Bourjois Mineral Radiance Powder

3.0

on 9/17/2010 1:17:00 AM

This is not the one for me. I do not have clear feeling for Bourjois products as they have good packaging, nice smell, some extremely good and bad products. The vintage collection have extremely high quality, but some of their permanent line eyeshaows are just crap. The texture for this pressed powder is very hard so you will have to try very hard to pick up some of the power which is not unhappy experience. I do not feel this product stays on my face and the coverage is sheer. I will not buy this one again.

on 6/16/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I hated this product! The lightest shade was far too orangey-toned for my skin, it clinged to dry bits on my skin making them look really obvious, and gave me a dull, uneven complexion. The smell is awful too, it's so over-powering! I was so disappointed after reading decent reviews on this. The price isn't great for what it is either. Not impressed, would not buy again.

on 6/13/2010 5:02:00 PM

I love this product. I am super fair, but I got Beige Medium as a contour/bronzer. This powder is so beautiful!
Normally I hate matte powders, but this I love. It is so smooth and easy to blend, it stays put all day. I am so getting it in the palest shade. The only place I get oily is my chin and nostrils, and there is NO oil the rest of the day if I apply this in the morning. And it is so cheap! You get quite a bit of product, the packaging is super cute and very handy (love the mirror).

on 4/4/2010 6:21:00 PM

I have this in 02 Vanille. A fantastic ultra fine pressed mineral powder! Definitely a HG for me. They dont miss a mark with this product. Im absolutely loving the Bourjois line of products and Mineral Radiance is no exception to my ongoing love affair. The containers are great with the little button closures and feminine retro colours with contoured mirror so you can see almost your whole face. I use so little of this airy product and it just sets my look perfectly never heavy or flat looking plus I find that I dont have to touch up during the day a first for me. It boots radiance, gives a matte finish and wears luminously whats not to love!? Wearing this in my most recent photos.

on 3/23/2010 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not too keen on this product. For some reason, it makes my skin so oily. I don't even have oily skin, so I'm really suprised TBH. It has little bits of golden shimmer in it, which is what helps you get the "radiance". I don't think it gives me much of a radiance, it's just powder with a bit of shimmer. It's overly fragranced aswell. The shades don't have any yellowness to them, which is a bit of a pain seeing as I'm an NC30 with yellow undertones. But the shade I got wasn't too pink...it was more peachy beige undertoned, so it wasn't too bad. I would repurchase.

on 1/9/2010 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this powder. One of the best I've tried. My skin is oily and this is very good thing for me.

on 12/23/2009 12:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this powder!! I've been using it for about four months now and it hasn't made me break out (any more than normal anyway!), which is unusual because my skin is prone to acne. My skin gets quite shiny by the end of the day normally but it makes it look matte for the whole day even when I do sport. It covers up smaller spots and red patches and with a little concealer my skin looks really nice.

It is pretty expensive for a compact powder (9) but I used it almost every day and am still using the same one. I also really like the packaging, which is pink and gold with a mirror.

I will definitely buy this product again because it makes my skin look so matte and gets rid of shine.

on 11/13/2009 3:43:00 AM

I got this in rose clair. I really like the smell,but other than that, I think this product is soso. It does give a sort if radiance when first finished, but it doesn't really help to control my oil.

on 10/23/2009 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really like this! After using the Bourjois 10hr sleep effect foundation and liking it, I thought I'd try out a powder. I'm an NC40 tan girl and use shade 07 - hale, which is the darkest available.

Packaging is nice, and it contains a mirror which is great for when you need to touch up. I don't think there's that much product, which annoys me, seeing as the powder is pretty expensive (nearly 9) but I can live with that.

Looking at the powder itself, I can see some very slight glints in there. Not glitter, not shimmer...just glints of gold. I hate anything sparkly or shimmery but on my face none of the glints show up which I was very happy about. I apply this over my 10hr sleep effect foundation and it's perfect for me. I use my TF kabuki brush to apply and it goes on very smoothly, no patchiness. It also doesn't accentuate any flakes or dry spots you may have on the skin.

I have combo (oily t-zone normal cheeks) skin and this didn't make my face oil up. In my 6 hour college day, I didn't have to blot once. At the end of the day my face looked dewy, not oily, which is miraculous for me. The smell of the powder is soooo nice...not the typical strong peach fragrance Bourjois use in their liquid products (which I hate!). I can't describe the smell but it's gorgeous and subtle, not overpowering.

This doesn't really break my sensitive acne-prone skin out much or cause irritation. However, by itself, this powder is useless is terms of coverage etc...but Overall I'd recommend this.

on 8/1/2009 4:14:00 PM

Picked this up in Boots for a really good deal, but it likely costs a lot more if you're buying it stateside.
That said, it was a really great summer powder for me-- I picked up 02 vanille, which is near the lightest end of the spectrum, but still a little dark for me, which meant I started out using it almost as a bronzer. Once my tan picked up, I just started using it all over, and was really pleased. I use a mineral brush instead of the sponge that came with, which I felt picked up a bit too much product and didn't distribute than evenly. The result is really natural; matte but not too matte, no glitter, a flattering color, and a light scent that fades quickly. Because it's mineral-based, it doesn't clog pores like a standard powder, so even when I've really been sweating I haven't had to worry. The only problem is that it doesn't hold up for long before I get shiny again (I have combination-oily skin) and the chunky compact is cute but doesn't travel well, so I tend to just put some on in the morning and then pull out the blotting papers later. If you're paying a lot for the product, you'll probably get annoyed.