April 18, 2014 | 1523 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Yummy Plummy

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by NeufChatel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I knew I would like this color as soon as I saw it in the store. But I had no idea it would become one of my all time favorite lipsticks. Not only is the color PERFECT, the formula is impressive. The quality is just as good as department store brands, if not better! It's everything I look for in a lipstick: pigmented, buildable coverage, smooth, creamy, moisturizing, little to no fragrance (this has a faint sweet scent that fades).... prettty much the perfect lipstick. The packaging is great also. I have just two shades of these lipsticks at the moment, but it helps that the tube cover has a coordinating color for the color group i belongs to. All the plummy colors have purple caps, the nudes have a brownish cap, and so on... As for the color of Yummy Plummy, I would describe it as a neutral medium plum with the slightest hint of brown. There is no shimmer. I usually have to make lipsticks more suited to my skintone (med-dark, NW43) by mixing it with a bit of brown lipstick or liner, but not in this case. All I do is apply it and go. The color does not bleed or flake. I am liking this as an everyday color and it really wakes up my face, since I am not much of a morning person. It's such a pretty color that it makes me smile :) I hope they keep making these lipsticks. This is my fave drugstore lipstick and I would love to get more colors.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by chchunstershkba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Favourite plum shade. Looks natural, very flattering on my tan skin tone. Beautiful consistency, texture, last, moisture qualities.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An instant HG for me. I purchased Warm Me Up, and was so impressed with that shade, I had to have more. I purchased Fruit Punch (gorgeous, as well) and Yummy Plummy. Yummy Plummy is an instant everyday shade for me. Excellent payoff, texture and shine. Well done, Maybelline!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by leenie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for the perfect plum...and this is it!! I think it might be an HG lipstick for me. It has a nice, moisturizing consistency with good stay power. It even has a nice taste to it, unlike some lipsticks. The shade is a deep plum, which works great with my cool-toned coloring. It is excellent quality, and I am willing to try other shades within the Color Sensational Line, even though I am certain that this color will be one of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite. It is sexy-natural: it deepens the natural color of my lips and provides a great amount of fullness. The bottom line is: I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a gorgeous soft plum shade. I was using Cover Girl's Incredifull l/s in 920 Berry Souffle but that has been discontinued. For me, Yummy Plummy is a my-lips-but-better color. It has a nice, smooth, creamy texture that glides onto my lips--seriously, I think this rivals department store brands (Clinique, I am talking to you specifically here). I bought two tubes b/c I was pretty sure that I would like it, and am glad that I did. After already having tried (and Loved!!) the Plum Paradise shade, I figured YP would be gorgeous. I plan to keep repurchasing these and also to check out other shades. Bravo, Maybelline, keep these gorgeous lipsticks coming!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by godivatruffles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick is amazing! I bought it after looking for something a little brighter than my usual neutral-colored lipstick. I have to be careful when picking out lipstick because I have very pale skin and the color often overwhelms my face. Plummy, however, turned out superb. It has a stunning effect with my brunette hair and pale skin. As far as quality, it is equal to or superior to that of the department store brands. It is not matte but has a light shine and a gorgeous finish. It also seems to perfect the lips, glossing over fine lines and flaky skin. Although it is not a "quiet" color, it can easily be worn during the day. I give it two thumbs up!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This Color is perfect for me. Its still plummy without being too dark for my skintone. On my lips, it comes out to a bright violet color with pink undertones. Looks like I just got done eating a grape Popsicle. I always wear lip balm, so I had mo problems with this lipstick being dry. It goes on smooth and creamy and it looks like it has a bit of shine to it. Def will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by madhs

On me, it's a mauvy color which looks great for fall (just started in Australia)! Love it so far. It's not one of those extremely dark and disgusting mauves, but a more toned mauve which looks great on my darker skin tone. I always try to wear this on top of lip balm, it can be quite dying. But the color is just so lovely. In fact, I even overkilled it a little and wore MAC breezy as a blush (which is a mauve color), and it didn't look funny AT ALL! For the price you pay, it's so worth it. I already own 2 or 3 color sensational lipsticks, might get a few more now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

yummy plummy is a creamy plum/pink lipstick that i pair with château annabelle lip liner. Love the creaminest of that lipstick! Love that color,that goes well with my skin! That lipstick goes well with lilac,purple,brown/burgundy,gold pink, beige,eye shadows. For exemple: eggplant,red bean pie in nyx.love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my go-to lipcolors in the fall. I think it's very striking on pale skin without being garish. The finish and texture are very nice, and I love the package.