Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Concealer

3.8

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, p-Anisic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tromethamine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract, Laureth-4, [CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 3/16/2014 5:36:00 PM

i have really dark under eyes. a sephora girl picked this out for me because i am not too familiar with makeup and this was her recommendation.

i've used dior and mac concealers in the past as well and i liked this one as much i liked the other two.

the only complaint is that i don't wear makeup every day; hence, sometimes i have to physically squeeze out dried product out from the clear long tube at the top....

on 3/8/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It's a very natural looking concealer but it's so dry it settles in the lines & the packaging is horrible as a lot of product comes out when you twist

on 2/21/2014 10:07:00 AM

Overall I would give this concealer a 7/10 - it does a good job of covering up any blemishes, redness and dark circles which is exactly what I would expect of a higher end concealer.

It appears smooth and flawless on the skin straight after you apply it, I use the sephora concealer brush (46) when applying this as i am able to blend it in appropriately and gives good coverage.

The downfall of this product for me is that it seems to wear off very quickly and i find myself having to constantly apply more throughout the day. Also, after an hour or so my face becomes more oily also meaning I have powder my face every so often to avoid this which isn't practical when constantly on the go, and i haven't had this problem with other concealers before.

Satisfied with this concealer for now, but will try another one when this runs out :)

I had heard great things about this brand so I decided to try out this concealer (and foundation) in the store and took a sample home with me. I liked the way it looked and covered up the darker circles under my eyes but it soon broke me out terribly directly where it was applied the most! I still don't know if it was the concealer or the foundation but either way my skin did not like it. I don't know if this has happened to other people or if I just have very sensitive skin but definitely try this out in store and take a sample home before you purchase!

on 1/14/2014 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the BEST concealor out there, literally. I have very visible eye bags and this is the only concealor that actually conceals and brighten! It is also very creamy, which is great for me because no matter how much eye cream I use, my under eye area is dry. This concealor is amazing, it covers, illuminates and moisturizes. It does not settle in lines either. However, the biggest problem with this too good to be true product is the price. First of all, you get only 0.05 oz of the product, which is equivalent to a general sample sized product. So, $30 for 0.05 oz? No thanks. When I initially bought this, it lasted me 2 weeks, then I repurchased it, and it lasted me only 1 week, and for a few months I had to repurchase it every 1-2 weeks, which is a lot, considering that it is highly priced for the amount of product given.

If only this product was cheaper or, if Make Up For Ever matched the amount of product with the price better, then I would have never stopped repurchasing.

Too pricey!

on 12/28/2013 11:12:00 AM

I've been testing a large sample of thus and love it. It looks and feels very natural on my under eyes. It brightens and doesn't settle in lines. I'm debating on whether or not to spend this much to buy it with all the complaints about packaging though.

on 12/12/2013 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this in the store because I thought it would be fun to do a full face of makeup while I was at Sephora. lol

I really like the idea of the applicator. I have click brush concealers like this that have the bristle brush and while they don't really bother me I can see the charm of having something you can wipe off. The applicator does seem more sanitary, but I didn't use it to actually apply the product. I clicked the product up and put it on my finger then put it under my eye.

The color I chose to try was a pink based concealer and I chose it because I am more interested in brightening under my eye vs. concealing. I really don't have much discoloration. My issue is more dullness. This really helped brighten up my eye and I would consider purchasing this product in the future if I wanted to treat myself.

The thing is I have a good concealer click pen from maybelline that does a very bang up job at brightening under my eye so I probably won't shell out the money for this product anytime soon, but if I had endless money I would buy it no question.

on 11/14/2013 11:17:00 AM

I loved this concealer! The actual product was great-provided just the right amount of coverage without looking cakey. I used this under my eyes and to cover blemishes and redness and it worked well under all conditions. The consistency was nice and the colour match was spot on (305 for my pale skin). What I didn't like about this was the packaging-it was horrible! The click-pen allowed for way too much product to come out, and at this price I do not want to waste product. I would repurchase if there was different packaging because I loved the product inside!

on 8/9/2013 1:10:00 PM

i wanted to buy this because i generally like makeup forever hd products and needed a good concealer to cover my dark circles but still look natural. The product itself is OK its not fantastic, but its not horrible either. It doesnt completly cover my dark circles but it does have a beautiful hd finish. The only flaws that i see are the lasting power and the goddang packaging. the packaging is different from most concealers and i appreciate them for being different, but its wasting product and is inefficient and plain bad.

the packaging doesnt let u see how much product u have left, the applicater isnt useful, and u have to be careful when u twist because u might get too much product out. Also you have to squeeze the dried product build up out (from previous usage) before you use it again because it wont come out otherwise. i felt like there wasnt much product in it anyways because after a week it would take a while of twisting for it to come out.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is the best concealer I've ever used - love the consistency and how it manages to camouflage without being obvious (in fact, you can't see it). I have it in two shades 330 and 335 - I use the lighter one as a highlighter. I find that many highlighters are full of shimmer, when what I'm looking for is just to 'spotlight' around my eyes and a few spots. This does the trick. It's expensive, but worth it.