April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Natural Eye Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by tinadang14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday go-to palette. I always use a flat shadow brush & place a small amount of "Silk Teddy" on the inner corner of my lids to make my eyes look bigger.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Daficaricuchi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really liked this palette, all the shadows are amazing! What I mainly liked is that the palette's got 9 colors and you really use them, not as frequently, you buy a palette, use 3 or 4 colors and forget about the rest, which remains foreve and ever.
The eyeshadows are very nice and longlasting and the palette includes 3 card with directions, which works perfect for girls who are new on this whole make-up stuff. I would definitely recomend it, the colors are gorgeous, truly versatile.
The package is made of very hard cardboard, has no brush or anything to apply. I would recomend to use it among the eyeshadow primer from Too Faced.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Squarekittens

I have owned this palette for nearly two years and I still love it and I highly recommend it to anyone. Even over the urban decay naked palette.

What I love:
-the layout of the palette makes it easy to use, all the highlighters are on the left, lid colours in the center and dark colours on the right.
-the look cards are a great addition, I tried them and the looks are easy and look good.
-I wanted a matte highlighter, and heaven is a great one
-the highlighters (which you typically use most) are larger
-the colours go well together, without producing muddy looks.
-There isn't a colour that I don't like or use.
-nude beach has large glitters, but doesn't produce as much fallout as most other glitter shadows.
-texture and pigmentation, and easy to build or tone down.
-they blend well, without disappearing.
-they last all day
-the packaging is sleek and sturdy (without the drawer) and also very pretty

so yeah, i have almost no complaints, but there are a few drawbacks
-the value isn't as high as with the urban decay naked palette, you get less shadows and less grams. You also don't get a brush, eyeliner or primer with it (only a little two-day primer sample). The price is lower and it has a decent value, but nothing amazing.
-the lettering on the case rubbs off after a while
-I keep wanting the shadows to be bigger :p

why I like it over the naked palette
-naked doesn't have many light colours
-not much matte colours either
-gunmetal and creep don't go with the rest of the palette
-naked has quite a few colours I just don't use
-the colours easily get muddy when blended
-urban decay's naked is more expensive
(also, the natural eye kit came out before the naked palette:P)

if you have more neutral palettes the too faced natural eye kit can be redundant to have. because the colours aren't extremely unique. But I feel that with it's great lay-out and colour selection within the palette, it's still a nice addition. Even for those who have the naked palette, or the balm nude'tude palette.

I would recommend it to someone who just wants a no fuss palette for day and night. If you are warm toned and like light colours and just want a easy to use palette, this is definitely it.

If you're cool toned, the too faced naked eye kit is a great option, I have that one too and love it. The natural eye kit and the naked eye kit work very well together giving you a lot of colour options.

But if you don't mind not having a matte highlight and you're more into darker, smokier colours and want a black in your palette you're better off with the urban decay naked one or two,

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first Too Faced product I've ever used, and I must say I'm impressed!

The quality of the shades is top notch, they're so buttery and easy to apply.
The color selection is nice too, although I feel as though 'silk teddy' and 'nude beach' are almost repeats of eachother, they're awfully similar.
The only shade I'm not overly impressed with is 'heaven', it's not very pigmented, but the color and consistency is so nice I'm willing to overlook it, it's actually become my 'blending' shade, so at least I could find a positive use for it.

Although the packaging is cute, I feel as though it could have been slightly more compact, it's not very travel friendly.

All in all, amazing value for money palette with the kind of shades that are really trending right now, A+!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by akharri785

This is one of my favorite palettes of all time. I love the Too Faced brand in general but their eye shadows are uh-mazing; great color payoff, beautiful color selection, buttery smooth, and phenomenal staying power. I also like that they work well wet or dry. I generally use these wet with my favorite primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance), and they stay very well. I like the color offerings in this palette a lot and find it to be very versatile for day or night. I also like that it has matte, shimmer, and glitter finishes. Push-Up, Erotica, Honey Pot, and Cocoa Puff are my favorites and I always hit the pan of these four first. Like others have said, Nude Beach is definitely too glittery for me and the fall out is horrible so it is the one color I avoid like the plague in this palette. Other than that, I really think all the colors work well together and they apply and blend so smoothly. I do wish the shadows in the middle column were the "big" pans because those are the ones I actually use for my base. I know the first column is meant to be the base more, but I generally use these (since they're the lightest) for highlighting around the inner corner and the brow bone. This does come with "instructions" for three different looks but I prefer to play around with it a little more. Also, I know that some people don't care for it, but I do like the cardboard packaging it comes in for its size, as well as sustainability.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good quality, mid-priced palette with a little variety.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with my beautiful and lovely mauer vwbenzo on this palette. We are the very few in this pool that wasn't wowed by this palette. I find the packaging cute, feminine fun and even my 60+ yr old conservative mother caught her eye on the Too Faced display at Ulta. However, the quality of the actual shadows aren't my cup of tea. People get defensive about shadows and it reminds me of being a fan for a particular football team. No Urban Decay is the best! No Too Faced is better! No Lorac or go home! Stila or suck on it! I particularly like the butter smooth soft shadows that you'll find with Lorac, Stila and Shiseido. I like my shadows to blend with ease. I don't like to go over and over my crease to force it to blend in. I like shadows to just seamlessly melt into each other. With most Too Faced shadows and including this palette, I have to work at getting shades to mesh in nicely. I only enjoy the top row of this palette which are the matte shades: Heaven (cream) Velvet Revolver (taupe) and Sexpresso (deep brown). However, Velvet Revolver is poor in pigmentation but the formula is smooth. The 2nd row is mediocre and contain heavy frost and or shimmer: Silk Teddy (champagne pink) Push Up (bronze pink) Erotica (soft charcoal). I really don't care for Silk Teddy because of the unnatural frosty harsh look of it. I do like Push up and Erotica is decent in pigmentation but a bit gritty in texture. The last row is a waste and completely poor in quality. The finishes are very glittery and gritty, just like putting crushed shells on your lids! Nude Beach (glittery light warm toned pink) Honey Pot (glittery warm 24k gold) and Cocoa Puff (glittery warm milk chocolate). Ugh, I really hate the bottom row of this. So much fallout with this bottom row as well. I agree with vwbenzo when she mentioned that after a few hours of wear, these shadows seem to turn muddy and make me look tired as well. When I wear Shiseido or Urban Decay Naked shadows, they look fresh all day long. I really tried to love this palette due to the high reviews but it is a bust.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by celinedjohan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colors are pretty and it compliments my eye color (brown, Asian). I find that I really love the highlighting colors and there are a few that I find no use for.
The price is almost as much as the naked palette, which I don't own. I probably would get the naked palette in the future instead of this one.
The packaging is bulky and not really travel friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by HOPI87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette and use it nearly everyday, the only one I don't like is the shadow with tons of glitter! Way to much glitter. But other than that this palette is great, especially if your a makeup newbie

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by mariab79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very good pigmentation. Love this palette u just have to know how to use it. Nc 45

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by tswizzle2102

So far it is amazing!!!! I don't usually get high end eyeshadows but this product just is outstanding... No creasing, beautiful colors, i am so impressed with this. I am a diver and when i have this on my eyes, it is like literally water based! stays on all day and is just the best pallete.. the price is kind of expensive but to me it is worth the money, i love it, especially Silk Teddy... the only thing i dont like about the pallete is the color Nude Beach, not a big fan of glittery eyeshadows but other than that it works great! If you have $36 buy it! you will not regret it.