November 27, 2014 | 1518 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover1994

This was one of my first higher end foundations that I ended up purchasing after hearing all of the hype. I normally don't wear a lot of face makeup since I prefer to let my skin breathe instead of covering it in a lot of foundation on a daily basis.
This is the perfect foundation for my normal-combination skin. I am an NC25 in MAC most of the year and I wear the shade Light 5 - Fiji. In the summer I get up to NC30 and I can still wear this shade, however I do have to use a bit of bronzer in order to make this match to the rest of my body.
This gives medium coverage and has a natural finish which needs to be set with powder if you want this to last all day (or night) without getting shiny. I love this for when I'm going out since it has no flashback due to the lack of SPF.
If you've been thinking about getting this foundation I would highly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I prefer to use no foundation however in the winter my skin gets very red, so I use down the center of my face and in a few other areas.

To use: I add a ton of my own "mix" of cream oil and a product that holds moisture to your face (Cere Ve / Rose Hip Oil / Aloe Vera / Hyaluronic Acid). You can buy all online, and you can buy a huge amount of Hyaluronic Acid for $90 or so with free shipping; Any product with Hyaluronic acid is very expensive so this is a cheap way to get lots of it on your skin if you have dry skin.

*************************************

PROS
1). Color match. NARS Mount Blanc foundation and creamy concealer in vanilla are a near perfect match for my skin tone. That is enough of a reason to purchase as it is nearly impossible to match light skin with pink undertones without making me look "too pink"

2). Thin liquid. I prefer a very thin foundation that spreads easily

3). FULL coverage. Not sure why NARS calls this "SHEER"; it gives as much coverage as MUFE, and less than MAC Face & Body NW20.

CONS:
1). GLOW ??? No glow to this foundation, it dries matt and flat. I add a half pump of Becca Skin Perfecter in the lightest shade to give me some glow.

2). FULL Coverage. I was not looking for a full coverage foundation, and this is "SHEER GLOW" which is what I should be getting, right?

BOTTOM LINE:
I probably will use this up while shopping for another foundation. I like my MAC Face & Body but it doesn't blend well if I use it just down the center of my face. It is more for a sheer summer TM for me. TM these days are thick so I do not buy any Tinted Moisturizer as I do not find much tint nor moisture in the products

I like the color range of NARS, but find the Creamy Concealer in Vanilla to be too thick and dry, and the NARS SHEER GLOW foundation to be full coverage non sheer and no glow packaged in a heavy jar without a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Beccask

This foundation is extremely confusing. My friend who has normal to dry skin recommended this to me, even though I have combination to oily skin. When I first applied this I loved it. More than any foundation I have ever used. More than makeup forever, Laura mercier, urban decay. It made my skin completely flawless. But thought the day. Around my nose and between my eyebrows I literally saw the foundation sliding off. It looked like I had orange liquid on my face. I thought if I just really set it with a powder it should be okay, and that somewhat helps( I use the makeup forever setting powder). I also figured this is probably a lot better for people with dry skin. But I notice that when I have dry flakey spots, usually on the top of my nose or just where I had a previous pimple, it cakes around it. So just remember to exfoliate or moisturize well. The reason j give this a 3 is because it really is the best foundation I have found so far, but I am still on my hunt. Just know that you MUST set this foundation in your oily spots and you must really moisturize your dry spots if you want the full benefit of this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by virelais

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love this foundation
honestly the best foundation i've ever purchased, i have dry to combination skin and sometimes get breakouts, but with this, it keeps me moisturised and doesn't break me out! it's a godsend!
i've seen people comment on it's "runny" consistency but honestly i do not find that to be the case - coming out of the bottle it's quick thick, not in a bad way though. one complaint is that of the bottle itself; it's kinda ridiculous to have to buy an accompanying pump (which i always prefer to use as it's more hygienic and easier to moniter). however i did recently purchase the pump for $4 at my local mecca cosmetica so i'm content.
it is a bit pricey (i paid about $68 here in australia - daylight robbery but that's what happens when you live on the other side of the world) but in my opinion, it's completely worth it. i dont think i'll ever buy another foundation again
i would urge everyone to at least test this out, it gives the most natural coverage but still does a good job of hiding my dark spots etc. all in all my HG foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Neither sheer nor glowy...but here are my two cents:

Consistency: quite thin and runny, which makes it blend out super easily/quickly

Coverage: medium, definitely covers up my hyperpigmentation, although I think it looks best sheered out with concealer on the problem spots. I use a stippling brush to get lighter coverage. I find that it can definitely look a bit cakey once you've build it up to medium to full.

Finish: not dewy or matte, beautiful natural finish, looks like just natural skin, it has not settled into pores or lines on me with or without a primer. However, it does cling to dry patches so make sure you exfoliate/moisturize ahead of time. I personally don't have oily skin, but it's likely not matte enough if you are oily.

Lasting power: it looks fine at the end of the day, but definitely not something you can put on in the morning and then party all night in. On my skin (normal to dry), I find that powdering makes no difference. I haven't had any issues with it oxidizing.

Color selection: quite good, 17 colors ranging from very fair to quite dark in a variety of undertones, I'm NC 20-25 and Ceylan is perfect for me in the winter, and works fine if I use a darker powder in the summer

Packaging: people gripe about the lack of pump, but it honestly doesn't bother me so much. I just pour slowly onto the back of my hand. I think the square glass bottle with the black top in the classic Nars rubbery black is quite chic. If you really want a pump, Nars does sell them for I think $6.

Price: $45, steep but not crazy. I find that I end up using less of this for the same coverage as my other loved foundations (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, YSL Teint Touch Eclat) so the bottle lasts longer.

Bottom line: gorgeous foundation for natural looking skin for those with normal skin without any major issues (which thankfully is me most of the time). I can't see this working on oily or dry skins or for those we need good coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by AshKay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great luminous, natural finish, medium coverage foundation! Possibly, fingers crossed, my Hg foundation......after 4 years of active searching after crossing the 40 age barrier and needing a foundation to love and work with (not against) my sun spots, light melasma, fine lines around the eyes and forehead and increasingly dull and lustre-less skin tone.

In my experience many foundations add years to already post-40 aging challenges by settling in lines, slipping in forehead lines, providing mask-like coverage (claiming to be medium coverage) and oxidizing after an hour (and I have normal skin).

NARS Sheer Glow does the opposite (for me anyway). It actually enhances my post 40 au naturelle aging face whilst minimising my skin issues (melasma, dull skin tone) and giving me a natural glow which is not shiny or artificial-looking. Best of all it does not slip, settle in or cake in lines around the eyes or forehead. Dare I say I think it actually minimises the appearance of fine lines (compared to other foundations I tried).

The only negative....and it is minor and I can live with it...is that the bottle does not come with a pump (must be purchased separately for $4 Aus at Mecca cosmetics).

In a nutshell, this is the best foundation I have used (for a week now). I use the colour Sante Fe which is a perfect match for my NC 20 (Estee Lauder dw light intensity 2) skin. The colour stays true all day even though I wear it over moisturiser and sun screen. I do set it with a light dusting of my estee lauder translucent powder. No slippage in lines. I do use a mac prolongwear concealer under the eyes or on any spots. On my melasma areas I do add a 2nd layer of foundation and miraculously it does not look cakey at all.

I have had compliments daily from my hubbie and teenage daughter and they are my strongest critics when it comes to foundation.
Would I buy this again? Yes Yes Yes!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lfitzsimons1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have bought this foundation twice now, I love the finish and colour of this foundation im shade Mont Blanc (light 2). The finish is semi matte my favourite finish of foundations as I love a healthy glow and is a medium buildable coverage. I have oily and spot pone skin with some acne scaring and this foundation makes me look flawless and is just like skin. I love applying it with the real techniques beauty sponge (wet) which I feel I get the best results with. The only thing is that after only 4/5 hours after wearing it I start to get oily but thats my own problem not the foundations. I just simply blot and powder and im fine again. This is another foundation that I always get compliments with when I wear it. Overall this will always be a staple in my makeup drawer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by shajmamba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so skeptical buying this foundation as I have oily combo skin. I am a mac studio fix nc40 in the summer and nw30 in the winter and used mac for yrs and even when i try ither foundations studio fix is my go to. The name sheer glow made me think it was going to highlight the oiliness in my skin...Low and behold it didn't, I would deffo buy this again and again. I use the rimmel stay matte primer but honestly even when I forget my primer this foundation makes my skin look amazing. Gr8 coverage and lasts but the glow makes me look radiant I love it!!!!
My colour is Barcelona and matches perfectly. I never thought I would like a foundation more than studio fix..I would call it a tie. Bottle is annoying as a lot can pour out but a little goes a long way. Enjoy 😊😊😊

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by kmg85

Decided to try a sample of this from Sephora after hearing all the hype about it. Glad I just got a sample.
The colour match was great and it went on easily, however, only a few hours after wearing this it oxidized and looked awful up close.

I didn't apply a primer, so maybe that's why.

I didn't find that it gave a "glow" either.

For as expensive as this foundation is, you'd think that NARS could create a better packaging for it...
I'll be sticking with my MUF HD foundation and my trusty L'Oreal Truematch.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by gemmyca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sadly, this broke me out like no other. I do have sensitive skin but my friend was wearing this and it looked beautiful on her! I noticed across the room how glowy it looked on her! She said it was Nars sheer glow so I had to try it. I took samples home and bought it the next day because I loved how easy and soft it was to apply! And the colour match was almost perfect!

A week has gone by after wearing it and I am so embarrassed about my face. I have pimples and acne EVERYWHERE. I even got a whitehead on my LIPLINE. My cheeks are horrible with acne spots and they hurt!

So sad. I love NARS. Guess I'll stick to their lippies and blushes.