan in the winter when I'm about NC25, Fiji in the summer when I'm close to NC30. I have pitted acne scars and hyper pigmentation. My skin is sensitive and oily in the t-zone, normal everywhere else. With that said, on to my review:

This is my go-to foundation. I would say the coverage is medium to buildable coverage (almost full). It is enough that I never have to apply any concealer (and that's with my light skin and dark spots). The foundation lasts maybe 7-13 hours on me depending on the weather and/or if I set it with any special sprays. It is beautiful on camera. This gives me a perfect dewy finish, without looking overly done. I can see how some people wouldn't like this foundation, but I've been wearing this for years now, and I can hopefully give a few pointers on how to wear this.

1. As usual, the condition of the skin as a canvas is important when applying any foundation. Before, my skin was patchy and dry and this did not apply well. But then I bought a Clarisonic and changed my toner and moisturizer. A good moisturizer is a must with this! I find the creamier moisturizers better as a base than thin ones. I use Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizing & Brightening Cream. The Clarisonic and my new skincare totally changed the way the foundation applied on and stayed on! Much smoother and lasts way longer now.
2. Apply first layer with a damp beauty blender. Let it sit maybe 30 seconds to 1 minute. Reapply where coverage is needed. Be sure to blend in well or the foundation may look slightly patchy.
3. Set with a good loose powder. I've found that my favorite to set this foundation with is the Chanel Poudre Universal Poudre Natural Finish Loose Powder. I sometimes will mix this with a TINY bit of Ben Nye's Banana Powder to apply ONLY on my oily t-zone. Use the Banana Powder lightly in conjunction with Sheer Glow (can make it look cakey otherwise). This trick does keep the oil at bay. Otherwise, I will have to blot throughout the day.
4. I do not like primers with this foundation. Instead, I like to use setting sprays. My favorite right now with this foundation is Urban Decay's Vitamin B12 spray. I spray after my moisturizer, but before I apply foundation. Then after my entire face is done, I spray a few more spritzes to set. This has done wonders in extending the life of the foundation.

Hope this helps! I would recommend getting a sample from Sephora at least to try it out. Good luck!

on 7/14/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The only good thing I found with this product was the colour match. I was matched up vallauris which was perfect for me. They only do 3 shades of this in a sample and was told I'd have to go on a waiting list for it so I decided to just take the risk and buy it, as I'd seen reviews comparing the coverage to that of double wear (double wear would be the perfect foundation if it was more easily blend able). I found it to struggle to cover any sort of blemish, and my skin is relatively blemish free. I also have a slightly oily t-zone. It's fair to say that this foundation is not suitable for oily skin of any kind. Looked greasy and felt like it was just sliding off my skin, wore off within a couple of hours and broke me out in a day. Waste of £30, back to double wear for me.

on 7/13/2015 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

PLEASE READ this foundation is meant to give a "sheer glow" a SHEER GLOW just like the name suggests. the name has nothing to do with the coverage. it frustrates me when people dont understand this concept, but then again i can see why. i used this foundation a couple of years ago and the pros are that it provides amazing coverage but still looking natural and a satin finish. it also looks amazing in professional photography. the cons are that it oxidises and it broke me out. i used up one bottle and tossed it. my mom on the other hand loves it and thinks it suits her skin really well..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really love Sheer Glow (despite the fact that it doesn't have much glow!). I also really love that they have a shade (Siberia) that is made for pasty folks like me, that isn't too orange or too pink. Thank you, NARS!

Pros:

- Siberia is an awesome shade if you are very fair, like me. It is wonderfully neutral as well. It does lean to the cool end more, but it is neither overly orange or pink, which is one of the major traps that most shades for fair-skinned people fall into, across all brands.
- The coverage is very buildable. Be cautious; you don't need as much as you think you do! Use sparingly, it covers well with little product.
- Although this foundation doesn't really have much glow, despite its name, it does set to a very natural satin to demi-matte finish, which looks lovely.
- It holds up reasonably well under normal conditions.
- It has a nice, skin-like finish, which is what you want in any face makeup.
- This foundation has a lot of shades, which will make it accessible to a wide variety of people, which is always great to see.

Cons:

- Like most liquid foundations, this will melt in the heat. It's not an ideal summer foundation for this reason.
- It can cling to dry patches.
- The name is very deceptive. As previously stated, this is NOT a dewy foundation, and it does NOT have much glow to it at all. If you like a lot of glow, if you like a dewy appearance, look elsewhere; this isn't what you want.
- Although it can build to nearly full coverage, it doesn't really look good anymore when built past a certain level; it becomes heavy-looking and mask-like. Don't attempt to build this past medium coverage unless you like the cake-y look. I don't typically want or need full coverage, so this isn't necessarily a con for me, but many people prefer the full-coverage look.
- No pump. I'll be honest: I HATE this. This is my biggest con. It is so difficult to get the proper amount of foundation by just pouring it out, and so many foundations---both drugstore and high-end---include a pump these days that it's just archaic not to.
- This is definitely expensive, at $57 CAD at Sephora. There are many wonderful foundations (even on the neighbouring shelves at Sephora) that cost an awful lot less.

Overall, I really do love this foundation and I would definitely repurchase. This was my first NARS purchase a few months back and since then I've dabbled a bit in the brand's other products (all face), and so far, I LOVE! Definitely pick this one up if you're up for a splurge.

I did quite like Nars sheer glow, I switched to Nars from just over a year of using Mac Studio Fix and then Studio Sculpt. Nars gives quite a good coverage without feeling too heavy on the face. Although, as I am a person with quite a few blemishes/spots, I feel i could do with a bit more coverage. The first couple of weeks of using the product I was pretty amazed with it, my skin looked really nice, but the more i used it the less it had such a nice, flawless look on my skin. I'm not sure what the reason for this is, though. It does have a tendency to look ever so slightly crusty on acne scars/spots? Nars sheer glow does not have an overpowering smell, it feels really nice when applying it to the skin, it has a very smooth texture. Overall, i'd definitely recommend this product, the only thing i would say is if you have spots, definitely use a concealer and a powder in conjunction.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My new favourite.

I recently converted from MAC where I wore the Studio Fix Fluid everyday in a NW15 shade. I changed due to the product drying horribly on my skin and after 2 years of wear I thought it was about time I changed it up.

I recently had a 21st and got my makeup done at Mecca Maxima. They used the NARS Sheer Glow on me and I instantly fell in love. I made the mistake of not buying it that day and kicked myself for it, so I went back the week later and got it tested on my skin.

I am the colour Deauville and find this matches me perfectly. It was a bit lighter then my NW15 at MAC however I preferred it as I didn't have to blend it around my neck/chest area as much. This product is more on the runny side, which allows it to be blended extremley well. This allows a little to go a long way. I usually squirt 1-2 pumps on my hand and dab it around my face and blend it all in with a beauty blender.

I cannot rave about this product enough. It is just perfect.

The only issue I am facing is I do not own a NARS Pressed Powder as of yet. Which means I have been setting this with my MAC Studio Fix Powder which by the end of the day makes me look horrible. I have however just purchased the NARS Pressed Powder in the shade Beach and CANNOT wait to try it as I have heard it is amazing.

10/10 for this. Would buy it again and again and again.

It is worth the price ladies (or men)

Video Reviews & Tutorials