NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 5/14/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally a foundation that matches my skin tone!!!! i've tried a lot of asian brands and they are too light or yellow for me, I've tried a lot of drugstore (western brands) and they are too pink or orange. The Sheer Glow is perfect. It's buildable as well so i usually apply a thin layer at the start to even out my skin tone, then go on a second layer on my acne or scars to make the coverage a little higher. It is quite long lasting, I can still find most of the product on my face after an 8 hour shift without any touch ups. the only problem is the packaging, why do i need to buy a pump separately?! and even if the counter lady says i can reuse the pump, how do i clean it before i use in another bottle so the old product won't contaminate the new?? silly silly design.
WIll i repurchase? not sure. It take a long time to go through one foundation bottle (or sometimes you never finish one bottle) and when i do finish it something better might be invented by then, who knows?

on 5/13/2015 11:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had this in Mont blanc, which is a very fair shade.

I have heard loads of warnings about it breaking people out, but on my dry skin that didn't happen at all. Instead, it seemed like an improvement to the foundation I was using before.

Although its called sheer glow, it is neither sheer nor particularly glowing. It gives a very heavy coverage, and manages to look rather skin like in a matte way. A little goes a long way, so a bottle lasts me a long time.

Its lasting power is great on my skin, it always seem to look as good when I get home after 8-9 hours in school. However, it requires a good cleanser to remove properly.

The only things I think it fails on is the lack of sun screen and the packaging. There is no reason why you should need to pay for a separate pump at this price. Apart from that, I can overlook it and use separate sun screen.

on 5/10/2015 9:42:00 AM

They matched me to Punjab (medium 1), however, I found it too peachy and dark for my NC23 skin, which is light with a bit of yellow undertone. It is too late to return, so I have to keep it. Anyways, I decided to go out and pick up Ceylan (Light 6) which I find is the perfect match for myself. Note: The colour order is a bit odd as Light 5 is darker than Light 6. I am very glad that I purchased another one as it really gives my skin a very natural and beautiful glow, where I can get away without setting it with a powder in spring time as I am a dry to normal skin but sometimes combination. The coverage is medium, buildable and it feels light weight at least not heavy at all. and it lasts all day for me, it is just absolutely gorgeous. I just love this foundation.

Not the right foundation for me, unfortunately...

On the plus side, I found the coverage to be really good and the lasting-power excellent. The shade 'Mont Blanc' was a great match for my cool MAC NW15 skin tone. I also found it easy and smooth to apply.

However, I am sure that something in this foundation breaks me out in lumpy spots :-( I stopped using it for a while and my skin definitely improved, then I tried it again and sure enough the spots appeared.

I found this could sometimes cling a little to drier patches on my face, nothing major but a bit visible nevertheless. I definitely had to load more moisturiser on when I used this foundation. Also, NARS states this is a 'glowing, natural radiant finish foundation', but I found it rather matte looking on me which wasn't really what I wanted.

I would like to start of by saying that I have purchased this product twice. The reason being is that the shade (Ceylan) is a very close match to my skin tone, which is really hard for me to find. I'm about Nc20 ( it's slightly orange on me) Ceylan is more yellowy/neutral tone which is why I like it. It also has my ideal coverage ( I'd considerate medium) It covers some light scarring. Although it says sheer glow, this is more of a demi matte finish on me. There is no SPF so it it isn't convenient for everyday use. (Need to put SPF on) But it will photograph well.

Unfortunately, this stuff looks absolutely horrible on my dry skin. Although this is an oil based foundation, this takes the moisture right out of my skin once it sets in. If you have pretty dry skin, I definitely wouldn't go for it. Also the lasting power on this stuff isn't very long. Maybe a few hours and that's it. I'm pretty sure this is the culprit to some spot breakouts. This is one of those expensive overly hyped products. I've found cheaper foundations that work much better then this one.

Will I repurchase?

on 5/6/2015 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have combination skin: t-zone gets oily later in the day, dry to normal skin on my chin and cheeks.

Staying power: Nothing special, I have tried it with primer, powder and also urban decay all nighter setting spray and after 3-4 hours if I touch my face it comes off easily.

Color selection: pretty decent, I have warm undertones so there is a variety of cool to warm undertones available.

Coverage: very blendable medium but buildable. I use a beautyblender for lighter coverage and a brush for a heavier coverage

Packaging: Poor, no pump

Overall the foundation looks nice on the skin, there is a little bit of luminousity but after I put a setting powder on you could not tell there is any at all. Would not purchase again as I like a foundation that has a long staying powder since I put my makeup on at 7am and don't take it off unti 10pm.

on 5/6/2015 12:08:00 AM

It's my first day of using Nars Sheer Glow after spending an exorbitant amount of money to get it shipped to New Zealand. And I love it! We all know the package sucks and the price is pretty heartbreaking, but even worn without primer it creates a very natural looking medium coverage that matches my pale cool skin perfectly (Mont Blanc). I have combination skin and while i found that it does wear off a bit with mid-afternoon oil, the foundation doesn't cling to dry patches any more than other foundations have. A good powder would fix the oily bits. The biggest plus for me is the buildability (is this even a word?) and the natural finish it creates.
If it doesn't break me out over the next few days, this may become a HG foundation for me...

This is just an OK product. Not my holygrail one.

I have two shades in Fiji and Ceylan.. For referance, I am NC20 in MAC. First I bought Fiji but it looks waaay yellow on me. Then I didnt give up and bought Ceylan a week later. This is a neutral shade, looks better on me.

The coverage is medium and buildable. If you dont have skin problems, you will love this. It looks nice but do not believe in the name. Cos it doesnt GLOW much. It is not as dewy as it sounds. I can say it is semi-glow,doesnt look greasy. But after 5-6 hours it will start to shine if you do not set it with powder.

I hate the bottle. If i buy a high end product, I expect it to be come with a pump. Even drugstore brands foundations have it. I just dont like it. I do not like paying more while I spent enough for a 30 ml bottle.

The last thing i can say is that I will not buy it again. I am gonna try new ones.

I was shocked at how non-sheer and non-glowy this looked. Application was smooth. It gave medium (leaning toward full) coverage and looked completely matte (to the point of appearing velvety or chalk-like). The name had me expecting something similar to MAC Face and Body, but they are dramatically different. I'm giving an extra lippie because this is the only foundation in which I've found a true color match (Gobi, although the All Day foundation in the same shade looked darker and didn't seem to match me).

on 5/5/2015 1:10:00 AM

I'm a drugstore foundation girl! I wanted to try something high-end, and NARS really stood out to me! I was so disappointed with this product though. I was told its great for my dry skin, especially when used with a primer. I couldn't find an exact shade to match my skin (annoying). It oxidizes soo fast. It definitely has buildable coverage but even after setting with powder it only stays on the face for 3-4 hours. And my skin has NO OIL, so you'd think it would hold up all day. But nope! More annoying than ever is it doesn't come with a pump, its expensive and the glass bottle is risky! Honestly would not repurchase. I'm on the hunt for the perfect foundation!

Video Reviews & Tutorials