April 20, 2014 | 982 users online

BB Cream - Etude - BB Magic Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by dv8tor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin that's finally settling down after decades, except for the monthly minor hormonal breakout. This - I had the one for oily skin - had nice coverage, a convenient tube pump dispenser and wasn't too light for my light/medium complexion, but it broke me out on my chin, under my lip and on my cheekbone after one day of use. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by rikiya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the one meant for oily skin but it has barely any oil control. I put on a thin layer and set it with an oil-controlling powder and I wind up all shiny within three hours. It's kind of embarrassing and you can't always run to the restroom to blot all the time, so I'm taking one lippie off for that.

I would say the coverage is medium to full. I have acne scars and red marks from healing pimples and with only a thin layer of this BB cream I have them pretty much covered (to the point that they're not noticeable unless someone is standing way too close). It makes me pretty much flawless looking right after I put it on, even with it's poor oil control I find all my flaws still hidden after a full 8 or 9 hour day.

The colour is too dark though, and I have the sneaking suspicion it oxidizes and gets progressively darker throughout the day. I'm around an NC20 and it makes my face look orange compared to my neck.

I wouldn't buy this again because of the poor oil control and the fact that the colour is completely off for me, but for darker skin ladies with dry/normal skin, I think this would be perfect for them because it really is a great bb cream with good coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It's too white. I purchased the one for oily skin and it's supposed to "change" to match your skin color but it just made me look like a geisha. I'm hispanic so my skin is pretty dark but not EXTREMELY dark so I figured I could put a powder on top of it and contour and it would look fine but it didn't work like that. I looked sick and ghostly. The packaging is nice (my boyfriend even went out of his way to say that the packaging was really pretty) and the smell is good too, it smells like "korea" (again, according to the man). I really wish I could like it but as I said the color doesn't match me one bit and I got oily after an hour of wearing it. So all my brown ladies out there, stay away from this unless you're mixing it with foundation but what's the point in doing that if it won't do anything good for your skin being on top of a primer and being mixed with a bunch of chemicals?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Bexiekun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second BB cream. After using the Missha Perfect Cover BB cream for several months and loving it, I wanted to try another one. I got this from ebay for around 5 GBP - dirt cheap!

I have the version for dry skin (the dry skin one is the PURPLE tube. There's another for normal/oily skin, which I think is in a blue tube). I've only used it for around a week, but I already love it. It goes on easily, blends well, and gives good coverage. Just like the Missha cream (and I'm guessing most BB creams are like this) it can look a little dull and ashy at first, but give it a few minutes to oxidise and it's fine.
My face does also feel softer while it's on, it's quite moisturising, which is what I'd expect from a BB cream made for dry skin.

It also lasts very well. I put it on this morning, went out to do some shopping, got rained on... didn't take it off until around 9:30 at night and my face still looked perfect. It also gives a nice, natural finish.
I couldn't see any different shade options, so this might be one of the BB creams that comes in only one shade. I use Missha #23, and this seems to be almost the same, maybe a little lighter, but it still matches my skin tone perfectly fine. (Sorry, I don't know my MAC NC thing. So I can't put that for reference.)

I'm still not quite sure whether I prefer this one or the Missha Perfect cover. I'm thinking tomorrow maybe I'll wear this on one half of my face, and the Missha on the other half, and see how they compare. :P

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Believeinmagikx3

I've tried many bb creams and this one is just average. The coverage is great, there's a slight medicinal scent to it which is bearable but the oil control isnt there--my face gets shiny midday. I've been alternating between bb creams to experiment and so far so i'll definitely update the review after trying it for longer. It doesn't look like it improves my skin and it's slightly a bit too light when it sets for my skin. The packaging is super cute though!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by bsteves06

I bought this off ebay for about 10 shipping included and i love it. i have combo skin with red marks from acne and this just covers everything so nicely i barely need concealer over it. I'm not sure if there are different shades, the one i have matches my light skin perfectly

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by tinacee888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product is great for my sensitive skin, never experienced any breakouts! my face stays flawless the whole day, with no need to re-apply :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by rorygils

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the refreshing one and I like it because it matches my skin really well. It hard to find a bb cream that matches olive/tan skin tone. They're usually too fair for me. The formula is lightweight, it concealed my blemishes and even out my skin. It supposed to be for oily skin(the refreshing one), it does work when I 1st put it on but after a few hours my skin still get shiny. Maybe my skin is just too oily for anything : (

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by buuuuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the first BB Creams I bought while studying abroad in Seoul. I have the "Clean" version for oily skin. This BB Cream has great (but natural) coverage and has much better oil control than my Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer. My only (very minor) complaint is that it doesn't have an SPF, but this isn't a big deal for me since I wear it with an SPF moisturizer underneath.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by thupham2

A light-weight moisturising formula that didn't make me feel like I was suffocating under a mask. It had a very slight dewiness without being oily which was great coz it demonstrated a good transseasonal quality - it didn't emphasize my dry patches during winter months, and yet was light & (just) dewy enough for a natural, non-cakey summer look. This is definitely one of the more user-friendly BB creams I've owned.
On the down side, it has poor durability: for me it was like 2 to 2.5 hrs before skin's redness shows through and the cream starts slipping off your face (too moisture-laden for its own good, perhaps?)
But to compensate it was good value for money (~$US10).

I admit, the cream is quite cool-toned, so it may not look as natural on Asians with yellow undertones. But on the plus side, the shade is darker than your typical ghost-white BB cream so it does help the cool-tones appear less noticeable. Plus, if you use a pea sized amount (as you're meant to), it won't stand out as much and would just provide a brightening effect without being too obviously white.

I would buy again coz it is gentle, quick and easy to use. But I dislike how it is VERY short lasting. It is not the most realistic option if I need to go out for >4hrs. It's something I would only ever use for a quick trip to the grocers, bank, visiting relatives etc...The cool tone does put me off somewhat, but accounting the cost & amount, it is a compromise I guess...