August 21, 2014 | 1985 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Natural Eye Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by firmieyaya26

This was my first eye palette that I purchased from this line. It's fabulous! The colors are great and very wearable. They also have great staying power especially if you use a primer underneath. I purchased my mine on HSN when they had it on sale plus free shipping. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a nice natural palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I work at Ulta and I got this with my discount and I love it. I use this for a daytime smokey eye & get so many compliments on it! It's a good palette if you like shimmer. One of my favorites for sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Disappointed. . . this is not worth the money to me. This caught my eye months ago, and I love neutral shadows and had never tried Too Faced eyeshadows before. While I love their BB cream, this just isn't something I would ever buy again.

I have hit pan on 2 matte shades in the top row - "Velvet Revolver" and "Sexpresso" and like both of these shades. They are not the best quality but I really like "Velvet Revolver" worn alone on the lid, and it blends decently but isn't as smooth as some other brands. Although Velvet Revolver looks great worn with some brown eyeliner or a cat eye.

My main dislike is the excessive glitter in the "Silk Teddy" and "Nude Beach". I have used these a total of 2x each. . maybe. They flake a lot, and are quite dusty. They don't show up with much colour but mostly glitter/shimmer on my eyelids and there is too much fallout for me to reach for this. As a base shade they are too light for my skin and look odd on my lids. Overall - I have almost used up all of the matte shades but the others just lack quality and are too shimmery for my taste. Packaging is cute though, but if you drop it - the glittery shadows are very soft and will pretty much break immediately - and I've dropped my Naked palette - it was fine along with other Lorac, Kat Von D shimmery stuff which survived the flight down, but this just broke and fell right out of the box, which really isn't a big deal considering I don't use the glittery shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Ninthe

I like the colors in this palette but I do not like to use it because of the fallout of the shadows. They are so soft that it is hard to work with. Would not buy again because there are many alternatives. I think that the packaging of the Too Faced palettes are very cute!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by chaumein

I bought this when I was searching for a "Naked" palette alternative. After going back and forth on many brands in Sephora, I decided on this one! I'm glad I did because I use all the browns daily and the lighter colours are great for highlighting. This is my first "high-end" eyeshadow product, and boy - what a difference! I find it be extremely pigmented and long-lasting throughout the day even without primer.

My only problems with this palette are that the middle colours don't get much use and it's very pricy. I would probably not purchase it again, although it seems that it will last a very long time. Next, I will be going for Naked instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hesitated to get it at first because I thought the price was steep considering how small most of the shadows are. After purchasing it, I'm even more convinced that it's not worth the price. Although the pigmentation on all the shadows is phenomenal. the colors are not particularly exciting. I could easily find dupes for most of them in my collection.

The main complaint I have with this palette is amount of glitter and fall out from the middle and bottom shadows, especially nude beach, which has chunks of glitter in it. I mean we're talking GLITTER BOMB. It gets very messy, with tiny glitter particles trickling down to your nose and cheeks. Overall, I would still recommend this for people who like shimmery and neutral shadows, but it didn't quite work for me. I will be returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by HotPinkLipstick01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my new go to everyday palette! I love it! It has all the neutral colors I look for and the quality is outstanding! I go for drugstore eyeshadows but to me the only ones that are pigmented are wet n wild and they only have a few natural/neutral shadows. I really wanted a nice pigmented good quality eyeshadow palette and this is defiantly it. I like how it includes some matte shades but not too much cause I prefer a shimmer shadow finish better. The only shade that has problems is nude beach, it's mainly just glitter and no color. Other than that the other shades are great. Silk teddy, velvet revolver,and honey pot are some of my faves. I like using silk teddy on the lid, velvet revolver blended in the crease, and then coco puff, eratica, or sexpresso in the outer crease. I get so much use out of this palette and the looks you can create are endless. If you don't mind parting with some money I totally recommend this. It's worth the 36 bucks and that's coming from someone who prefers drugstore makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by tinadang14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday go-to palette. I always use a flat shadow brush & place a small amount of "Silk Teddy" on the inner corner of my lids to make my eyes look bigger.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Daficaricuchi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really liked this palette, all the shadows are amazing! What I mainly liked is that the palette's got 9 colors and you really use them, not as frequently, you buy a palette, use 3 or 4 colors and forget about the rest, which remains forever and ever.
The eyeshadows are very nice and longlasting and the palette includes 3 cards with directions, which works perfect for girls who are new on this whole make-up stuff. I would definitely recomend it, the colors are gorgeous, truly versatile and super blendable.
The package is made of very hard cardboard, has no brush or anything to apply. I would recomend to use it among the eyeshadow primer from Too Faced.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Squarekittens

I have owned this palette for nearly two years and I still love it and I highly recommend it to anyone. Even over the urban decay naked palette.

What I love:
-the layout of the palette makes it easy to use, all the highlighters are on the left, lid colours in the center and dark colours on the right.
-the look cards are a great addition, I tried them and the looks are easy and look good.
-I wanted a matte highlighter, and heaven is a great one
-the highlighters (which you typically use most) are larger
-the colours go well together, without producing muddy looks.
-There isn't a colour that I don't like or use.
-nude beach has large glitters, but doesn't produce as much fallout as most other glitter shadows.
-texture and pigmentation, and easy to build or tone down.
-they blend well, without disappearing.
-they last all day
-the packaging is sleek and sturdy (without the drawer) and also very pretty

so yeah, i have almost no complaints, but there are a few drawbacks
-the value isn't as high as with the urban decay naked palette, you get less shadows and less grams. You also don't get a brush, eyeliner or primer with it (only a little two-day primer sample). The price is lower and it has a decent value, but nothing amazing.
-the lettering on the case rubbs off after a while
-I keep wanting the shadows to be bigger :p

why I like it over the naked palette
-naked doesn't have many light colours
-not much matte colours either
-gunmetal and creep don't go with the rest of the palette
-naked has quite a few colours I just don't use
-the colours easily get muddy when blended
-urban decay's naked is more expensive
(also, the natural eye kit came out before the naked palette:P)

if you have more neutral palettes the too faced natural eye kit can be redundant to have. because the colours aren't extremely unique. But I feel that with it's great lay-out and colour selection within the palette, it's still a nice addition. Even for those who have the naked palette, or the balm nude'tude palette.

I would recommend it to someone who just wants a no fuss palette for day and night. If you are warm toned and like light colours and just want a easy to use palette, this is definitely it.

If you're cool toned, the too faced naked eye kit is a great option, I have that one too and love it. The natural eye kit and the naked eye kit work very well together giving you a lot of colour options.

But if you don't mind not having a matte highlight and you're more into darker, smokier colours and want a black in your palette you're better off with the urban decay naked one or two,

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No