December 20, 2014 | 1631 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Overall: Natural/defined look. Lengthens a bit. It can be buildable, but it isn't crazy volumizing/lengthening. Good for simple eye looks. Blackest black IS black. No grey/ashy colour like you find in many d/s mascaras.

Hello HG. With one slick (no building up) it looks incredibly pretty (longer, thicker, black, but verrrry natural) and you can even build it up! It gives an equal look to my Chanel inimitable except BETTER--no exaggeration, promise. The Chanel is not as black as this, it is a watery/ashy black--and it doesn't lengthen the way this does (chanel looks crusty if u try to build it just a bit, but with two coats this maybelline one looks smooth like a natural eyelash.)...hg hg hg..never though that i would say that about a mascara in the famous pink and green tube! Way better than Great lash original of course, but also exactly on even footing with HE mascaras. I used Falsies mascaras at the roots of the lashes combined with this n wow! Perfection! Better than tightlining fr me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The blackest black color is great and the volume-building properties are a bit above average, but the bottom line is this: REVENGE OF THE SPIDER WOMAN. Seriously. The formula dries on my lashes to a weird, crispy, spidery-looking finish. Not hot. This horror-movie effect can be somewhat mitigated if you apply the product very, VERY slowly, combing out clumps as you go, but I'd rather just use a better mascara. Oh well. At least it was cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara was a huge fail for me. It didnt give me any volume at all. I hope to try the orginal Great Lash or the Great Lash Curved Brush. Luckily, I was able to return it to CVS. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by elicandytime

I actually like this one more than the original great lash. I got lots of compliments on my eyes when I wore this because my lashes were BIG. I loved how dramatic it was but for whatever reason my eyelashes fell out a lot when I used this and the original great lash didn't... Really weird. I stopped using it for the sale of my lashes health

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ohhhleslie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AWESOME! I love this mascara. I tried the original great lash and hated it because the brush bristles were too far apart to separate the lashes but the "big" brush is much better. I'd compare it to Benefit's Bad Gal Lash (which I LOVE) but this is a more affordable version. I've tried many mascaras and the great lash formula is one of the best : doesn't clump (with the right brush), doesn't smudge or flake, easy to remove, lengthens and holds a curl. Anyone hating on this mascara is trippin . The price is great deal for how amazing this mascara is. It's about 4-5 dollars depending on where you buy it. Give it a try !

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by lucykk

I have just finished my first tube of this mascara and I am pretty impressed.
It gives very natural length and volume and can be built up without clumping. I also loved that it did not smudge or flake throughout a full day of wear. The wand is easy to use and it separated my lashes really well.
However, in some lighting, the product didn't look completely black but more an ashy, grey colour. I think that this minor problem is really outweighed by its benefits, but I might try some other mascaras before I go back to this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

For whatever reason I LOVED this the first time I used it. It separated well, made my lashes look voluminous and long... but every time after that, it was never the same. It wasn't horrible... just not even close to the first application. (not sure if it dried or what) The brush is too big. I much prefer the christmas tree shaped version of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by strangeandweird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My eyelashes are dark and long so I don't need a mascara to do 'something'. I just don't want it to be clumpy or runny. This mascara is dark and with one coat I'm done. With more coats it's not very good to be honest.The formula is really really thick. So thick in fact that some of it fell from the wand and got on my foot (not a clue how that happened) and I managed to smear tracks on my floor.

I like it because it's cheap and really intensely dark. If well applied my lashes look perfect but it isn't a miracle worker and putting more than one coat on is a recipe for disaster.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Snailzonfire

Absolutely LOVE this brush!!
I use this mascara as my first coat because it perfectly separates the lashes and doesn't clump. The only thing I don't like is that over the day, if you only wear this mascara it slowly wears off and you have to keep applying more.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

It's an average mascara that give a little length and volume without clumping for a natural look.