October 22, 2014 | 1654 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Moneyinthebanx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this two years ago and still have product left- it is also still as good as the day I started using this.

The stylist who cut my hair used this when my hair was wet before blowdrying but also a teeny bit before flat ironing. My hair was so glossy and smooth. I loved it. Now I am able to recreate that look at home.

Probably about 6 months ago, I thought I would need to repurchase soon, but the bottle is still going strong. The tube helps it drain to the bottom and even when I think its done, I will cut off the top and see if there is any left.

I would 100% repurchase this even if I couldn't find it on sale. It is a staple in my straight hair arsenol.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by surferbabe09

Overall I am quite happy with this product. I apply a dime size amount when my hair is wet and let it air dry and it works well. Is very pricey but a tube for me lasts for ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

I have coarse asian hair, about midback length. This product gives a little 'weight' to the hair without stickiness or greasiness and helps the outer layers which are often a bit poofy, to sit smooth and flat. I use a large pea (a bean??) sized amount, mixed with 2-3 squirts of the light elements fluid before blowdrying and it leaves me with soft and glossy hair. Thermal protection a bonus. One tube lasts a year so the price is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Tlauren55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to an aveda hair salon and the stylist told me that this would help with the straightening process while blowing my hair. I was skeptical at first bc Ive used many serums on my hair before blowing it out and I have gotten the greasy non-shiny look. After the stylist applied it and blew it out my hair look great, it was soft and super shiny. It looked and felt great. I highly recommend this product.
My hair type -soft curly thin hair

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by littlemissbusiness

GAME CHANGER. I have fairly thick hair but it is easy to style. It's very straight so I usually just blow it out and straighten it, curl it or put it in a pony tail.

I decided to try this smooth infusion glossing straightener on a whim from the rave reviews. Wow, this stuff is fantastic. It straightens and gives a shiny polish (just out of the hair saloon). I can not imagine how I went so long without discovering this product. It is amazing. It hides any trace of split ends or uneven hair texture. I will continue to use religiously.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Allidoll

HG HG HG! I love this product. Makes my hair sleek and shiney and prepares it for straightning. Apply a dime size amount through damp hair and your ready to go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thanks to the wonderful reviews, I picked this up at the Aveda store last night. I used it today and the shine is incredible. It also has heat protection in it, so it works for just about everything. Yes, the price may be steep. But I was buying Shu Essence Absolue. This is so much better and less than half the price. Thanks Aveda, another awesome product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by mdeering5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best straightening product I've ever used. I have thick, wavy/ curly, frizzy hair and it's always a challenge to get the perfect blowout. This stuff is excellent, it cuts down on drying time and I don't have to flat iron my hair after using it. I've tried a couple others, but keep coming back to this one. Plus, it lasts a while. I had my first tube for almost a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by contrariwhys

I like this product. I've used lots of serums, gels, and leave in creams for my hair since I frequently use heat on my hair. It really makes my hair feel smooth and sleek after blow drying or straightening. My favorite thing about this gloss is that it's super light weight and a little bit goes a long way. I wish it was cheaper but I'm thinking this will last me a while since I don't use it everyday.
Would I buy again: probably unless I find something cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by KClark

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I've been telling everyone about it since I tried it. I have naturally curly hair that I wear straight 98% of the time. Because I have no chemicals in my hair to relax the curl, typically my hair would "poof" and frizz at the hint of any moisture in the air, if I sweat or anything. I would often wear my hair pulled back in an effort to control it. Well after using this product I have no more problems, With this product in my hair I can stay outside, go to the gym, do whatever and my hair will not frizz.It's amazing! I use it a little different than the instructions though. Instead of adding to my hair when it's damp, I sit under the dryer for a short time and then add this right before I flat iron.