October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Gels/Soaps - Soap & Glory - Clean On Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I simply adore Soap and Glory! Being obsessed with all things vintage, it has quickly become one of my absolute favorite brands, and most of their products that I've tried so far are fabulous! Clean on Me was one of the first I've purchased and it deserves all the raves.

I too bought the Birthday Box for $25 at Sephora, which contains 8.4 oz bottles of Clean on Me and The Righteous Butter Body Lotion as well as a bath pouf. Clean on Me is scented with Original Pink, which is very reminiscent of the now discontinued Miss Dior Cherie (replaced by Miss Dior), except it's fruitier and sweeter, less perfumey but still complex. The fragrance is pretty strong however, if you are sensitive to scents try to get a whiff of any of S&G's products scented with it or even Miss Dior in person before purchasing. The packaging is retro-inspired and cheeky, super cute, and easy to operate. It lathers well and is so moisturizing! I've been using products by Dove my whole life but the moisturizing effect of their body washes or beauty bars never lasted. My excessively dry skin would remain that way after showering. But not with Clean on Me or any other S&G bath product I've tried so far! My skin, even before applying lotion, feels super smooth and soft, and my eczema isn't aggravated either. Pairs wonderfully with The Righteous Butter body butter and lotion, and the scrubs The Scrub of Your Life and Flake Away, all scented with Original Pink.

Clean on Me retails for $16 for 16.2 oz at Sephora. Pricey, but so worth it. I used it daily for over one month and used roughly just 2 oz. The one con I have is availability. Clean on Me has been out of stock for months apparently on Sephora's site and I can't find it in stores either (luckily I was able to snag the last Birthday Box in a local Sephora). If you can't find it locally I would suggest buying it on Amazon through Stephensons Online LTD, they ship directly from the UK. I ordered some S&G products that are unavailable in the US from Stephensons and I got my stuff in one week crazy enough! Clean on Me specifically will, with shipping, cost a bit less than $16. If you don't want to order online, I would recommend Ulta's S&G alternative Ginger & Co.'s body wash called Double Up. I have an in depth review up here on MakeupAlley, it's just as fantastic as Clean on Me! Different scent of course, but I love it even more than Original Pink!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by vee1412

Gorgeous scent and lovely creamy lather that leaves skin feeling soft and moisturised, I even use this to shave my legs and it does a super job. A bit pricier than I would normally pay for a body wash but you do only need a little (although it is tempting to slather it on as it smells so lovely) so the big pump bottle will last quite a while. I don't need to moisturise after using this, great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great body wash for those needing moisture but I personally need extra moisturizer afterwards as I have really dry skin. It makes my skin feel clean and smooth and I didn't notice a film or anything left over. It has a clean, fresh scent, but I'm not crazy about it. Overall not something I would repurchase, I'd rather stick with Dove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in the Birthday Box set at Sephora. 8 oz Clean on Me, 8 oz Righteous Butter lotion & a shower pouf for $25. I had heard lots of positive buzz on this from UK bloggers/YTers and I wanted a nice smelling shower gel that was moisturizing enough so I could skip lotion. Clean on Me fills both of those requirements but isn't perfect. I'm not insanely in love with the scent, even though I do like Dior Cherie as a perfume. It is moisturizing but I do still need extra lotion on my knees & elbows.
I would buy this again because I do like it in general but it just hasn't rocked my world

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

A really nice, creamy body wash. No need to use moisturiser afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Nessa222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my fave body washes. Love the fragrance and the soft silky texture. My skin is quite sensitive and dry and this works wonders. I tend to buy most of my beauty products from Lush as their more gentle products seem to work for my skin type, but this is one of the few none-lush products I keep going back to! Highly recommended and it comes in a nice big bottle which lasts for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Halefire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first got this as part of a set for Christmas, and I fell in love with it straightaway. It's wonderfully rich and moisturising (unlike many so-called moisturising shower creams), it lathers up beautifully and while the cost seems a lot for shower cream, it lasts for AGES and so works out as great value for money.

I won't use anything else, and have bought the travel-size bottle as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Amy25od

Love love love love this!! You get the best lather out of it and it smells gorgeous. Also moisturises better than some shower gels. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by verymilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I normally don't get excited about body wash but this stuff is amazing. It smells like a beautiful perfume, is super concentrated (a dime sized amount is enough for my entire body), suds up AMAZINGLY, makes my skin incredibly soft. I also feel like I stay clean longer, oddly enough lol. $18 for the full size seemed a lot to me at first, but you get a lot of product for the price, which is actually cheaper than B&BW shower gels if you do the math and will last a hell of a lot longer since it's so concentrated. I really love it and ended up buying a second bottle for my other bathroom!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by visee

I love the scent of this shower gel! Lathers really well and leaves my skin moisturized and not dry. If you use this, the matching body lotion with the same scent is the Righteous Butter.