NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 6/14/2015 4:20:00 AM

Such a lovely and breathable foundation! Provides medium coverage as well still looking natural on the skin. Wouldn't recommend this for an every day foundation but for days in which you need better coverage or you need to go to an event.

on 6/9/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation! Literally makes me glow! I always get compliments when I use this foundation. I have combination, Acne prone skin and I have been in the process of clearing up my skin. I love this foundation because i can build it up to cover the redness of a breakout but when my skin is clear I only have to use a small amount and it gives me the perfect glowy coverage.

I also think that using my real techniques buffing brush with this product works 100x better than my fingers!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The packaging for this product is beautiful, the coverage of this foundation is fantastic and it feels so light on the skin. It is so easy to blend and has a fantastic colour range! I highly recommend this product to anyone with oily- normal skin as I know you would love it. On the areas of my skin which are not dry this foundation looks flawless however on my forehead and nose (where I am a lot more dry) the foundation really clings to my dry patches - which is such a shame. The patches are noticeable and ruin the effect of a flawless finish. It is not so much the foundations fault but my own skins fault:( I just wanted to inform those with dry skin that this product may not be the one for you.

on 6/5/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is what I would call "good." For the price I was expecting a whole lot better! Over all the fondation isn't really true to its name. It claims to be "sheer glow." For one, I wouldn't describe it as sheer, more medium. Secondly, in my opinion its more of a Demi matte finish and not so glowy. If you are going to splurge to test it out for yourself, make sure you get color matched, because there is a lot of colors!

I love this foundation, and how it does give a dewy finish more a sheer finish though. The colour really matched me as well I got the shade deauville, it's easy too blend and best too use with a beauty blender/sponge. However when you do blend it, it is quite sheer so I tend too put a second layer over the top, it does last the full day, about 6 hours maybe. The size I thought was a let down how it is very small and was quite pricey but the bottle still looks full too the top so I do recon it will take a while for me too Finnish. I do love this foundation and is one off the best I've used as it blends so well and doesn't look cakey at all.

on 6/4/2015 5:12:00 AM

I absolutely loathe writing negative reviews but after all the hype I really had to post something as some sort of warning to other like-minded buyers. I usually use a light, dewy sheer foundation. Past favourites have been: Burberry Luminous Fluid Base, Chanel Aqua Vita Lumiere, MAC Face and Body, Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation and Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (favourite). I bought this under the impression that this would be in the same vein as these products (perhaps I was fooled by the name of the product?) but was very much mistaken.

I so badly wanted to love this foundation but it is so matte, cakey and terrible that I even exchanged it for another thinking it must have been a faulty one. I tried every imaginable way of applying it; fingers, MAC duo-fibre stippling brush, Real Techniques foundation brush, a Beauty Blender sponge, but nothing would take away from how much this thick product stuck to any dry patches (/created ones I didn't even know I had) and made it look like I was wearing a huge face of make-up. The shade (Deauville) was fairly bang on but the consistency was just awful and I couldn't understand how matte it was. As it was so expensive I tried to give it to a friend who has the same shade skin as me. After applying it made her dewy skin look matte and cakey and it has been resigned as a decoration to my dressing table after a few uses.

The inner cap also cracked and has made using the product a hot mess. Oh to be able to return used products! I'm definitely sticking to my Guerlain foundation. This is the only cult product that I am completely confused at regarding the hype. Approach with caution and definitely test with your whole face, not just a shade swatch, before you think about buying! Sometimes buying into hype is tricksy...

xx

on 6/1/2015 5:35:00 PM

This is the best foundation in my collection. I loathe the feel of heavy foundations and avoid full coverage unless I really need it. This foundation is light-medium coverage and has an extensive range of shades. Although many of the shades look quite yellow in the bottle they blend out well and look really natural. I tend to switch between Mont Blanc and Deauxville for my NW 15-20 skin. I find this blends like a dream with a buffing brush or stipling brush. The finish is so smooth and natural and does not feel like I am wearing anything on my skin. The packaging is fine if you buy the pump or use a MAC pump. It really should just come with the pump though. Overall I adore this foundation for everyday wear and am likely to use this more than any of my other foundations.

I recently began using a drop of the Cover FX Custom Cover Drops to adjust the shade of Mont Blanc and WOW! These two products go so well together. If I add 2-3 drops with Sheer Glow then I increase the coverage without changing the texture or finish of the foundation. Brilliant!

on 6/1/2015 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Tried this out because I was curious to play around with foundation. I had heard a few good things about this product so I gave it a try and loved it. It really does give a sheer glow. It doesn't leave a dewy or a matte finish, which I like and it also stays on very smoothly. The only con about it is it takes a bit longer to blend than other products i have tried. Definitely recommend.

Normally I don't spend this much on a singe foundation but I really do love the product. The coverage is amazing, the color selection is amazing and the way it blends and looks on the skin is great. However I am not a big fan of the packaging. I believe that all foundations should come with a pump when the bottles are like this one. I find it not to be very user friendly without it. Aside from that I do love this foundation and would repurchase it.

on 5/30/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well...I haven't purchased this product yet, but reading through the comments I think I would like to try the product only to get my view on it but if anyone watches lets say Zoella on YouTube she has spotty and oily skin yet she is a very down to earth person and only recommends the best products! I think though it's a shame the company doesn't send out tiny samples for FREE to customers to see if it's there skin tone because a lot of people say how the shade was too dark or looked orange on the skin tone. So..that is something I would recommend, but overall reading through the comments has helped as a lot if people seem to have the same problem as myself with having oily and spotty skin and seeing that most people with that problem find the foundation to go all cakey around there T-zone it is quite bad for a product and that being that pricey!

Video Reviews & Tutorials