Maybelline Great Lash BIG

3.5

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Nope, L'Oreal's "Voluminous Million Lashes - Excess" is still my HG mascara. This wasn't that great because it was not very long lasting & it also gave my sister a bad reaction. She had extremely puffy eyes the next morning & it wasn't going away. Luckily she got a cream to fix it! 😄

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must say, this is significantly better than the original "Great Lash". I think this is a great mascara for beginner, as it doesn't make you lashes look insanely BIG! It does what it says and it holds for a good while. Sadly, they don't seem to have a waterproof version, so I won't be repurchasing. Maybe for my little sister or something.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the mascara every has in the vanity or has purchased at least once or knows someone who has purchased...with good reason. This masacara is wonderful it may not be the best but it works exceedingly well for the price bracket.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Definitely useful. I like it because I've just barely started using makeup. I'm 12 by the way, don't look at the age that it says. All I wear is this mascara and MAC Lip glass lip gloss (that's all I'm allowed to wear anyway.) Thankfully, I can wear this to school since it's not EXTREMELY noticeable because I could get in trouble for not following dress code. So I have to look as natural as possible. You can get detention. That would not sit well with my parents.
It's my opinion though and it seems a lot of people don't like it because it's not as visible compared to other mascara.😔But, I do. Oh well, I'm still going to wear it no matter what.

on 7/22/2014 4:06:00 PM

This is the very first mascara I ever used, and the performance is decent, for the price it's great. This is a great starter mascara because it's not overly dramatic it's subtle and natural looking. I would recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a nice, simple, basic, $5 mascara. It has a HUGE classic wirey bristled wand and it's formula is very liquidy; perfect for lengthening but not so much for thickening the lashes. I really like that the bristles comb the lashes effectively and that the formula dries really fast which is perfect for adding more coats and building up the product for dramatic looking eyes. I haven't noticed flaking or smudging underneath the eyes (unless I laugh until I cry), and the endurance is pretty great. As for the cons: this mascara can get messy really fast! The wand is so huge application will be sloppy guaranteed! And it really doesn't do anything for the eyelashes in terms of lengthening dramatically and adding volume. It just feels like I'm just brushing them and separating them.
Removing it is easy but it will take some time to completely wash the black residue out of the eyes!
Finally, I don't think I will repurchase due to the quantity of mascara brands and diversity out there. I want to try and review them all! ;)

Not as good as original, but if you get bored you can buy this to switch it up. Definitely coats lashes in a different way than original. Better though? Not really

on 6/4/2014 3:45:00 PM

I really wanted to like this mascara. It's a great price, the package is cute, I don't have to drive to the ends of the earth to buy it.

Truthfully, I hate it.

Actually, I like the brush. I am not a fan of the new plastic spiky brush/combs that a lot of mascaras are turning to, so I appreciate old-school big wiry brushes in my mascara tube. The brush, however, can't overcome all the problems I have with this mascara. My biggest complaint is that this stuff gets everywhere. I have lash prints on my upper eyelids. I have mascara on my lower lashes, and I don't apply mascara to my lower lashes. I have mascara smudges under my eyes - so bad that I look like I've been punched AND haven't slept for a week. I make periodic trips to the bathroom during the day to make sure I'm not rocking the Alice Cooper look, and every time there's a fresh coating of black.

It's so bad that I'd cry about it, but then I'd have an even bigger mess on my face.

Obviously I bought it because I was so drawn to the packaging.. It's pretty hard to put down once you picked it up. Plus it was cheap so ''WHY NOT''!
I have to say that it's easy to take off, apply and the brush is a great size. But there are many downfalls to this product. If you are going for a natural look and don't want a lot of attention than go for it! But it! But if you want lots of volume and length don't buy it. It lengthens a bit but not a lot. Plus it dries up and clumps. I had to use little Woden sticks to unclump my lashes and that was a real time waster. Also often times black liquid will accumulate at the bottom of your eye near the end of the day. To finish (sorry this was realy long) I'd say it's a good buy for the money paid. And I won't buy it again just because it doesn't realy do anything for my lashes.

on 5/8/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a nice mascara for someone looking for something more natural and whatnot, but it doesn't do a whole lot. Its much better than the original one but not a lot better. I think there are much better mascaras out there for the same price-point.