August 22, 2014 | 2017 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by mdot95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmm okay so first off all there is no glow whatsoever don't get me wrong there is a little shimmer but its not glowy. Its actually a semi-matte foundation which if you have dry skin is a no no. I find the product only looks nice if you exfoliate really really good or the foundation will just look like a cakey mess. It also kinda clings to dry patches which is super annoying. It does have a nice coverage though but I wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by makeupgal718

Not a foundation expert or a makeup guru at all but i definitely know what looks good & what doesn't. THIS WAS A FAIL ALL AROUND.

Initially purchased at Sephora as an impulsive buy with the help of very nice young lady. Looked great (at first) but realized a few hours later it started separating with peaks of my skin showing through. My face was super shiny and just did absolutely nothing to make my skin appear radiant as it claims to do so. Instead, my skin looked dull and washed. Definitely not good for oily or combination skin, this isn't super heavy either so its strange with all the oil buildup....wont be keeping this to say the very least or repurchasing everrrrrr.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by mauveboudoir

I like this foundation for everyday and on me it lasts a good 10 hours. I just have to dab on it every now and then because I get oily but none of the patchy texture for me (am lucky that makeup stays on well on my skin). I wear Ceylan and it is a good match for my skin. I had to buy the pump separately which was a pain but it was handy though because you can lock it and it won't spill during travel. It's also unscented which I like.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by geiravor

I almost bought this foundation on impulse after hearing such good things, SO glad I got a sample because it does not work for my skin. It looks lovely in the first hour - just like skin. The colour match was also perfefct. Unfortunately though, it gradually fades and settles really badly into my dermatitis and dry patches. I tried this with multiple primers and multiple application techniques. Every time I end up thinking I'd look better without it on, which is something I never thought I'd say about foundation!!! I think it'd probably be really nice if you have non problematic skin though!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried a sample of this in Gobi and I am won over. Great coverage, feels so light, looks like skin (really) and looks better the longer you wear it. Like it so much I hate to wash it off at the end of the day cause it looks so darn good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by sheriibabyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this foundation. I use it as my every day foundation as it gives nice medium build able coverage without looking thick and cakey on my skin. I have an oily t-zone so I do set that area with a powder after I apply the foundation, I also have a bit of acne scarring and it covers well.
I would definitely re purchase this again, I use the shade Deauville, and it's a really good colour match for me. It has become one of my favourite foundations. I have also purchased the nars foundation pump to make getting the product out easier.
I usually wear this foundation for about 8+ hours a day. It has good lasting power on my skin(I don't use a primer).
By the end of the day everything is still looking good, my only problem area is my nose where the foundation may come off a little due to my oily skin and a little shineyness on the forehead area. But that is expected when wearing a foundation for the whole day and doing everyday activities. Other than that it's pretty much amazing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do love this foundation, but I broke out immediately, as I do with most liquid foundations except Chanel Lumiere and La Prairie.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Zoejuliana

I'm pretty pale with slight yellow tones. I have an oily t-zone, acne prone skin with some scarring (Wow I sound really attractive)

At first I really loved this foundation, it seemed like the perfect colour and texture. I bought this in Mont Blanc from Space NK. The assistant didn't even try the foundation on me, just said it would be right. I tried to tell her I had more yellow skin but she said my face was more pink - this probably was because I was wearing a foundation which was too pink!! Anyway it was fine for a while but I now feel like it makes my skin look really pale and nasty, almost transparent. I am considering taking it back for a more suitable colour.

I think this foundation will be good for winter as it tends to slide off my face now it's warmer. I probably would not re-purchase as it hasn't been the best foundation.

And off I go to continue my search of the best foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sadly I found this foundation a huge let down. Having watched multiple reviews on youtube I was sure I was going to fall in love with the stuff. On initial application this foundation looks flawless, a satin almost light powder like finish. I don’t get where the ‘glow’ comes from as this is almost a matte foundation when first applied. Throughout the day this foundation fades, separates and becomes blotchy. I was so embarrassed to be out in public with such a terrible face of foundation! And this happens within 4 hours… powder over the top just makes it look cakey. While I have friends who love this stuff I just don’t get it. It’s supposed to photograph well due to no SPF but I wouldn’t trust this on a night out if you paid me. The worst part? Forking out AUS68 + AUS4 for the non-inclusive pump. Disappointing for a brand I usually adore!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by paisleypunk

This foundation has a truly incredible range of shades for fair skin. I have trouble finding colours that are pale enough for me while not making me look sallow, but Mont Blanc is the closest I've found to a perfect match. The finish looks and feels nice, though it's maybe more matte than you'd expect from something called 'Sheer Glow'.

The biggest downside is definitely the packaging. For a pricetag like that, I really would expect a pump bottle. They do sell one separately, if you're lucky enough to find it, but there's no excuse for not including it with the foundation itself. As it is, it's quite unhygienic unless you use a Q-tip or pour it carefully into your hand, at which point you risk dumping out too much product (and it's far too expensive to waste). It also seemed to settle into the fine lines bracketing my mouth, which I didn't appreciate.

Overall, the coverage and finish were great, and the colour was perfect, but for this amount of money I'd rather look for a bottle with a pump applicator.